You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

4 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

@chrisbonnie

Almost sure that a runny nose has nothing to do with Covid and that was one of the signs that you did not have it.

Think it is probably in one of the articles in this thread.

Not necessarily, there was an outbreak in a restaurant donegal, in the north west of Ireland and supposedly the most common symptom the staff had was runny noses, just like a cold. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Not necessarily, there was an outbreak in a restaurant donegal, in the north west of Ireland and supposedly the most common symptom the staff had was runny noses, just like a cold. 

Yea, just have to trust/go with whatever is being said now - lots of learning during these last few months on the virus.

What are people doing for Xmas? I know in the UK you can mix with another household/bubble, but a bunch of scientists have said that you still probably shouldn't. My mum lives alone and would like me to visit but I just don't know if it's worth it given her age and the fact it could increase overall spread etc.

3 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

What are people doing for Xmas? I know in the UK you can mix with another household/bubble, but a bunch of scientists have said that you still probably shouldn't. My mum lives alone and would like me to visit but I just don't know if it's worth it given her age and the fact it could increase overall spread etc.

Would you it be worth getting a test a few days before you visit, that way you'd be at ease visiting your mam? 

That's my only main worry about this fucking thing, getting a dose and passing it onto my mother.

She's not terribly old, 64, but she's smoked all her life and could do with losing a few pounds. And if there's one thing we do know about covid 19, it's that its tough on chubby smokers. 

My ma lives in Angelsey and as much as I'd love to see her I won't be.

She's 82 and her husband has had Cancer 4 times and is on loads of meds/

With the vaccine, hopefully, coming soon I can't justify the risk now as opposed to a few months when they both should be sorted

• Upvote 2

Just now, chrisbonnie said:

Would you it be worth getting a test a few days before you visit, that way you'd be at ease visiting your mam? 

That's my only main worry about this fucking thing, getting a dose and passing it onto my mother.

She's not terribly old, 64, but she's smoked all her life and could do with losing a few pounds. And if there's one thing we do know about covid 19, it's that its tough on chubby smokers. 

Yeah thought about that but when I had a quick Google earlier I couldn't seem to find a test that wasn't either ridiculously expensive or on a site that was a little suspect.

4 minutes ago, mattyq said:

My ma lives in Angelsey and as much as I'd love to see her I won't be.

She's 82 and her husband has had Cancer 4 times and is on loads of meds/

With the vaccine, hopefully, coming soon I can't justify the risk now as opposed to a few months when they both should be sorted

Yeah that's kinda how I feel about it.

Thanks everyone.

Thankfully she's home now. She's dropped 2 heartbeats a minute apparently. Her body's way of fighting the virus.

We both feel shite. Only I could get a potentially deadly virus and STILL end up being the one who does all the looking after. I was looking forward to a few days in bed. But no!!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Duff Man said:

Yeah thought about that but when I had a quick Google earlier I couldn't seem to find a test that wasn't either ridiculously expensive or on a site that was a little suspect.

Just do the government one, I’ve done it a couple of times. 

Despite their best efforts you can get done quickly and results are back in a day, two at most.

Im doing another next week before I go away.

1 minute ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Just do the government one, I’ve done it a couple of times. 

Despite their best efforts you can get done quickly and results are back in a day, two at most.

Im doing another next week before I go away.

Thought you had to have symptoms?

11 minutes ago, Special K said:

Thanks everyone.

Thankfully she's home now. She's dropped 2 heartbeats a minute apparently. Her body's way of fighting the virus.

We both feel shite. Only I could get a potentially deadly virus and STILL end up being the one who does all the looking after. I was looking forward to a few days in bed. But no!!!!

Selfish fucker. 

Nah kidding mate, glad she's home, get well soon both. 

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Thanks everyone.

any idea where you caught it?

Hopefully you'se both feel better soon.