Nunavut Patrick

Flower of Scotland/ Burns Day

I don't give a fuck if oil is 27 USD$ we should of gone for it.

Spoken as a fifth generation half Scot removes from Bonnie Scotland.

going to scarf me some haggis Monday and single malt as well.

FRREEEDEEEDDDDDDDOMMMMMMMMM!

• Upvote 2

Back in your box Angus,we still own you.*

* I should add im only half English

I'm fucking sick of the Independence debate, it's still all you hear up here and has been completely hijacked by morons who are more interested in calling each other daft names than what's best for Scotland.

Flower of Scotland is an awful dirge and wants replaced with Caledonia by Dougie McLean.

And haggis is the business, I would have it for tea most nights if I had my way, on a pizza, on a burger, with neeps and tatties, in pakora, it's magic.

Im pro hagis too

Not a traditionist mind. Ill have mine done in a pan with butter and with some roast veg. Noce with fried egg too

Pat, you're talking pish but I'm with you on the haggis 

Head to the Tilted Kilt laddie. Some nice neeps and tatties to be found there.

• Upvote 1

Im pro hagis tooNot a traditionist mind. Ill have mine done in a pan with butter and with some roast veg. Noce with fried egg too

Haggis on toast.

I honestly think in a century or even two generations it would be better.

And now explain the tragedy of Flower of Scotland or your Burn's Day. Call yourself a Scotsman. Pah!

I think Flower of Scotland is quite decent. Hampden park sounds great when the jocks sing that in full voice. Edinburgh isn't Scotland anyway. Its a London Suburb in Scotland. Haggis is lovely. Rab C Nesbitt for president of Glasgow.

Look, I am watching the Australian Open and Burns Day upcoming,..forgive me,,

Mel Gibson beat Llewytin Hewitt right....at Culloden?

Update.... I found two pale ales..stuck them in the freezer...

I would have loved to come back to an independant Scotland and drive a bus...

Yeah i like flower if Scotland,the Welsh have a decent anthem too. So do the French and even the Yanks. Gods save the queen is shite.

Nothing beats the old Soviet Anthem though

• Upvote 1

Yeah i like flower if Scotland,the Welsh have a decent anthem too. So do the French and even the Yanks. Gods save the queen is shite. Nothing beats the old Soviet Anthem though

Love that Commie stuff..

italian one is ace though

I'm fucking sick of the Independence debate, it's still all you hear up here and has been completely hijacked by morons who are more interested in calling each other daft names than what's best for Scotland. Flower of Scotland is an awful dirge and wants replaced with Caledonia by Dougie McLean.And haggis is the business, I would have it for tea most nights if I had my way, on a pizza, on a burger, with neeps and tatties, in pakora, it's magic.

Flower of Scotland is a million times better than that arse kissing upper class shite used in England. It might not be the best but its far from the worst.

I didn't say it was the worst, have you heard Brazil's?

I think Flower of Scotland is a nice enough folk song but it's a bit embarrassing having a national anthem about a battle with the English army when there's plenty of positive things we could just be singing about Scotland instead.

God Save the Queen isn't even the English National Anthem, it's British & yes, it's a load of shite.

I didn't say it was the worst, have you heard Brazil's?

I think Flower of Scotland is a nice enough folk song but it's a bit embarrassing having a national anthem about a battle with the English army when there's plenty of positive things we could just be singing about Scotland instead.

God Save the Queen isn't even the English National Anthem, it's British & yes, it's a load of shite.

Is Uruguay's not pretty weird too?

Flower of Scotland is grim on every level. It was only written about 30 years ago so there's no excuse for the only words anyone knows being about some battle with the Unglish as Mook says. Kind of flies in the face of this all inclusive Scotland we keep hearing about.

And as for the British national anthem, it is just plain embarrassing and wrong that our national song is not about a land and its people but about protecting an outdated, over-priveleged monarchy.

We've had this conversation before but in Eurovision style, on tune alone, my votes would go to the Soviet Union, Italy, France and South Africa