You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Curtis Jones

liverpoolsno9

Don't want to be a transfer muppet but at the same time we need to buy Bellingham because a)a midfield of Harvey, Curtis and Jude could be the best in the league by some distance for 10 years or more, and also b)how great would it be to watch the meltdown from opposing fans when the starting England midfield all play for Liverpool?

Oh, and also c)because we might be able to dust off the "best midfield in the world" song again.

21 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Don't want to be a transfer muppet but at the same time we need to buy Bellingham because a)a midfield of Harvey, Curtis and Jude could be the best in the league by some distance for 10 years or more, and also b)how great would it be to watch the meltdown from opposing fans when the starting England midfield all play for Liverpool?

Oh, and also c)because we might be able to dust off the "best midfield in the world" song again.

Hey Jude if we ever signed Jude Bellingham surely?

I honestly believe that he would greatly benefit from a game a week type of situation, so a season long loan to Dortmund or Southampton would’ve been great for his development. I accept that it wasn’t possible due to our circumstances with our most reliable midfielder departing, but in an ideal scenario, he’d be playing week in week out somewhere where his lapses wouldn’t be so scrutinised. 

10 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

He’s been a very good PL player for a while now. Has said before that he has the potential to be world class, and nothing has changed my opinion. His mental strength and character will decide. 

Tonights performance was brilliant.

If there's one thing Jones does not lack it's mental strength and self belief. I'm not sure if it's just a Scouse thing but when I was younger I played with a lot of lads like him who KNEW, absolutely KNEW, they were the greatest footballer to ever step onto a pitch. (They were shite like, but Jones is really good, and has the same kind of self belief.)

Ran the show last night. Bigger, stronger, fitter than I've seen him before. Seems to have developed a love of pressing as well, I always just presumed he'd see that kind of work as a bit beneath him.

Theres a decent player in Jones and I was glad to see him step up last night. All too often he has gone hiding in matches for me, when his skillset offers so much more.

We don't need another Naby, someone who is quite capable, but for some reason doesn't have the attitude to go with the talent.

I really hope he kicks on now. he's also beefed up a bit which is good.

6 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

To be fair, going to Germany and winning fuck all just means you didn't play for Bayern. No clue how anyone enjoys that league.

I agree. So how does that make the player think he's worth £300k+ a week wedge when he decides he's up for returning to England and the PL?

Would people think higher of Curtis if he'd fucked off to Dortie for a couple of seasons like Sancho and Bellingham then signed for us on £300k a week?

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

he's had a kick up the arse at the beginning of the season, I think.  An on-form Fabinho, Thiago, Elliot/Jones is as good a midfield as anywhere I think.  Henderson, Milner, Ox and Keita as back up mean we are not short of depth.

Agree with this I'd say he was really worried when he seen Elliott playing ahead of him and doing so well.

He's responded in exactly the right way got his chance and doing everything he can to keep his place.

The complete opposite to what Ox and Keita have shown so far this season - both of which should be embarrassed they are so far down the selection options for starting places in midfield.

Hopefully Klopp plays Jones against City on Sunday.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I agree. So how does that make the player think he's worth £300k+ a week wedge when he decides he's up for returning to England and the PL?

Would people think higher of Curtis if he'd fucked off to Dortie for a couple of seasons like Sancho and Bellingham then signed for us on £300k a week?

They absolutely would. And that says a lot about the modern game.

• Upvote 2

He arrived last night. We all know he has the tools, but he's never bossed a game like that before. That was a real commanding performance. Alexander-Arnold had a similar game away at Hoffenheim when it all came together. 

I'm aware what I'm going to say next can be construed as hyperbolic, and I'm not claiming he's as good as him, but he does remind me of Neymar in the way he moves - with and without the ball.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, stringvest said:

he's had a kick up the arse at the beginning of the season, I think.  An on-form Fabinho, Thiago, Elliot/Jones is as good a midfield as anywhere I think.  Henderson, Milner, Ox and Keita as back up mean we are not short of depth.

Yep.

If Elliot hadn't gone down one of Ox/Keita would not even be making the bench. THE BENCH!!

• Upvote 1