You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burnley (H) - 3pm, Sat 16/09/17 - Just get the job done.

Trumo

Brendan is that you.

To be fair to Klopp the level of bullshit he comes out with makes Rodgers look like an amateur,

I cant believe i typed all that, but there it is afor all to see. We've gone nowhere really.

I thought being German wed get the quiet efficiency, instead we have an oval wheeled clown car, with air horns on both sides.

I'm all disappointed.

• Upvote 2

No point in going over our failings- we all know them. Just wanted to say Sean Dyche is a fucking scruffy shitbearded tramp, his players are timewasting arsewipes in his image, and I'm sure Burnley is also a shithole pit full of moronic dickwipes who think the way their team play is "entertaining" (not that I've been there, but if I ever do go I now know what to expect).

Timewasting from the first 5 minutes, snide litlle bumps and pushes that the ref failed to see, euphoric celebrations at gaining a point. Wise up lads, you dropped two points, not gained one!

Agree with this, but I'd like to add that Klavan, Can and Matip rolling the ball slowly, sideways between them wasted far more time than Burnley managed to do.

He is starting to look like a one trick pony.....that trick is great when its being pulled off - when it isn't he and his charges have literally no idea what to do.

His stubborness that this squad has enough depth and quality too is for me deeply worrying.

He has it all to prove IMO now - we seem to be in a rut similar to January, he needs to find the answer to getting out of it quickly - if it drags on as long as it did in Jan our season will be over before it has even really started.

The Season was over after that joke of a transfer window.

• Upvote 4

He is starting to look like a one trick pony.....that trick is great when its being pulled off - when it isn't he and his charges have literally no idea what to do.

His stubborness that this squad has enough depth and quality too is for me deeply worrying.

He has it all to prove IMO now - we seem to be in a rut similar to January, he needs to find the answer to getting out of it quickly - if it drags on as long as it did in Jan our season will be over before it has even really started.

In a rut in September.  

Well, the hope won't kill us at least.

I will judge Klopp's game day managerial ability when he finally has a team that does not contain a large proportion of average jobbers or downright incompetent wasters.

His recruitment, on the other hand... I wish we knew exactly how much say he gets on transfers, but that is not looking good. Surely no sane manager would go into a season with Klavan as your 3rd choice center back... and Lovren as your second.

• Upvote 2

Doesn't know how to break down bus parkers without our one player with raw pace.

Cant defend a lead.

Signed lots of shit.

Fucks about with players starting positions.

Did not move on enough shit.

Cant make changes when required.

Cant control football matches from the midfield.

Cant protect a defence from the said midfield.

Blind to just how SHITE his defence is.

Did i miss owt?

First two criticisms are fair-ish. Signed a load of shite? Are you kidding me? After what our previous 3 managers put us through? We're still suffering from them signing players nowhere near good enough. 

We absolutely do control football matches in the midfield. That is just a lie. Our build up play is some of the best in the league, we simply lack the finishers and are also going through an exceptionally bad run of luck at the moment with ref decisions and oppositions finishing from few chances. 

Won't argue the defence is bad but he is trying to fix it or he wouldn't have spent 6 months chasing Van Dijk. If you want us to sign interim players, that means we won't be able to afford top quality targets and we'll be in the same position our previous managers left us in.

• Upvote 1

Correct. It is extreme stubbornness with him with the defence and summer signings. It's almost as if he has made these bad decisions to spite the fanbase. It was totally nonsensical not to sign a central defender and can't be justified on logic so must be an emotional decision.

We created more proper chances than in our last two games against a resolutely determined and drilled defence.  We weren't overrun in midfield.  These are two (admittedly minor) positives for me.  

Sadly we still don't know how to defend, and Coutinho was the definition of wasteful.  We improved when he went off.  Still, I'd rather have him on the pitch than Henderson or Wijnaldum.

The problem is the owners. If Klopp walked (and I 100% don't think he should) they'd replace him with someone almost certainly inferior and we'd still not be spending decent money or doing good transfer business. So what's the point?

Even if you brought in one of the few managers who are really up there like Ancelotti he'd want to build a spine of a team and almost certainly wouldn't get the money.

We're trying to do top four on the cheap while giving the impression we're not. If we were out in a bar we'd be wearing a suit by Boss orange - bought from the catalogue.

• Upvote 5

Correct. It is extreme stubbornness with him with the defence and summer signings. It's almost as if he has made these bad decisions to spite the fanbase. It was totally nonsensical not to sign a central defender and can't be justified on logic so must be an emotional decision.

Well here is the mans views on that...

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/defiant-jurgen-klopp-hits-back-13628060

I will judge Klopp's game day managerial ability when he finally has a team that does not contain a large proportion of average jobbers or downright incompetent wasters.

His recruitment, on the other hand... I wish we knew exactly how much say he gets on transfers, but that is not looking good. Surely no sane manager would go into a season with Klavan as your 3rd choice center back... and Lovren as your second.

I was a skeptic of FSG for a good chunk of the summer, but after bringing Keita in and sanctioning a 35M pound move for AOC they obviously have some kind of will to spend. Blocking a move for a defender wouldn't make sense, it's obviously down to Klopp.

Not that that explains the logic behind any of it.

Can't be chucking toys out of prams after 5 games. See where we are after 10 to 14 games.

But, there is definitely a sense of de ja vu about it all. Poor defending costing us points. And bossing games and not being clinical enough.

We've got time to change things. But not sure we have the players or depth to be looking at anything better than a top 4 place (at a push) and a domestic cup run.

Criminal that we haven't addressed the defence. And, personally, I think we're still crying out for a striker too. The AOC money definitely could've been spent better in other areas of the team.

Can't be chucking toys out of prams after 5 games. See where we are after 10 to 14 games.

But, there is definitely a sense of de ja vu about it all. Poor defending costing us points. And bossing games and not being clinical enough.

We've got time to change things. But not sure we have the players or depth to be looking at anything better than a top 4 place (at a push) and a domestic cup run.

Criminal that we haven't addressed the defence. And, personally, I think we're still crying out for a striker too. The AOC money definitely could've been spent better in other areas of the team.

Solanke knows where the goal is.   I'd give him a few games to see what he can do.