You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

But he did say that. So it would be silly to go anywhere and say "Klopp said he isn't happy" - cuz that would not be true.

Seems is a cool word in this moment.

He seems like he would be a better poker player than the Hysterical Fannies.

As a fully paid up member of the Hysterical Fannies club, I would happily play Klopp HU for every penny he has.

Klopp has never complained about not getting enough support from FSG when it comes to transfer, nor has he even remotely showing any signs of being unhappy for being undermined in any way.

So is Klopp being too much of a wuss to do anything, or is he being too loyal and an absolute professional about not airing his 'unhappiness' publicly? Or is he just a good actor and actually in the same boat (yacht!) with his bosses in making a fool of the fans?

It's quite baffling really, because he never said anything bad about our transfer dealings and in fact has repeatedly saying the complete opposite, that he's the man in charge, it's his decisions etc.

It doesn't have to be any of these things. He might just have huge faith in his ability to improve players and prefer to build a team patiently and more "organically". Everything about him would suggest he's completely turned off by buying success. Also, he is in quite a unique position where he is comfortably the best manager that we could attract to the club. He knows that, and the owners know that. It affords him time. He can make mid/long term plans that other managers can't.

I don't see Klopp's words, actions, or general attitude, as being gospel re the owners. He could be lying, it does happen. He could be telling the truth. He could be indifferent, happy, who knows? The owners being snide, patronising, club bleeding, wankers is a slightly separate issue. Or at least, not necessarily intrinsically linked.

I find it odd those defending an investment company try and throw Klopp under a bus to try and make their point.

Klopp wasn't here when they sold Torres or Suarez or Sterling and left us with a small squad in numerous windows prior to his appointment. He wasn't here when they stripped the squad of what they deemed high earners like Kuyt and Reina.

The one constant the investment company FSG.

Was selling any of those players a fault? Suarez and Coutinho both wanted to leave. They both forced their way out. Nobody else who we’ve sold is an issue at all.

As for throwing Klopp under the bus... that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard in this thread, and it’s full of the myopic, biased, and hard-of-thinking.

Also, this seemingly new ‘trusts his own abilities, so doesn’t want to buy, which coincidentally aligns with the owners’ nefarious agenda’ is poorly thought out when you consider how many big money signings he has made.

It seems to me that things are going really well, and there’s very little left to moan about, so the who net spend bollocks has started back up. It is temporarily skewed quite badly by the second biggest transfer in history, so now a the time to do it, I suppose.

Was selling any of those players a fault? Suarez and Coutinho both wanted to leave. They both forced their way out. Nobody else who we’ve sold is an issue at all.

As for throwing Klopp under the bus... that’s the most ridiculous thing I’ve heard in this thread, and it’s full of the myopic, biased, and hard-of-thinking.

Also, this seemingly new ‘trusts his own abilities, so doesn’t want to buy, which coincidentally aligns with the owners’ nefarious agenda’ is poorly thought out when you consider how many big money signings he has made.

It seems to me that things are going really well, and there’s very little left to moan about, so the who net spend bollocks has started back up. It is temporarily skewed quite badly by the second biggest transfer in history, so now a the time to do it, I suppose.

It's right up there with the argument that the VVD transfer was funded by the Countinho money.if he didn't want to go he and VVD would both be here.

Klopp has never complained about not getting enough support from FSG when it comes to transfer, nor has he even remotely showing any signs of being unhappy for being undermined in any way.

So is Klopp being too much of a wuss to do anything, or is he being too loyal and an absolute professional about not airing his 'unhappiness' publicly? Or is he just a good actor and actually in the same boat (yacht!) with his bosses in making a fool of the fans?

It's quite baffling really, because he never said anything bad about our transfer dealings and in fact has repeatedly saying the complete opposite, that he's the man in charge, it's his decisions etc.

He comes from a middling club in Germany where they pretty much follow FSGs game plan.  So it's what he's used to.  It's a regime he thrived under.  Why wouldn't he be happy?  It's what he's always done with more money and (theoretically) better players.

Ha the most absurd argument is the investment company is doing everything in the best interests of Liverpool to achieve success.

If you really believe that respond to the Nigerian email and be in with a chance of becoming richer.

I don't give two hoots about NetSpend, not even sure it is mentioned much. But I do believe any excess transfer money should be used to discount tickets or recompensate season ticket holders.

But I do believe any excess transfer money should be used to discount tickets or recompensate season ticket holders.

And the world is made of chocolate and unicorns rule the lands. Rainbows point to treasure chests and WUMs don't exist.

Why should they feel the need to compensate the fans?

What is our wage bill compared to the rest of the top 6?

In the last set of accounts they shot up, they where comparable to everyone. The people in the know (swissramble and other financial sites) are a bit confused by it all as it had no obvious reason. They are waiting to see the next set of accounts to get a clearer understanding of where we are.

So it's what he's used to. It's a regime he thrived under. Why wouldn't he be happy?

This is my point. Klopp and FSG seem to be on the same page in terms of our transfer strategy. I just find it bizarre that when those who are unhappy with our transfer activity put the blame solely on FSG. By doing this they are practically saying Klopp is just some no mark yes man, not one of the best managers around and one of of the most influential. Which is again, weird.

• Upvote 1

And the world is made of chocolate and unicorns rule the lands. Rainbows point to treasure chests and WUMs don't exist.

Why should they feel the need to compensate the fans?

I'm surprised I have to spell this out for you.

Quite simple ticket prices are extremely high and are no longer such a vital source of income. If the club have excess transfer funds left over say ..... millions from the Coutinho sale which covers the period ending May 31 2018. Instead of improving the balance sheet put it in a pot and retrospectively direct those funds to supporters who purchased tickets in that period.

Maybe you would prefer it improved the balance sheet.