You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

I’d blame both West Ham goals on Coady.  Cluelessly goes charging after Antonio on the first one instead of passing him on and creates the massive hole for Lingard to run into.  Then the second one he starts walking leaving Semedo exposed instead of closing the gap.  The only thing lingard could do was flick it past Semedo and Coady leaves an acre for him to do it.  He realises his mistake and then compounds it going by charging over to the ball and leaving another huge gap that Saiss can’t react to.

Pedro Neto looks like a player with loads of potential. Just turned 21, and already a very good player.

With the right coaching and better players around him it would be interesting to see what he could do.

And I started writing that before he got his assist now. Which no one will believe anyway, so let’s just say it was a knee jerk post, and he’s shit.

2 hours ago, Tj hooker said:

Is that the lesser spotted Gbamin in a blue shirt ? 

Not many players can make Big Joel look like a Terminator.

Putting my dislike of everything Everton to one side it can't be much fun being out for over 500 days , so limited good luck for him in the future.

2 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

The Premier League’s UEFA coefficient is going to take a hit next season with Leicester and West Ham in the CL and us treating the Europa like it has rabies.

I’d rather we missed out on the Europa if that was the case. With ‘normality of football’ still a way off, another tight hectic season of fixtures will mean more problems for those with Euro football.

In fact we could argue that West Ham are top four precisely because they haven’t had Euro football this season. Maybe we just focus on domestic competition if we fail in getting that 4th spot.

11 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

I’d rather we missed out on the Europa if that was the case. With ‘normality of football’ still a way off, another tight hectic season of fixtures will mean more problems for those with Euro football.

In fact we could argue that West Ham are top four precisely because they haven’t had Euro football this season. Maybe we just focus on domestic competition if we fail in getting that 4th spot.

Yeah, no doubt. The UEFA Cup / Europa has been diminished more by every CL expansion and making it a gateway to the big competition was the final nail in the coffin of its prestige far as I’m concerned; it’s just an Intertoto Cup with an older trophy now. Should we miss out on the CL, unless there’s a tacit acceptance from Klopp that we’re not going to be anywhere near the title next season, I’d write it off before a ball is kicked.

I’m not dismissing it as a gateway for clubs that have been away from the top table for an extended period of time - our win in 2001 and reaching the final in 2016 were valuable springboards - but if we give it parity with the Premier League three seasons after winning the CL and a couple after winning the league, I don’t think it portends well for the near future.

8 minutes ago, an tha said:

The shittest thing about the uefa cup now is how it rewards failure in the european cup.

Finish 3rd in a 4 team group and get an easy route to qualify for next years comp.

Its a fucking joke.

Yes, that too. The whole competition is like a Möbius strip of self-degredation.

11 minutes ago, alles ist gut said:

A ‘midfielder’, and ‘being English’, respectively.

Haha, I noticed both Carragher and Neville had him in their Euro squads. 

I have now later found out that he is playing for Leeds.