You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2022 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

12 hours ago, El Dangerous said:

Absolutely. Nunez and Gavi would be a great summer but it’s more likely we end up with Abraham/Bowen and Bissouma or someone. Well it’s more likely we sign some players we’ve never heard of. We don’t seem to sign well known players anymore.

Bissouma still has that arrest hanging over him doesn't he? Can't imagine anyone goes near him till that goes away.

36 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Pulisic being linked as well. 

I'd be alright with him. It's never really worked out for him at Chelsea, but he always looks dangerous till he fucks up whenever I watch him. I think it's just a question of helping his decision making and klopp is great at that. And the rumours I've seen up to now only link him with deals to Italian sides - and we know how they go, loans with options to buy for 3m or something while paying 50% of wages. So even if Chelsea are reluctant to sell to us, we're likely to be the best deal around. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Bissouma still has that arrest hanging over him doesn't he? Can't imagine anyone goes near him till that goes away.

I'd be alright with him. It's never really worked out for him at Chelsea, but he always looks dangerous till he fucks up whenever I watch him. I think it's just a question of helping his decision making and klopp is great at that. And the rumours I've seen up to now only link him with deals to Italian sides - and we know how they go, loans with options to buy for 3m or something while paying 50% of wages. So even if Chelsea are reluctant to sell to us, we're likely to be the best deal around. 

The little yank always plays great against us to be fair

But there's no denying he's been riddled with little injuries that have stagnated his career a bit. 

But he's a very decent player, the injury record worries me a bit though, and his physique doesn't exactly scream, heavy metal football either.... 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's the German Fabrizio Romano fella so who knows if theirs any life in it.

Durability would be my one concern.

I'd take Pulisic, think Klopp would have him purring. Injuries would be the only concern.

I could see us not buying anyone also, and going with the remaining 4 plus Taki and maybe Kaide Gordon. Doesn't seem to be alot out there in the market, and could see Klopp thinking there are maybe one or 2 promising players that could be worth signing next year.

1 hour ago, Mil-ing Around said:

Abraham?

Gnabry?

Fuck that. Both are shit. If that's all we can come up with, we should wait a year. Buy the best two midfielders we can and right back cover (Aberdeen kid)

It's taken us years to assemble one of the best squads in the world. 30+ years to be precise. Now's not the time to fill it with shite and take steps backwards.

Agree with the general idea here. If we can't improve the squad this summer, no harm in waiting.

54 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

The little yank always plays great against us to be fair

But there's no denying he's been riddled with little injuries that have stagnated his career a bit. 

But he's a very decent player, the injury record worries me a bit though, and his physique doesn't exactly scream, heavy metal football either.... 

43 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

It's the German Fabrizio Romano fella so who knows if theirs any life in it.

Durability would be my one concern.

To both of the above, yeah injuries are an issue. But with 5 subs and watching how our new fitness team this year keeping the likes of matip and Henderson on the pitch who had been struggling with injuries to a degree, but it was very much done with managing minutes, perhaps there's something we can do there. Chelsea seem to struggle with injuries across an awful lot of their squad. Is it more they have the problem than the players? 

39 minutes ago, m0e said:

Pulisic can't get into a Chelsea side that's 20 points worse off than us.

As big a myth as Havertz.

I don't think that's such a big deal though is it. We don't play like Chelsea. He's also been played at wingback a few times for them, it's hardly going to help him or his confidence. 

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

They play as the more attacking 8 of the 3 midfielders

We already saw the role Elliot had early in the season creating the attacking overload on the right with Salah and Trent being the more forward midfielder of the three even getting the start against Chelsea.

Jones would be the left sided equivalent although we don't play that same triangle on the left.

Both players would be the progressive carriers in the side breaking lines and playing the pass before the assist. You wouldn't play both in the same side against most teams without giving one more defensive responsibility.

On the 4231, the midfield has been a 2-1 in possession a lot of the time this season especially when we're playing with a more attacking player in midfield with Thiago and Fabinho, or Henderson Fabinho becoming the double pivot and usually Keita being the more advanced player although not quite a No.10.

We've also gone to variations of 4231/424 quite often in game either when we're trying to chase a game or close a game out with the extra attacker coming on for a midfielder.

And yet, Klopp doesn't seemingly have a lot of faith in those two judging by mins on pitch and the occasion.  

And yeah I get it, age.  But...Curtis is 21 now, he's older than quite a few established PL players.  

And let's play the 'what if' game. Do you think either could have slotted the ball if they were in Keita's position in the CL Final?  I don't see it. 

3 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

And yet, Klopp doesn't seemingly have a lot of faith in those two judging by mins on pitch and the occasion.  

And yeah I get it, age.  But...Curtis is 21 now, he's older than quite a few established PL players.  

And let's play the 'what if' game. Do you think either could have slotted the ball if they were in Keita's position in the CL Final?  I don't see it. 

Prior to his injury Klopp showed plenty of faith in Elliot, post injury, by his own admission, he's said he wasn't doing enough on the training pitch and needed to improve.

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I'm fucking certain the both of them wouldn't have done what keita did there. 

7 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

If the Mane replacement is not a #9, I like the idea of it being a left footed winger. Like Bowen, Antony, Raphinha, Saka. 

It would be like Diaz was for Mane, a preemptive Salah replacement if he leaves after next year, and it could maybe push Salah to play centrally once in a while, where he could use his ability back to goal, which he is really good at, and it would be a change from doing the thing on the right where he tries to dribble everybody and cut in every time. 

This is one of his very best features when he's playing on the right. Big difference doing that in a static one v one against (typically) smaller LBs than in the middle against a bigger, stronger opponent in an area where there's lots of traffic though. I don't think that ability translated very well the last time(s) he was used there. He's exceptionally strong for his size of course, but (as with Bobby/Jota and Sadio) he'll lose the ball a lot more than he's done out wide.

I'd be happy with all of the players mentioned as understudies (this year) and successors to Salah (next year), hopefully they'll add some more goals to their repertoire...

8 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

What happened to that Nkunku fella? He was doing really well surprised we’re not linked with him or is it that he’s already moved?

Only time I saw him was against Rangers & he was shite 

12 minutes ago, JagSquared said:

What happened to that Nkunku fella? He was doing really well surprised we’re not linked with him or is it that he’s already moved?

Leipzig don't want to sell, he's not pushing for a move anywhere at the moment and there's talk of a contract extension with a release clause coming up.

Unless something mad happens I'd expect next summer is the time he'll move on which, if he continues his current trajectory, could be handy timing.

15 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

If one of the current challenges is to break down teams that've parked the bus, hopefully Mane's replacement helps with that.

maxresdefault.jpg

46 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

We are going to be linked with all sorts of players, most of them will be the result of agents trying to force other eals or contracts. I'll just wait until they're announced. 

R.47e14f425569876470e8c2b6862a0e87?rik=L