You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sandwiches

Dave D

Nowt wrong with a pie butty, mert.

I’ll eat bread with anything. Had three rounds last night with some Thai green curry and rice.

Yeah, I've been known to put most savoury foods between two slices of bread. Used to work with a fella from Wigan, who referred to pie butties as "Wigan burgers". Carbohydrates are boss and you can't beat a carb overload.

Used to be a thread on here for people’s go to quick snack/comfort foods when they couldn’t be arsed to cook a proper meal but needed feeding.

Anyone remember what it was called, can’t find it?

I vaguely remember it, lots of mention of KOKA noodles

Seeing as people are giving out food tips (this is not sandwich related). If you ever order dominoes and like pepperoni pizzas, don't order the pepperoni. Instead order the veggie supreme and replace sweetcorn for pepperoni (no extra cost) and wallah, you have a deluxe pepperoni pizza. 

Sorry Stig but I can't let that go. Voila!

• Upvote 1

I have never had a Subway and while the GF has introduced me to many things over the years nothing I have read so far has even raised my interest.

Greggs in a submarine roll?

No,not Greggs at all. The idea is sound as it can be pretty healthy,its just that sometimes the salad isnt up to scratch but tomatoes,cucumber,onions,white meat is a much better alternative than the clown brand.

If it’s the thread I’m thinking of Paulie started it and it was named something like what’s your working class/meff tea.

I think it was the comfort food tea and I commented that my favourite meff tea was a potato rosti with a fried egg

Paulie started a kind of "working class"/favourite filling sandwich thread too, I recall.

Honest I'm getting panned on this forum the last couple of days.  I'm a sandwich elitist, child beating, woman suppressing monster.

• Upvote 1

I have, for my lunch in work today, two slices of granary bread, some cheddar cheese, a chicken leg and the bombetta relish.  I also have a toastie-bag thing.  I think you can all see where this is going. 

Sounds promising.

Ive gone continental (or mental)-

Granary bread sandwich containing- Gouda cheese, Chorizo and Milano Salami slices. Topped with mayo and spinach leaves.

Not my normal fayre I grant you......  

• Upvote 1