You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

34 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

This might well end up being the biggest win of the weekend. I was expecting 4 or 5-0, but that seems a bit optimistic now. Desperately need them to start dropping points.

25 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Repped for admitting you don't own a dictionary

Drafting my retraction. Stand by.

24 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Given the decisions they get and the ones that have gone against us this season, I’d say someone has a vested interest in them challenging for the title. I’m expecting the officiating shit-show to end all shit-shows at Anfield next month.

We'll smoke them 15 nil. 

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Still cant believe that Bielsa can't speak a word of English  I don't know of any other manager who has been here 2 years that needed an interpreter.

Virtually every other foreign manager in English football has always made an attempt to speak the language.

Yeah even if it comes out "good ebening" at least its something. 

12 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

United's defence just looks so poor. They are excellent going forward to be fair.

They remind me a little of us in the 2013/2014 season. Would be worried if they start getting a head of steam which it kind of feels like they are.

There’s no question that they’re genuine title challengers at this point in time, made even more dangerous by an improbably “fortunate” run of decisions falling in their favour.

With that said, they also have a soft centre like plenty of other failed / fleeting challengers - 13/14 Liverpool, Spurs 18/19 & Leicester 19/20. That’s not going to help them, but I think it’s foolhardy to write them off while they’re only one defeat for us from having the title in their own hands.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

There’s no question that they’re genuine title challengers at this point in time, made even more dangerous by an improbably “fortunate” run of decisions falling in their favour.

With that said, they also have a soft centre like plenty of other failed challengers - 13/14 Liverpool, Spurs 18/19 & Leicester 19/20. That’s not going to help them, but I think it’s foolhardy to write them off while they’re only one defeat for us from having the title in their own hands.

He's not in Suarez's class, but Fernandes is a great player and perfect for their pacey players. If he was out of their team even for a few weeks, they would fall away. 

9 minutes ago, Chocoholic said:

It's inconceivable that Bielsa hasn't learned the language even at some basic level. Speaking via the interpreter is probably an attempt to retain some of the air of mystique and cult around him. 

I'm sure he can speak it at a rudimentary level, but would rather speak in his own language so he can express himself better. I don't know why there would be a problem with that.