You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Firmino Racism Allegations

aRdja

Why on earth haven't they interviewed the players yet? The FA are pathetic! I know Bobby is away at the moment but even so FA - get things over with!

Place I used to work I lost an ipad full of confidential corporate information. Left it in a restaurant.

Anyway within days my boss had driven a 400 mile round trip to interview me and get the details. Followed by a senior HR bod flying up to confirm and take necessary action, which was none.

All this in a small firm over a fucking ipad.

Not the PR reputation of huge organisation on the scale of the FA. Pathetic.

What did he have on his Twitter? The only thing I read was that he had deleted his account, but the article didn't say why

When he was 15/16 he called someone a faggot on twitter

People saying he was a kid and it should be forgotten. To a pointi agree but he was a kid highly thought of in a acdamy structure who would have been told about social media. Stupidity no matter his age but the FA did Babel/Gray over twitter comments so the bar has been set

The GOT thread is a joke as expected. There’s some big conspiracy to get Firmino off with it and punish Holgate despite nobody on there being to provide any evidence that Firmino has done anything. They’re obviously fuming about Holgate getting pulled up on these homophobic tweets as well. They’re trying to push the narrative he was a child when he wrote them by various people saying he was 12 then 14/15 and now 15. In reality he was 16 and a few months from 17 which is obviously very different in the eyes of the law.

Personally I don’t think he should be getting banned for them. He is clearly young and hasn’t done anything like that for a long time. I think the FA will ban him though just because they will want to appear to have zero tolerance and be consistent.

If -- as expected -- there was nothing in Firminho's comments, Holgate should be landed with a significant misconduct ban. Ignorance of another language is not sufficient to raise slanderous allegations of racism.

I just want this over with now!

Personally I think he will get done for 'abusive language' and serve a small ban. Seems the type of shit house decision the FA will make.

I will personally be recording every time a player can be lipread as saying something off colour and complaining to the FA, if that’s the case.

I will personally be recording every time a player can be lipread as saying something off colour and complaining to the FA, if that’s the case.

Thing is mate - you are using logic and arguing for consistency. I - on the other hand - am arguing what the FA will do. Logic, good reason and consistency don't come into it. 

I wondered that. No evidence of the racism angle but with the lip reading bringing up the 

' son of a whore / Motherf***** ' I can imagine them giving Bobby a lower punishment for abusive language / disrepute , ignoring the fact that this happens every 5 minutes in most games  & they said that Evra making sexual references to Suarez' sister was fine.

The whole thing is ridiculous . No real evidence on film that anything untoward happened, the ref heard nothing, Holgate pushed Bobby over the hoardings and they have dug up a few deleted tweets form 5 years ago.  Just fucking jog on, none of it is worth a second look.

• Upvote 1

If Holgate missed the next 10 games no one notice anyway, if he plays the next 10 games no one will notice anyway. He is insignificant to virtually everyone, once Bobby's case is closed I couldn't give a fuck what happens to him.

If Holgate missed the next 10 games no one notice anyway, if he plays the next 10 games no one will notice anyway. He is insignificant to virtually everyone, once Bobby's case is closed I couldn't give a fuck what happens to him.

I don't give a fuck what happens to Holgate ,  FA should close the book and do something useful .