You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bordeaux away

mouse1989

Wasn't that Lallana goal similar to twat-boy's against us at the weekend? Why were there no jizzing commentators? WHY CLIVE?

Speaking of commentators, what has happened to Michael Owen?  I mean, he was never a bright lad, but it's like someone has given him a lobotomy and he never even noticed.

"Chirivella's played well, but you'd just like to see him imposing himself on the game a bit more."  Sure, Michael.  What we really should be demanding of an 18-year old making his debut away in Europe at defensive midfield is that he "impose himself on the game."  That seems fair.

• Upvote 1

Speaking of commentators, what has happened to Michael Owen?  I mean, he was never a bright lad, but it's like someone has given him a lobotomy and he never even noticed.

"Chirivella's played well, but you'd just like to see him imposing himself on the game a bit more."  Sure, Michael.  What we really should be demanding of an 18-year old making his debut away in Europe at defensive midfield is that he "impose himself on the game."  That seems fair.

Not really fair after he had his favourite horse put down because he couldn't afford the vet's bill.

Ibe is not good enough, dos'nt score or assist and is terrible defensively.

Orgi looks poor, plays like he's on Valium.

I like Ings deserves to start.

Shako must be told he I'd our nu 1 CB and be given a run of games.

Lallana never looks fit, I'd use him for the last twenty minuets of games when the pace slows and gaps appear. He is one of our few attackers who can shoot.

Can is a strange one, like Lallana but at the back, looks slow and out of position but can show quality in snatches.

Courtinio could be gone to a champions league club by Christmas never mind next summer.

Mignolet has been fine this season.

Bar Clyne all our full backs look shit.

I've no time for inconsistent players like Lallana.  It's only the English that big up these players that do fuck all 9/10 and cream themselves over the odd moment of brilliance.  Of course he's capable of a bit of class, he's a professionally footballer, they're all capable of it.  Consistentcy is all that matters if you want to do the business week in week out at a top club and Adam Lallana simply doesn't have it.

That goal will buy him another month or two of dogshite performances tho

see, you can say the same about Coutinho.  He's done nothing but waste the ball this season apart from his goal the other week.  You've got Cruyff turns to nowhere, and you've got dribbling into dead ends.  Neither of them are world class.  So to moan about one and not the other seems to be less than objective.  Lallana also does far more running, and tackling back than Coutinho.  When Phil loses the ball it's other people's fault, because there's no-one making the runs or movement.  When Lallana loses it, it's because he's a shitstain.  

I don't see that much between them in terms of overall contribution.  I don't think one of them is markedly better than the other.  Little feints and turns and through balls are great when they come off.  When they don't, well, it's possession wasted.  And that applies equally to both of them.  

Anyway, we're still shit.  We can't rely on class goals to get us out of the poo, because we don't score enough of them.  

• Upvote 1

see, you can say the same about Coutinho.  He's done nothing but waste the ball this season apart from his goal the other week.  You've got Cruyff turns to nowhere, and you've got dribbling into dead ends.  Neither of them are world class.  So to moan about one and not the other seems to be less than objective.  Lallana also does far more running, and tackling back than Coutinho.  When Phil loses the ball it's other people's fault, because there's no-one making the runs or movement.  When Lallana loses it, it's because he's a shitstain.  

I don't see that much between them in terms of overall contribution.  I don't think one of them is markedly better than the other.  Little feints and turns and through balls are great when they come off.  When they don't, well, it's possession wasted.  And that applies equally to both of them.  

Anyway, we're still shit.  We can't rely on class goals to get us out of the poo, because we don't score enough of them.  

I think it's the fact that Lallana is 4 years older and cost £16.5M more. 

• Upvote 1

I'm willing to bet this is the youngest team we've ever played in Europe. The whining in here is really fucking tedious. We played more or less well as could be expected. Sakho was immense, some of the first-teamers disappointed, the tempo generally low. Still, a valuable experience for many youngsters today, and should we at a point in time change the manager, at least this result won't be fatal for our further chances.

Yet he'll be back out the side again at the weekend so the fucking tit can bring in the worst centre half we've had in decades to prove some kind of stupid point.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Coutinho could have cost £25m and Lallana £8.5m and the former would still have been a much better signing. I don't think it has much to do with cost, Coutinho is simply a far superior player.

Why've we spent £29m on Firmino who seems to be behind Coutinho and Lallana in his position yet we're still starting fucking Lucas Leiva in the engine room? It's just absolutely farcical because we wuoldn't buy a proper CM.

Lallana pops up with the odd goal but that aside he's just a nothing player and a total waste of money. 

• Upvote 1

So Lallana and Coutinho are at the same level ? Ooook

in terms of contribution, I think they are.  They're different sorts of players.   Coutinho is probably a better overall player in terms of skill and creativity, but I can't help feeling Lallana would create more if he was given that area to play in more often.  Certainly it wouldn't be difficult this season.  I don't know why Rodgers insists on playing Lallana out of position.  Oh, hang on... is it because he plays almost everyone out of position?

• Upvote 1

Ibe is not good enough, dos'nt score or assist and is terrible defensively.

Orgi looks poor, plays like he's on Valium.

To be fair to Ibe, if he was good enough already, he would be asking for a transfer or he would already be playing for City, Chelsea, Barca and all the top clubs we are feeding with our "good enough" players.

For the sake of Ibe's, Rossiter's, Origi's et al careers, I hope the YESman fucks off sonner rather than later, before he ruins their careers. 

Shako must be told he I'd our nu 1 CB and be given a run of games.

Only in our dreams.

Courtinio could be gone to a champions league club by Christmas never mind next summer.

"Courtinho" my ass.

Bar Clyne all our full backs look shit.

Clyne will look SHITE is six months. 

Mignolet has been fine this season.

You are having a laugh. Mignolet is fucking shit, he was atrocious against united.

I enjoyed this evening's game more than I did Istanbul.

That's because you were sucking a cock all evening.

• Upvote 1

Why've we spent £29m on Firmino who seems to be behind Coutinho and Lallana in his position yet we're still starting fucking Lucas Leiva in the engine room? It's just absolutely farcical.

Lallana pops up with the odd goal but that aside he's just a nothing player and a total waste of money.

I don't think having a balanced squad is something anyone at the club even considers.