You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd (A) Sun 24/2/19

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, No2 said:

Ashley Young took a full 2 minutes over every free kick, DeGea just as long on the goalkicks. Michael Oliver adds on 2 minutes injury time. Fuming at the time until I realised our lads were happy to fanny about with for the last 60 seconds with no urgency at all.

Pretend to take a short goal kick, wave everyone upfield and take it long instead.  Wankers.

I was pretty happy with the result because we were awful as an attacking force and having to go from Firmino to Sturridge just fucked us up early on. Even United had a better attacking back up than we did. We are very good defensively and in midfield but our attacking back up is a massive letdown. City swapped De Bruyne for Sane FFS,its a miracle we are even close to them.

42 minutes ago, No2 said:

Ashley Young took a full 2 minutes over every free kick, DeGea just as long on the goalkicks. Michael Oliver adds on 2 minutes injury time. Fuming at the time until I realised our lads were happy to fanny about with for the last 60 seconds with no urgency at all.

I reckon if Oliver had added on an extra three and a half weeks we might have had a shot on target from within 35 yards.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I was pretty happy with the result because we were awful as an attacking force and having to go from Firmino to Sturridge just fucked us up early on. Even United had a better attacking back up than we did. We are very good defensively and in midfield but our attacking back up is a massive letdown. City swapped De Bruyne for Sane FFS,its a miracle we are even close to them.

The question is what are we going to do about it though.

We all know Sturridge and Origi are nowhere near what we need and both should go in summer - but who are we going to get?

If we could get proper, quality forward back up wouldn't we have done it by now - Klopp has had a long time to do it and hasn't.

It isn't even so much that Origi and Sturridge are shite (ok they are and Solanke was too) but it is also they are totally incompatible with the way we like to play...i.e. not at all like the players they are covering.

Origi wasn't even in plans until suddenly it dawned on Klopp that Solanke was never going to make it, now here he is arguably our number 1 back up forward - an absolute clusterfuck.

We seem unable or unwilling to change how we play to accomodate whatever strengths (not that there are many) they bring as subs - so they come on and look totally lost and we become totally ineffective as an attacking threat....especially if the attacking players already on are not at it.

If Firmino is out for a few games now god knows what kind of state we'll be in, but for me we have to find a way of lining up that does not involve trying to shoehorn Origi, Sturridge or fucking Lallana into a front 3....it still pisses me off greatly that when Salah went off in the European Cup Final that we brought Adam fucking Lallana on!

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, an tha said:

The question is what are we going to do about it though.

We all know Sturridge and Origi are nowhere near what we need and both should go in summer - but who are we going to get?

If we could get proper, quality forward back up wouldn't we have done it by now - Klopp has had a long time to do it and hasn't.

It isn't even so much that Origi and Sturridge are shite (ok they are and Solanke was too) but it is also they are totally incompatible with the way we like to play...i.e. not at all like the players they are covering.

Origi wasn't even in plans until suddenly it dawned on Klopp that Solanke was never going to make it, now here he is arguably our number 1 back up forward - an absolute clusterfuck.

We seem unable or unwilling to change how we play to accomodate whatever strengths (not that there are many) they bring as subs - so they come on and look totally lost and we become totally ineffective as an attacking threat....especially if the attacking players already on are not at it.

If Firmino is out for a few games now god knows what kind of state we'll be in, but for me we have to find a way of lining up that does not involve trying to shoehorn Origi, Sturridge or fucking Lallana into a front 3....it still pisses me off greatly that when Salah went off in the European Cup Final that we brought Adam fucking Lallana on!

I was hoping Lallana was getting his testimonial game in Kiev but here we are nine months on and he's still part of the squad. God its frustrating when we all saw this happening in August.

1 minute ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I was hoping Lallana was getting his testimonial game in Kiev but here we are nine months on and he's still part of the squad. God its frustrating when we all saw this happening in August.

Aye.

Yet somehow we are top of the league.

It is the nagging doubt that our total lack of attacking cover will do for us though and the feeling that it did not have to that is just there.

I just don't understand Klopp's thinking....Sturridge situation is bad enough, but Origi one is just weird - cast aside for Solanke - Solanke flops and then he is sold and suddenly Origi is deemed an acceptable option...i realise that maybe Klopp thought Solanke could make it but it just seems bad planning to me.

• Upvote 1

If we keep stumbling into situations where we don't offer enough threat, it puts way too much pressure on the team to get a result. I didn't see the match, but everything I've heard and read suggests that we offered no incision, and a number of players were way off pace.

To me, it seems like these regular jaunts for warm weather training are dulling our competitive edge, while at the same time the long gaps between gaps are leaving players too much thinking time. Here's hoping the return of the midweek and weekend fixture schedule brings with it the spark we need to raise our levels by at least another gear.

Revenge Negging Cunt has the posting style of Tony Moanero when he first joined (although Tony never revenge negs). Just need him to kick himself in the bollocks and complain about farts and he will be alright. 

Does anyone know who the cunt is yet? LFD revenge? 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Midfield was just as bad in my opinion.

Hendo, Fabinho and Gini, they offered fuck all going forward.

Matip offered more going forward with his run than those 3 put together.

That said, Mane has been carrying us for a few weeks now. Bobby and Mo have been wank.

Even the ever reliable Robbo has gone to shit as well.

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Revenge Negging Cunt has the posting style of Tony Moanero when he first joined (although Tony never revenge negs). Just need him to kick himself in the bollocks and complain about farts and he will be alright. 

Mark Coulter 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ha ha. I wasn’t aware that my posting style had changed, though I was almost always pissed in those days.

13 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Midfield was just as bad in my opinion.

Hendo, Fabinho and Gini, they offered fuck all going forward.

Matip offered more going forward with his run than those 3 put together.

That said, Mane has been carrying us for a few weeks now. Bobby and Mo have been wank.

Even the ever reliable Robbo has gone to shit as well.

Fabinho stopped us losing today. Him, Van Dijk and Allison were men. 

Mane has been want the last 2 games. So have Bobby and Salah to be fair but your post is just littered with turd. The midfield were solid and compact. We just lacked a link between midfield and attack. Utd have been steamrollering through the middle against teams lately. They offered fuck all against ours. Glorious Pogbas best move was shouting at Sanchez for not running. 

Robbo broke his shoulder, lost half a leg and got shot in the stomach in the tunnel yet still came out for the second half. 

Just now, Tony Moanero said:

Ha ha. I wasn’t aware that my posting style had changed, though I was almost always pissed in those days.

You just turned sound Tony. I was one of your first fans. 

Cant stand you now though you fucking glory seeking cunt. 

• Upvote 1

Mane quiet by his standards, and the only striker of late with any testicular fortitude. Mo on the edges of things, Bobby has been out of form, although he had a much better game against Bayern. Perhaps Shaqiri not fit for a 60 min run out, especially with Watford in mind on Wednesday night, but I would have gone with Origi over Studge for that early sub. But we need upgrading there in the summer, and if that is Werner with Brewster and Wilson too in the squad, thats got something about it.

1 minute ago, KMD7 said:

Did anyone pick up on what Klopp said to Goblin features at the end of the game there? It's going around on Faceaids that he said 'Fucking Hell what a shit game'. He wouldn't be wrong like

"Zeig Heil what a shit performance as gollum"