You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UK 2020: What’s Not Shit?

YorkshireRed

3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I’m not on Facebook, could you call Stevie Bennett a “CUNT” from me, please?

I shouldn’t be, it offers me nothing positive. There’s little point engaging with anyone on FB, you should see the state of some of the breakfasts I see posted, however, he does need telling. 

5 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

I shouldn’t be, it offers me nothing positive. There’s little point engaging with anyone on FB, you should see the state of some of the breakfasts I see posted, however, he does need telling. 

I bet the scruffy twat has Rustlers microwavable burgers for breakfast.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

I go there a lot with work. There is a strange cultural phenomena whereby nobody shuts their front room curtains or blinds in the evenings so you walk around seeing people eating their dinner and watching tv etc. I have asked my Dutch friends about this and they say to close your curtains is a sign you are doing something shifty.   

Yes, they can be very strange. Never go to a Dutch person's birthday party at their home. 

4 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

No not all. It’s very easy to become a councillor, join a party, start your own party, hold a rally, write a petition to get an issue debated, submit freedom of information requests even see your MP in person at their weekly surgery including the pm himself every Friday afternoon . Very few world leaders take weekly questions on live Tv.

These mechanisms dont exist everywhere else believe me. The fact is people are too fucking lazy to get involved but the mechanisms for scrutiny and challenge  are there.

Look at the Gina Miller success in challenging the Government over Brexit. One individual using the courts to challenge and change the entire parliamentary process. She wouldn’t have been successful in many other countries. 

Enormous wealth contributed greatly in this particular instance

4 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

In Denmark the Government maintains a central list of what you can call your own kid. Any other names not on the list are illegal.
Freedom is relative and to my mind, this is a very free country. 

To some extent this should be implemented globally. Too many utter utter fools on all levels of society who see naming their child as a desperate form of identity,trend,  or they are just whacked off their face    

2 hours ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

You cant leave us hanging like that ! Why not ??

It's just not very exciting. Everyone sits in a circle of chairs facing each other. You meet everyone when you arrive and then congratulate all of them because they are related to the birthdayee. You then sit there politely with a small piece of cake and a coffee while everybody goes "Ah, gezellig!" repeatedly. For ages. The Dutch will tell you that "gezellig" does not translate into any language but this is because most of them don't know the word convivial. I am actually convinced that gezellig is the description of Dutch people pretending to enjoy themselves in a traditional manner. 

You could be Zebadias (pronounced zebedee-osh) in Hungary

list of approved names for boys, browsing it is interesting and shows that approved name lists are not as restrictive as people think. In Hungary it serves two purposes. Firstly to preserve Hungarian spelling (Jessica is Dzsesszika) and secondly to prevent anything that might be considered abusive to the child.

http://www.nytud.hu/oszt/nyelvmuvelo/utonevek/osszesffi.pdf