You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Local News Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 06/03/2023 at 18:30, manwiththestick said:

Sad news about that crash in Cardiff, two girls and a lad dead in the car and one guy and girl found alive and now critical in hospital.

It seems the crash went unnoticed for a long time, sounds like they may have been there ages before being found.

Tragic.

Maybe I'm weird or read situations wrong but two poor kids are dead and another two critical in ICU. So people get together with balloons and fireworks. Loads recording it on their phones. Why would you want to do this? Least of all record it to watch it back.

Do people not have quiet dignity anymore?

Expecting armbands and a minutes silence at the match at the weekend. This constant grief celebration IMO diminishes the actually reality of a terrible event.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Maybe I'm weird or read situations wrong but two poor kids are dead and another two critical in ICU. So people get together with balloons and fireworks. Loads recording it on their phones. Why would you want to do this? Least of all record it to watch it back.

Do people not have quiet dignity anymore?

Expecting armbands and a minutes silence at the match at the weekend. This constant grief celebration IMO diminishes the actually reality of a terrible event.

I bet the local wildlife are chuffed to bits with all the debris from balloons and fireworks. It's a terrible business but fuck me, what a bunch of bellends. 

8 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I bet the local wildlife are chuffed to bits with all the debris from balloons and fireworks. It's a terrible business but fuck me, what a bunch of bellends. 

You could have at least the compassion to wait until the two kids who are critical are sorted out one way or the other.

35 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

It was the local wildlife doing it….

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Steve Feltham has dedicated his life to solving the mystery of the Loch Ness Monster.

He gave up his job and sold his home in Dorset to move to Dores on the shores of the loch in 1991.

Now, after more than 30 years of searching for Nessie, he said he thought the task would have been easier.

Who would have thought that sighting and documenting a fictional monster would be this difficult?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Who would have thought that sighting and documenting a fictional monster would be this difficult?

Haha, the headline's like something out of the Onion. At the bottom of the article, there's a link to one from 2016 where he's basically saying the same things on the 25th anniversary of wasting his time.

• 4 weeks later...

Watching the BBC News at 10 earlier and they were talking about the stabbing of 4 kids in a play ground in the south of France by a Syrian fella, when all of a sudden Anthony Le Tallec, in a Liverpool training top, Le Gem himself, is on the telly as an eyewitness.

2D129676-AC32-4225-9EEB-EFFC8D65D7A9.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A little part of the city’s colour extinguished.

Sad news this. The crazy old soul who used to play all the awful music in town has died. He was that bad he was funny and become somewhat of an icon in the city. Shine on you crazy diamond. You will be remembered. He was boss him. R.I.P Pete.

• Upvote 2