Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

1 hour ago, MegadriveMan said:

According to social media we are the LFC Dusters now on the basis it looks like a dust cloth. 

You mean those yellow cloths that clean up absolutely everything???  A quadruple it is!  Cheers gents! 

• Upvote 1

I wore my yellow DHgate one for the first time yesterday. 

I’m still fat. It’s gonna have to remain as lounge wear. Unless I get to a game when it’s cold and I can wear it over a hoody or something like that. 

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

We wore a 'gold' shirt according to the footie programme for an FA Cup tie at Anfield against Accrington Stanley in January 1956.

I guess gold can be described as yellow!

liverpool_1956-acc-stanley.gif

1955-6-tls-19560107.jpg

1 hour ago, col06 said:

liverpool_1956-acc-stanley.gif

1955-6-tls-19560107.jpg

For those watching in black and white, Liverpool are in the yellow shirts. Courtesy Barry Davies circa 1975. Or was it John Motson?!

Does it even have shorts and socks? All the promo is exclusively for the shirt.

And I assume that Ali has to wear whatever kit is in the lost property, like Billy Casper.

5 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Does it even have shorts and socks? All the promo is exclusively for the shirt.

And I assume that Ali has to wear whatever kit is in the lost property, like Billy Casper.

The goalkeeper kit is black/grey.  https://store.liverpoolfc.com/kit?lfm_medium=site-link&lfm_source=liverpoolfc.com&lfm_content=news-story&lfm_campaign=ret-third-kit-launch-2122

• Upvote 1

New Balance did a similar checked collar with some polos a few years ago, they were better than anything Nike have produced.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I don't know why most of the promo pics have those shitty yellow vests. It would look much better without them.

It was probably cold in the warehouse they used for the shoot?

59 minutes ago, an tha said:

Fucking hell the early to mid 90's are back!

i think most of these kits are worse than that. the kits the last 2 or 3 years have been absolutely fucking shit, i rarely see one decent one. 

I don't mind that Barca shirt. But then, I've got fond memories of lurid '90s kits: Norwich '92, Tim Flowers' technicolour goalie top, etc. At least it looks designed, whereas our kits these days seem like blank clip art.

That Warrior dickhead has to be involved with Nike now, judging by a lot of their designs. Spurs' away kits are dreadful, and have you seen Barcelona's CL kit? Fucking awful.

For us, the home kit just doesn't look right. The away is tidy and the third is pretty good if a little overdone with the checkered collar. The time to sign with Nike was 1996 when we went with Reebok instead.

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I don't mind that Barca shirt. But then, I've got fond memories of lurid '90s kits: Norwich '92, Tim Flowers' technicolour goalie top, etc. At least it looks designed, whereas our kits these days seem like blank clip art.

I think it’s quite nice myself.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think my one year grandaughter has been given a job on the Nike kit designing team.

Out of rep, so have a photograph of Sainsbury’s, somewhere in Huddersfield, circa 1982.

E8A8A303-5105-4D14-81C2-B6FB873B8203.jpeg

• Upvote 2