Quantcast
Keir Starmer - Page 192 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
rb14

Keir Starmer

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Brownie said:

 

In one way, it's good that he's reaching out to an audience he needs to win over. In another, why the fuck would the Telegraph provide this platform if he was going to say (or do) anything even remotely frightening to traditional Tories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

For all the talk about Starmer providing forensic analysis and 'proper opposition' its completely irrelevant if the speaker allows Johnson to get away with it time and time again and the media don't bother to report it properly. 

Yeo he had Johnson up the wall today. The media haven't said shit 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Hoyle has to be one of the worst speakers I've seen. When someone is needed to bring the government to account he's done fuck all. As much substance as a wet tissue.

Today was terrible, worse than normal, he let Johnson ignore the question about DfE food list and go off about EU and pharmaceutical companies. He finally stopped Johnson telling he is not allowed to go on about anything he wants (despite just having let him) and he must answer the question he was asked, then moved on without him having to answer the question he was asked. 

 

Absolute joke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Good move re the Telegraph. Need their readership of excruciating fucking wankers to start vote Labour. 

Cold days in hell spring to mind

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Cold days in hell spring to mind

Doesn't need many of them. Their readership probably is to the left of the Tory Party, and they might think a Starmer led Labour Party will represent them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jairzinho said:

Doesn't need many of them. Their readership probably is to the left of the Tory Party, and they might think a Starmer led Labour Party might represent them. 

He will probably lose more with Labour people seeing this as confirming he has very little different to offer than the Tories than he will gain from Tory wets. It must have got past the focus groups though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Cold days in hell spring to mind

There’s quite a few people in the middle who are floating voters. At some point Labour are going to have to start winning votes rather than just not being interested in the votes of those they already have. Well, if they’re serious about winning power and improving lives, rather than pretending they’d be better but whilst doing and changing nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

He will probably lose more with Labour people seeing this as confirming he has very little different to offer than the Tories than he will gain from Tory wets. It must have got past the focus groups though.

Then fuck them. I can’t say this with enough emphasis, but anybody who would sooner enable to Tories because the Labour leader is writing an article in a paper they don’t like is a bad person. In fact, I hate them more than the Tories. They’re not only enabling the shithouses but they’re thick as pig shit. Fuck each and every single one of the daft, selfish, holier-than-you, selfish, stupid twats. If writing in a paper is enough to lose a vote, they were never voting Starmer anyway. So... see ya. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sir roger said:

He will probably lose more with Labour people seeing this as confirming he has very little different to offer than the Tories than he will gain from Tory wets. It must have got past the focus groups though.

As long as they're lost in the right constituencies they won't care. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Numero said:

Then fuck them. I can’t say this with enough emphasis, but anybody who would sooner enable to Tories because the Labour leader is writing an article in a paper they don’t like is a bad person. In fact, I hate them more than the Tories. They’re not only enabling the shithouses but they’re thick as pig shit. Fuck each and every single one of the daft, selfish, holier-than-you, selfish, stupid twats. If writing in a paper is enough to lose a vote, they were never voting Starmer anyway. So... see ya. 

I already regret this post, but fuck me, I’m so frustrated with these Tory cunts. Every time I turn on the TV they’re ruining somebody else’s life. I just find it so hard to hear people talk about those not voting for the only opposition that can take power from them because he wrote an article in the ‘wrong’ paper. Yeah, let the kids starve under the Tories because Starmer wrote something for a paper that’s seen as too Tory. It makes no fucking sense. If that’s the aforementioned line in the sand, then nuke the fucking beach from orbit. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Numero said:

Then fuck them. I can’t say this with enough emphasis, but anybody who would sooner enable to Tories because the Labour leader is writing an article in a paper they don’t like is a bad person. In fact, I hate them more than the Tories. They’re not only enabling the shithouses but they’re thick as pig shit. Fuck each and every single one of the daft, selfish, holier-than-you, selfish, stupid twats. If writing in a paper is enough to lose a vote, they were never voting Starmer anyway. So... see ya. 

It's not just the paper though is it , its drip drip, drip practically every other day.

Realistically what is he bringing positively to the party ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It's not just the paper though is it , its drip drip, drip practically every other day.

Realistically what is he bringing positively to the party ?

Well, I’m not here to argue a case for one guy, he just happens to be in charge of the only group that can actually win power. He has made inroads into making Labour more electable in his first six or so months in charge having gone up 20 odd points, so that’s a good thing (again, that’s if you actually want the Tories out). Is there anybody else that could make them more electable? Maybe, but he is the one Labour members chose. His job now is to make them credible and electable in a representative democracy. These are just base factors for anybody looking to win an election against the Tories. He and his team need to go about creating a policy platform and then uniting the party around it. If he can’t do that, get rid of the fucker and replace him with somebody who can win an election. At the moment, he looks like just about the only credible leader in the Labour Party who is senior enough to take the role. He has experience in leading a serious outfit, he has achieved spectacular success in his professional field, and seems intelligent to me. I’m not sure there’s anybody better in the Labour Party at the moment in terms of electability. Do you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Numero said:

At the moment, he looks like just about the only credible leader in the Labour Party who is senior enough to take the role. He has experience in leading a serious outfit, he has achieved spectacular success in his professional field, and seems intelligent to me. 

You have more or less enunciated why I voted for the guy in the leadership election and thought he would grow into the role , but honestly I am not seeing it in practice. Professional is good, but dull with no obvious sign of a personality is not , and for one of the top lawyers in the country he seems very nervous and a bit chippy in interviews and not very quick on his feet in Parliament.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sir roger said:

You have more or less enunciated why I voted for the guy in the leadership election and thought he would grow into the role , but honestly I am not seeing it in practice. Professional is good, but dull with no obvious sign of a personality is not , and for one of the top lawyers in the country he seems very nervous and a bit chippy in interviews and not very quick on his feet in Parliament.

 

He doesn’t really come across that way to me, tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair it doesn't help when Kuenssberg goes into Party Political Broadcast mode for the Tories on today's Select Committee , and the next piece is announced as Boris Johnson has cracked down on the poor food parcels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Numero said:

He doesn’t really come across that way to me, tbh. 

I suppose what we think will not really matter , the proof of the pudding will be in the eating at the next election and as I said I will be voting Labour 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, sir roger said:

I suppose what we think will not really matter , the proof of the pudding will be in the eating at the next election and as I said I will be voting Labour 

True, I also expect his tactics to change closer to the election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Numero said:

True, I also expect his tactics to change closer to the election. 

There was a piece in the Guardian earlier this week from that awful Polly woman suggesting that Johnson is eyeing 2022 for an election as 2024 is slated for the absolute economic nadir of the covid / brexit hits and 2022 would give him time to get the proposed electoral changes through giving him a possible net 10 mp boost,  and to work a tweak to the 5 year cycle act.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

There was a piece in the Guardian earlier this week from that awful Polly woman suggesting that Johnson is eyeing 2022 for an election as 2024 is slated for the absolute economic nadir of the covid / brexit hits and 2022 would give him time to get the proposed electoral changes through giving him a possible net 10 mp boost,  and to work a tweak to the 5 year cycle act.

The joy of it all! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, sir roger said:

There was a piece in the Guardian earlier this week from that awful Polly woman suggesting that Johnson is eyeing 2022 for an election as 2024 is slated for the absolute economic nadir of the covid / brexit hits and 2022 would give him time to get the proposed electoral changes through giving him a possible net 10 mp boost,  and to work a tweak to the 5 year cycle act.

Can't see that at all although it'd be a brilliant opportunity for Labour.

The Covid disaster still fresh in everybody's memory and Brexit grinding everything good into dust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/01/2021 at 23:17, sir roger said:

There was a piece in the Guardian earlier this week from that awful Polly woman suggesting that Johnson is eyeing 2022 for an election as 2024 is slated for the absolute economic nadir of the covid / brexit hits and 2022 would give him time to get the proposed electoral changes through giving him a possible net 10 mp boost,  and to work a tweak to the 5 year cycle act.

 

I can't see that at all?

 

Calling yet another election 2.5 years after the last one when you have a huge majority would just look opportunistic. 

 

The way things are going, I can see Johnson being forced out before the next election. It clearly grates a number of people in the tory party seeing that useless cunt in charge, and a long tenure with him in charge will potentially do them a lot of damage.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×