Clem H Fandango

First bicycle

Raleigh super s. A shit/smaller version of the chopper.

Came in canary yellow. The handlebar clamp had some kind of bollock magnet technology going on.

Must have snapped about 3 sets of bars pulling wheelies. 

What's yours?

original-raleigh-super-s14-bicycle_360_7076878ae1accab5ce6b3b5d00d616cc.jpg

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I had a Freestyle Falcon Pro, didn't last long as I snapped the frame hitting a jump on the local BMX park.

Screenshot_20211025-223827_Samsung Internet.jpg

That was my second bike, same colours. Gutted it wasn't a haro freestyler but enjoyed it nonetheless.

Mine was called a Mustang. A bit like a Raleigh Chipper, but a few years before they came out. U.S custom style.

It was metallic blue with a long blue padded seat with metalflake in it that looked cool, a fat back tyre, a slim front one, high rise handlebars and a back pedal brake which was boss for skidding with.

I went through back tyres on it like nobody's business.

It was pretty unique, all my mates wanted one, but I never saw another one like it. I can't find any pictures online either.

E2168CA9-8930-486F-8978-5EF2AAAE4BFD.jpeg

Wasn't my first but it’s the only photo I’ve got of me on a bike and it was my favourite one. I was given this by a neighbour and for my 8th birthday when I got some money I bought all the blue bits including the tyres from Hobsons on Walton Vale.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Mine was a Raleigh Chopper. Me and my mate had nearly identical ones and we used to go around thinking we were Punch and John from CHiPs.  

Stringy's first bike 

Screenshot_20211025-233821_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 2

My mate as a hand me down got given a Raleigh Michelle but his family told him it was called a Raleigh Mitchell.

All the kids would go on at him and say you’ve got a girls bike and he would kick off saying no it’s a Raleigh Mitchell!

• Upvote 2

Spring '75 Grandma brought me (then 4) and my elder brother bikes for Easter,I had something like this,s-l1600.jpg

which was fine for leaning to ride,also managed to crash into a low wall and knockout a couple of teeth!

Then,I always nabbed my brothers Chipper if I could,58fc7538c0f6472aa91574e9

used to tear round our village in rural Lincolnshire on that in the summer of '76, until I smacked it into a gatepost and buckled the front wheel and forks.Took awhile to get it fixed and he's still never really forgiven me!

• Upvote 1

image.png.ca9c6ddc5f354e40492bc963aa757aff.png

Another one for little version of the chopper , which I late progressed to . Being a Barry Sheene wannabe , lots of high speed crashes took place around the block . Great days 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I win, right?

fb0f4bb0399eda6de965e41c277f9670.jpg

God, I remember them, didn't they have some digital display on them?

Basically a cheap Raleigh BMX with a load of plastic attached, a friend had one but ripped all the crap off it.

A blue gentlemens bike off my uncle John,  it had a like a satchel thing behind the seat and because it was a bit big  me Dad taped wooden blocks to the pedals felt a right cunt. 

We used to have a laugh on the order bike , sitting in the basket and your mate riding it jumping off, and the other way round. 

I remember three of us on one  celebrating the 74 Cup win. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Gruntfuttock said:

Spring '75 Grandma brought me (then 4) and my elder brother bikes for Easter,I had something like this,s-l1600.jpg

which was fine for leaning to ride,also managed to crash into a low wall and knockout a couple of teeth!

Then,I always nabbed my brothers Chipper if I could,58fc7538c0f6472aa91574e9

used to tear round our village in rural Lincolnshire on that in the summer of '76, until I smacked it into a gatepost and buckled the front wheel and forks.Took awhile to get it fixed and he's still never really forgiven me!

A bike for Easter?

I had a Raleigh Fireball, bought from Halfords when I was 7 or 8. Looking for photos online and the only ones I can find look very different to the Fireball I had. The nearest in apperance and colours are for something called the Raleigh Night Burner. Here's a pic I found online of a Fireball just like mine, although mine wasn't covered in dust.

RALEIGH-FIREBALL-BMX-MINI-BURNER-1980s.j

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

A blue gentlemens bike off my uncle John,  it had a like a satchel thing behind the seat and because it was a bit big  me Dad taped wooden blocks to the pedals felt a right cunt. 

We used to have a laugh on the order bike , sitting in the basket and your mate riding it jumping off, and the other way round. 

I remember three of us on one  celebrating the 74 Cup win. 

Great day that was.

I used to take BMXing semi seriously and was getting to tailwhip level, pulled it off a couple of times.

Still have dints in my shins to this day from it.

This was my first 'proper' bike...

159377964_-2003-haro-f3-bmx-freestyle-bi

Damn, I miss being young and reckless.