You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp is desperate to sign Keita now rather than wait another 12 months for his release clause to become active. (James Pearce)

Klopp will await the outcome of those discussions in the hope Leipzig reluctantly agree to open negotiations over a deal. (James Pearce)

Liverpool face a make or break week in their pursuit of Naby Keita, who is keen to move & is set for talks with RB Leipzig. (James Pearce)

Leipzig's stance could change if Keita informs the club he isn't prepared to stay put & has his heart set on Liverpool. (James Pearce)

Definitely need to get him in this summer if we ever want him to be a lfc player. Wouldn't fancy our chances of getting him in next summer. First, because Bayern, PSG and whoever else are very likely to be interested. And, secondly, I wouldn't exactly fancy our chances of making the CL again if we don't sign Keita, as it would be very much like us not to sign an adequate alternative or simply settle for someone like Chamberlain while others around us keep improving. I would happily overpay for Keita personally, as I would for Van Dijk.

Even if we are going to make a signing of the calibre of Keita, then it's highly unlikely it would happen until the season is well under way. 

I think we're all kind of forgetting that -contrary to popular consensus - we NOT yet a Champions League team. 

No adviser to a truly exceptional player is going to tell their client to join us before, say, August 25th or so, once we've qualified. Why would they? They'd be fucking mad to, frankly. 

If you ask me we'll more than likely start the season with roughly what we've got now and I'm well resigned to that.

This is why we needed to secure 3rd and not 4th in the league. Having to enter the qualifying round fucks up your entire pre-season.

RB Leipzig EnglishVerified account @RBLeipzig_EN 39m39 minutes ago

More

The 2017/18 #RBLeipzig home shirt has now been unleashed in the @redbullshop! 1f534.png26aa.png#DieRotenBullen

DDy4Q27XYAIvjtb.jpg

No Keita in Leipzig's new kit launch today.

It's fucking on like King Kong.

While Leipzig are determined not to sell the player, they may have already dropped a subtle hint they are planning for life without him after not including the midfielder in the promotional campaign for their new home kit.

While Leipzig are determined not to sell the player, they may have already dropped a subtle hint they are planning for life without him after not including the midfielder in the promotional campaign for their new home kit.

Xabi & Suarez both advertised our new home kits at the time and spewed it before the away kits had came out

• Upvote 1

Can't believe how gullible some people are. The only way FSG is sanctioning that kind of money is if they know Coutinho is going this summer.

I think that's probably got a good chance of being true.

Sell Coutinho for the £90 million being reported to PSG. Buy Salah and Keita for a combined £95 million. Maybe chuck in Oxo Chambo as well for £25 mill.

1 player out, 3 players in, net spend of £25 - 30 million.

Knowing that we've got Coutinho cash lined up would certainly explain why we don't seem fazed by the mooted fee for Keita, and why we've been tilting at a fair few expensive players.