You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Aston Villa (A) - Tue 10th May (8:00pm)

Trumo

26 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I keep hearing that we have scored about 700 goals this season, so why I do I have no fingernails and am dodging the doctor’s calls about my blood pressure.

Because in the League, if you drop points in merely half a dozen games, you're fucked.

1 minute ago, s(k)aturation said:

Because in the League, if you drop points in merely half a dozen games, you're fucked.

On the bright side, Jurgen’s arrival has cemented us as at least top 3, displacing Arsenal & currently Man Utd. Only Us & City look settled. We look settled in the European Cup again, three finals in four years
Just as an aside, what will be our official capacity when Anny Road is completed?

40 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Thiago/Fabinho/Henderson for the Cup Final please. I think Hendo was supposed to rest tonight, or at least not come on so early. I really think that w/o Hendo, the Thiago/Fabinho midfield is unbalanced. Hendo provides the urgency.

I really don’t see that.  And the numbers don’t back it up either .

3 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

On the bright side, Jurgen’s arrival has cemented us as at least top 3, displacing Arsenal & currently Man Utd. Only Us & City look settled. We look settled in the European Cup again, three finals in four years
Just as an aside, what will be our official capacity when Anny Road is completed?

That's outside of my remit - it's a local question... but at a guess I think I've heard about 63k mentioned.

That's 8 or 9 thousand extra seats still out of reach here in Melbourne.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, s(k)aturation said:

That's outside of my remit - it's a local question... but at a guess I think I've heard about 63k mentioned.

That 8 or 9 thousand extra seats still out of reach here in Melbourne.

You’re closer than me mate - I’m across the ditch in Welly. ;-)

• Like 1

Great win. Felt we played well after they scored up until when we scored the 2nd. After that some of the attitude from the subs was really poor.

Salah came on with a titty lip and barely made any sprints back. Thiago was constantly out of position when they had the ball too. The work rate from those two was awful.

If it wasn't for Mane, we lose that game. Not just for his goal but his attitude and work rate were incredible tonight. His will to win was immense, that was some performance by him.

I feel a bit more worried about the two finals after these last 2 games. The players all look like they have had 2 or 3 points knocked off their performance levels. It's so many games to play.

I'm dreading us following the pattern of first halves that look like we've just been dragged out of bed. The price of being good has a cost.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I feel a bit more worried about the two finals after these last 2 games. The players all look like they have had 2 or 3 points knocked off their performance levels. It's so many games to play.

I'm dreading us following the pattern of first halves that look like we've just been dragged out of bed. The price of being good has a cost.

Well I'd hope that training will be minimal at this time, should be light fitness work mostly.

8 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I've heard of teams already on the beach but not refs. Jon Moss may as well not have turned up. No bookings, in spite of Villa hacking players down, Fab fouling, Digne being a massive ARSE all game. Hopeless refereeing.

He was shockingly bad last night. Looked more unfit than ever too.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

We've had a fucking dreadful schedule since the Villareal home leg. Turn around times have been ridiculous. City have had a much more favourable schedule 

We've got an extra day rest over Chelsea this time. Could make all the difference

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

We've had a fucking dreadful schedule since the Villareal home leg. Turn around times have been ridiculous. City have had a much more favourable schedule 

We've got an extra day rest over Chelsea this time. Could make all the difference

Chelsea have been resting since Madrid knocked them out of the CL.  The cunts as usual will be bang up for the game against us.

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

I bet Chelsea rest everyone against Leeds and go into the final fresher. There’s also the (highly unlikely) possibility of City losing to Wolves meaning that our priority would have to shift to beating Southampton by 7 or 8 goals.

11 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I bet Chelsea rest everyone against Leeds and go into the final fresher. There’s also the (highly unlikely) possibility of City losing to Wolves meaning that our priority would have to shift to beating Southampton by 7 or 8 goals.

Or they lose to West Ham - they play both before we play Southampton. If they lose 1 by the odd goal and win the other by 2, we will be 4 goals behind.