Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Spanner

Managerial Sack Race 2021-2022

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Cracking start for Legohead.

Gotta be in the top 5 for getting the axe first

On 25/07/2021 at 22:50, Ne Moe Imya said:

This.

Don't think anyone, Palace's ownership included, have a real sense of how far behind the 8-ball their aging squad has got them. Sure they've made some moves to bring in younger players this summer but it's too little, too late as far as I can see.

On 25/07/2021 at 23:59, an tha said:

I'd make Palace absolute certs to go down this year.

The bump will be audible when they come down to Earth.

Screenshot_2021-08-13-22-32-01-28.jpg

Arteta is just the weirdest managerial appointment I can recall in recent years. Especially since Arsenal were so desperate to hire him for some reason. Arsenal is a huge job even for an experienced manager, and they go and give it to a total novice like Arteta who's never managed any team at any level. Baffling.

Definitely getting fired this season.

Palace are fucked if Vieira leaves, they might as well just give a 10 year contract to one of Key's and Gray's mates and be done with it. Twice they've tried to break out and become a more progressive club and twice they'll have been burned if he's as bad as people think he'll be.

On 25/07/2021 at 17:44, alles ist gut said:

Arteta

They have no system - he played a CF that has scored 5 golas in three years. He has lost the dressing room. His hair looks like it was painted onto his head. He needs a shave - scruff.

Arsenal went untested flavour of the media pack when they needed a Rafa Benitez or similar. I know he wasn’t long in China when the vacancy came about, but they’ve had plenty of time to jettison PepPal since then.

Turning it around from here is going to take some doing, because that squad of theirs makes the one Klopp arrived to look like vintage Liverpool.

They'll write off the first 3 games.

By end of September (with the 4 or 5 games after City) he'll have to have shown something, otherwise he's gone.