Quantcast
VAR Thoughts? - Page 51 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Lee909

VAR Thoughts?

Recommended Posts

I gave up listening to pundits after Fabinho’s goal against City. I nearly had an aneurysm screaming at the fuckers to acknowledge Bernardo Silva’s handball first! Thought I was going insane (so did the Missus) it’s just not worth the hassle, the cunts have an agenda for viewing figures, clicks whatever it is and they stick to it no matter what the rules or your eyes tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He hits TAA's head then as he falls to the ground he catches TAA's leg. But it's nothing. 

yes, it was definitely nothing. 

TAA had no idea what was going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another one I've just seen on motd, the most blatant of handballs in the WBA game. It's just astonishing that VAR don't pick that up and as a consequence WBA walk away with a point they shouldn't have - which while unlikely, could be the point that keeps them up. Yet another game where the deciding factor is VAR failure. 

 

Then Bamford has one ruled out for offside in the Leeds / wolves game, which looked no more offside than the richarlison goal yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Everton's first goal yesterday was well onside,no doubt. The 'penalty' decision much less so.

Based on what though? Barry makes the point that we never saw the lines or the freeze frame.

 

Why?

 

To the naked eye, almost every decision can be seen as on or offside.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, m0e said:

Based on what though? Barry makes the point that we never saw the lines or the freeze frame.

 

Why?

 

To the naked eye, almost every decision can be seen as on or offside.

I saw the replay on the live feed and straight away saw it was comfortably onside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I saw the replay on the live feed and straight away saw it was comfortably onside.

With a freeze frame? Because the freeze frame from motd made it look dead level. This is just me freezing on my TV now. The ball at this point has not left Rodriguez's foot. And richarlison is leaning forward and we know the shirt sleeve can be offside. And this wasn't even checked? This honestly looks no more onside than mane was in the last derby. 

 

 

IMG_20210221_172651.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Onside.

 

All this drawing lines stuff is a massive intrusion on the game. Don't wanna see things like that given off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There have been some truly awful decisions given against many other clubs this season. Were those clubs the victim of 'regionalist' corruption too? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks onside but who knows these days? Maybe the outside of his shirt sleeve is forward of Kabak's toe. BW's point is where was the detailed analysis? We've had at least two decisions go against us which looked similar so where was the attention to microscopic detail which was ever so important when we were in a position to lose out? 

Personally I think the attacker should get the benefit unless there's a clear gap but we are entitled to consistency. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

Onside all day that unfortunately.

As I said, this is before the ball has left his foot, I couldn't quite get the one after on this new shit virgin box I've got. 

9 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Onside.

 

All this drawing lines stuff is a massive intrusion on the game. Don't wanna see things like that given off.

That's not the point. I think most of us on this thread have said that throughout this thread in context to what should and shouldn't be part of VAR. But it is used and if it is, it needs to be used evenly and fairly and just as importantly, be seen to be used evenly and fairly. All they did yesterday by not reviewing this and actually spending more time checking the one where they were about 20 yards off, makes you think VAR is being used to create the outcome the ref wants. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

With a freeze frame? Because the freeze frame from motd made it look dead level. This is just me freezing on my TV now. The ball at this point has not left Rodriguez's foot. And richarlison is leaning forward and we know the shirt sleeve can be offside. And this wasn't even checked? This honestly looks no more onside than mane was in the last derby. 

 

 

IMG_20210221_172651.jpg

That’s clear onside. Poor by Kabak that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

With a freeze frame? Because the freeze frame from motd made it look dead level. This is just me freezing on my TV now. The ball at this point has not left Rodriguez's foot. And richarlison is leaning forward and we know the shirt sleeve can be offside. And this wasn't even checked? This honestly looks no more onside than mane was in the last derby. 

 

 

IMG_20210221_172651.jpg

That’s precisely what I said to the missus yesterday. It was onside as far as I’m concerned but not even given a consideration when 5 minutes of poring and line drawing rules out our winner at their place, and that was also onside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Consistency and common sense. Fuck me, is it too much to ask for? One of these is offside, we know this because it was examined for 10 minutes. The other one wasn’t. We know this because the linesman saw it in real time and didn’t put his flag up.

 

This haphazard “fuck it, we don’t like being shown to be wrong” attitude towards the rules and VAR cost us 2 goals and at least 2 points. It’s probably also the reason why none of the cunts go to the WC or anything: because instead of being forced to improve they’re just closing ranks and self-justifying.

6590A54F-1242-4371-BDBE-82CDB58B55D5.jpeg

63CB54B4-3405-43B4-8F88-D4C0BBD06981.png

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a related note, one of these is a penalty and the other isn’t. We know the penalty one was because the referee from Greater Manchester checked it forensically on a monitor for 2 seconds. We know the other one wasn’t because for one day only, you can assault a player in an “offside” position free from consequences.

F8ABD4E1-698A-44DA-A797-3453FFAFAF69.jpeg

9CEF311A-75FB-4A4E-BC6A-9EBA932C3DC9.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, fuck these cunts. That’s two games and one opponent, and a series of fucking bullshit, inconsistent and bent calls that have fucked us out of goals, points and fucking players. There’s plenty more where they came from. When ineptitude is repeatedly confined to certain individuals and never to others then it’s just downright suspect.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VAR needs to go, no doubt in my mind. However, look what’s brought us to the point of not trusting the decisions of the officials. Its high definition camera technology with super clear slow motion and freeze framing.

 

VAR may go, but a ref is still going to make a poor split second decision with his EYES. After the event, the slow mo cameras and pundits will say ‘oh dear he’s got that wrong’ but tell me this - how does a ref or linesman compete against high definition hind sight? 
 

They can’t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We got here because the refs were getting REALLY obvious decisions wrong. No one was arsed about microscopic incidents.

 

Football is worse off, for what we have now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funny thing is we've probably seen more wrong off side decisions this season than we did last season, despite the fact VAR suspposedly can't be wrong.

 

BTW they look at millimeters on the pictures, but who's telling when to freeze that picture. They look at millimeters, but a picture frozen 1/00 of a second before or after would change the lines complelely. Who decides when to freeze the picture?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

Funny thing is we've probably seen more wrong off side decisions this season than we did last season, despite the fact VAR suspposedly can't be wrong.

 

BTW they look at millimeters on the pictures, but who's telling when to freeze that picture. They look at millimeters, but a picture frozen 1/00 of a second before or after would change the lines complelely. Who decides when to freeze the picture?

 

 

The VAR both freezes the frames AND applies the points on the players he believes are furthest forward (completely subjective choices) - so when we see the Leicester one last week it's through the middle of the sleeve and not the edge of the Leicester player and he appears to pick somewhere randomly in the shadows where he think firmino's heel toes are. In addition to this, the frame rate of the video used is not enough to be able to pick the moment the ball leaves the foot, well it might sometimes, it won't others. It is a completely flawed system to be using this to give millimetre precision decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

The VAR both freezes the frames AND applies the points on the players he believes are furthest forward (completely subjective choices) - so when we see the Leicester one last week it's through the middle of the sleeve and not the edge of the Leicester player and he appears to pick somewhere randomly in the shadows where he think firmino's heel toes are. In addition to this, the frame rate of the video used is not enough to be able to pick the moment the ball leaves the foot, well it might sometimes, it won't others. It is a completely flawed system to be using this to give millimetre precision decision. 

If you kick a ball against a wall, it bounces back. For a period of time there’s no air between the ball and the wall. How long time? I don’t know, but I’d expect it’ll be app 1/10 second from the ball hits the wall until it comes back off it.

So, do you freeze the picture at the time it hits the wall or the time it bounces back off it? It could well be a yard difference if two players are moving in opposite directions. So it seems to me you could freeze the picture to suit your agenda. If the lines don’t prove your case, just freeze the picture a split second earlier or later, and voila!

Kicking a ball is no different. If anything the ball is at the foot for a longer time than it is bouncing off a wall. When is the kick or the pass actually made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×