You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone’s Having a Real Laugh - How Long Until They ‘Bin Bag’ Ten Hag?

17 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

He's moaning about walker when that was complely on Rashford. He felt the slightest bit of contact and hit the deck when in front of Walker running through on goal.

The one he should be pissed at is the Ederson challenge feet first in the box. Makes contact with the ball then goes completely through the player. If that's further up the pitch then it's a free kick and a yellow card.

Definately. There are different rules inside and outside the penalty area. And inside the area the rules are not even remotely the same for attackers and defenders. If a defender falls over it’s a free kick, no matter the reason. That said this actually applies for all team, and I think everyone simply accept it more or less.

The fact that there are different rules for different teams and the rules keep changing from case to case is far more difficult to accept. But that’s a different discussion.

1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Manchester United have lost 11 of their 27 Premier League matches this campaign, two more the whole of last season.

I wonder if his win rate is still ahead of Ferguson. If it is, I think we should start reminding them of it. He's too good to cut. 

39 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I've not seen any of the game so cannot comment as to whether he's got a point but Goldbridge losing his shot over the City's first is hilarious.

Walker kind of put his arm out, but I'd be fuming if that was given against us. It felt to me rashford knew walker was last man and wanted to get him sent off. That was the only chance they had, because the game was that one sided. 

28 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

This cunt actually said it was a good performance. 

And also said "win was possible".

As far as delusions go, this guy is up there, if not right at the very top. 

It would have been utopia. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I wonder if his win rate is still ahead of Ferguson. 

I wouldn't be surprised if it is. They don't draw games, it's win or lose. His loss % must be up there with Moyes too.

I think they've only drawn 3 times all season in all competitions.

11 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it is. They don't draw games, it's win or lose. His loss % must be up there with Moyes too.

This is right - the same week they were saying he would have the highest if they won (maybe three weeks ago) if they lost he would be joint highest for loss % in the new footy era.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

It's wild. They've only won 5 games less than us and considering they've lost their last 2 and we've won our last 2, means a little more than a week ago, they were only 3 wins less than us. 

His record is heavily adjusted by the FA/EL/LC

Of these 61 wins in 100 games. 23 are in them 3 competitions

Premier league

Played 65

Won 37

Lost 20

Drawn 8

GF 95

GA 82

65 games and he's got a +13 goal difference. That's the same as Fulhams. Brighton +24

Screenshot_20240303_215218_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_215305_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_215350_Chrome.jpg

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's wild. They've only won 5 games less than us and considering they've lost their last 2 and we've won our last 2, means a little more than a week ago, they were only 3 wins less than us. 

Winning is all that matters but the goal difference tells the real story. Lots of scabby 1 goal wins for them where they've had less possession,less shots. Lasts years finish was fully on a Rashford purple patch when he kept scoring winners over a couple of months. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Winning is all that matters but the goal difference tells the real story. Lots of scabby 1 goal wins for them where they've had less possession,less shots. Lasts years finish was fully on a Rashford purple patch when he kept scoring winners over a couple of months. 

They look awful in most games they win that I see. 

3 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Definately. There are different rules inside and outside the penalty area.

Same with goalkeepers 

If a forward launched into a tackle like he did on a fullback and cleared out the ball and player it would be a freekick and booking for being out of control

Just thinking that if I was drawing up a list of characteristics for my ideal United manager it would be something like this:

Defensive minded

Tactically inept

Unambitious

Poor in the transfer market

Poor people management skills

Dull

Arrogant

Unlikeable

Basically a set of Hodgson's skills and he matches them. Hope he stays for a while.

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Definately. There are different rules inside and outside the penalty area. And inside the area the rules are not even remotely the same for attackers and defenders. If a defender falls over it’s a free kick, no matter the reason. That said this actually applies for all team, and I think everyone simply accept it more or less.

The fact that there are different rules for different teams and the rules keep changing from case to case is far more difficult to accept. But that’s a different discussion.

There technically aren't different rules but its the refs that make it this way. A 'soft' penalty is still penalty,for example.

15 hours ago, manwiththestick said:

They're like Rick The Model Martell in Royal Rumble '91. Somehow hanging around thinking they're great for the longest time but stinking the place out until eventually they're dumped over the ropes at the business end.

Everton are like the Bushwackers then. Come bouncing in like they own the place then get lashed out the ring after 10 seconds because they’re fucking shit 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think it was at the time of Rafa’s “rant”, Fergie was saying he never feared losing as long as they always went for the win and would take 2 wins and a loss whereas other managers would be happy with 3 draws and remain unbeaten. Draws could be a killer in the end.

21 hours ago, Carra_is_legend said:

This cunt actually said it was a good performance. 

And also said "win was possible".

As far as delusions go, this guy is up there, if not right at the very top. 

Rashford scored a completely unforeseen goal and all of a sudden some of the talk was; "United have come here with a plan". 

In reality, it was a disgusting performance fitting of what a Championship team would do if they came to the Etihad.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Rashford scored a completely unforeseen goal and all of a sudden some of the talk was; "United have come here with a plan". 

In reality, it was a disgusting performance fitting of what a Championship team would do if they came to the Etihad.

Yep. He scored an absolute thunder bastard then put in an absolute bastard of a performance. 

3 hours ago, Red74 said:

I think it was at the time of Rafa’s “rant”, Fergie was saying he never feared losing as long as they always went for the win and would take 2 wins and a loss whereas other managers would be happy with 3 draws and remain unbeaten. Draws could be a killer in the end.

If you are referring to us with the last sentence, we are currently top of the league because of a draw, as we're one point clear. In the years we've lost the league, people trot the same out, without realising the one point we've lost by is a draw, if city had just lost one instead of getting a draw, we'd be level. 

It's great trotting out you'd sooner win 2 matches in 3 and lose the other one. What if you just lost all 3? That's pretty much what seven hag has been doing, which is why despite winning one less game than spurs, they have 6 less points. 

1 point or 3 is in the context of the game and where you are in the league. The point we stole at Luton, that felt terrible and 2 points lost on the day, is what currently separates us from the rest. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

If you are referring to us with the last sentence, we are currently top of the league because of a draw, as we're one point clear. In the years we've lost the league, people trot the same out, without realising the one point we've lost by is a draw, if city had just lost one instead of getting a draw, we'd be level. 

It's great trotting out you'd sooner win 2 matches in 3 and lose the other one. What if you just lost all 3? That's pretty much what seven hag has been doing, which is why despite winning one less game than spurs, they have 6 less points. 

1 point or 3 is in the context of the game and where you are in the league. The point we stole at Luton, that felt terrible and 2 points lost on the day, is what currently separates us from the rest. 

Jesus Christ. How the fuck did you get to that take from what I said from a response about Utd’s lack of draws

On 03/03/2024 at 19:45, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I've often wondered about the differing standards given to the attacking and defending sides in the box. Would the only way to balance the decisions be to outlaw any physical contact in the box? A mad concept, but after watching Salah get endlessly battered about in the box without any action you lose hope. 

I'm amazed he is still in the job.

Imagine if he worked in the real world with staff that dislike him, low morale, KPI's that no-one is interested in achieving but still having the balls to fake how good he thinks he is. Any CEO with half a brain would've fired him long ago.

It's not a question of the right person isn't available at the moment because lets face it, he is utterly useless. It surely cant be the cost of compensation for ripping up his contract now? it is amazingly bemusing.

God bless them for providing yet another comedy season.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Clem H Fandango said:

I'm amazed he is still in the job.

Imagine if he worked in the real world with staff that dislike him, low morale, KPI's that no-one is interested in achieving but still having the balls to fake how good he thinks he is. Any CEO with half a brain would've fired him long ago.

It's not a question of the right person isn't available at the moment because lets face it, he is utterly useless. It surely cant be the cost of compensation for ripping up his contract now? it is amazingly bemusing.

God bless them for providing yet another comedy season.

Yeah, but they were back last summer remember. 3rd place and the league cup in his 1st season. Despite the fact they were fucking shite. And then since it's fallen apart this season, they've been in a holding pattern waiting for that INEOS go shite to get in. Sadly, he'll be gone in the summer.