You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke Home - Sat 28/4

aRdja

Not an "absolute must win".

If it were, you'd start your strongest 11 and to Hell with the rest of the season.

I would start with my strongest 11 that doesn't mean to hell with the rest of the season for me either otherwise you'd always be too scared to play your best players thinking about tomorrow rather than today. If the squad was more balanced in quality it wouldn't be an issue. We need these 3 points.

• Upvote 1

I reckon Kevin D was pissed when he wrote that.

Not necessarily.

I posted this back in August, so I am now dripping from head to toe in credibility:

Next May, on the 26th, in Kiev.

Let that cunt C.Ronaldo know that the Lannisters are not the only ones who pay their debts.

I think that Al Qaeda were responsible for 9/11, and specifically Osama Bin Laden + Khalid sheikh Mohammed .

However, given the fact I called the Champions league final 10 months before it happened, I reckon that if I was to claim 9/11 was Martin Luther King's action - you should listen.

If we fail to qualify for the Champions League, because we were trying to win the champions league, I think we have to give it up to the football God's.

I mean that is proper irony, on a level that you have to applaud.

We'll make more money next year from dropping out now and ensuring qualification than if we won the trophy and finished outside the top 4.

It's like you don't even want to win the net spend cup, Liverpool fans these days *shakes head*

• Upvote 1

We'll make more money next year from dropping out now and ensuring qualification than if we won the trophy and finished outside the top 4.

It's like you don't even want to win the net spend cup, Liverpool fans these days *shakes head*

If we lose to Real in the final and finish outside the top 4 we should be given a Spanish team's place instead. That'll teach them. Franco loving barstewards.

Need to go strong and win it. Like we've done for much of the season before big games because we've had no squad to speak of.

The Brighton game won't matter if we lost this and to Chelsea. The latter could easily happen against our full strength side.

Just get it done.

If we win today that's it for qualifying as Chelsea won't give a shit against Swansea

So then assuming we get through against Roma you can rest players for the last two games.

So I say go full strength today

A win today takes us to 74 pts.

Chelsea could still get to 75 by winning all their 4 games starting with Swansea - so i can't see them throwing the towel in just because we win today when we would still need a point from our last two if they keep winning and one of those 2 games we have left is against them so they can obviously affect that...

Shows how frustrating the silly loss of two points last week is - as a win here today had we not fucked up last week would have sealed it and then we could look at last two games as chances to rest players/protect squad if we make European Cup Final.

It'll be interesting to see how Terence Trent D'Arby plays in midfield, as we may need to play him there in the week.

Please rest Salah. Every time he stops sprinting he has a really abrupt way of stopping and I always think "Oh shit, he's done his hammy." So even if he doesn't need a rest, give him a break to save me from myself.

We made less money by winning it in 05 than we would have finishing runners up.