You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joey Barton

TheHowieLama

1 minute ago, A Red said:

Only one Joey, my grandson watching his beloved reds last night

20240110_200821.jpg

Probably talks more sense & respects woman more too. 

On 06/01/2024 at 12:21, Barrington Womble said:

A lot of the pundits are shite. But they have lived and breathed the experiences we're watching. So when Roy Keane has a mental rant, you see the element of the man who will have lived those moments. It brings a value to the experience. 

Of course there are more things to be worried about, but if that's the case, let's shut the forum down and stop going.to the match because there are more things to worry about in life than football. But without doubt these women pundits and even more so the imbecilic co-commentators they love on BT are ruining my enjoyment of the game. 

So you are able to come on the forum and talk about tactics and who should be doing what and who we should be signing next based on what involvement youve had on the game?

Fuck off. Anyone can talk about football whether you have played Sunday league/Semi professional or Pro. Shit house view points. 

On 06/01/2024 at 14:26, sir roger said:

I detest Barton, but in reality his 1 cap is worth 1002 caps for the womens team at that point when they had no professional set up and were playing on park pitches. 

I admit that my view of Aluko is biased in that she has a horrible Tory outlook on life and was almost universally hated by the rest of the squad at the time.

And how many caps have you got representing you country at Football?

Thought so. 

On 06/01/2024 at 20:13, Mook said:

We all know a load people want rid of the female pundits. Why do you think it is?

Because they are misogynistic and hold archaic view points that Football isnt for women. 

On 06/01/2024 at 20:15, redinblack said:

I honestly don't know anyone who fucking cares.

We talk to different people. I think it would be that

This- I dont listen to any pundit- Why? Cause they all talk fucking shite. They are all literally paid to talk about football. Some points will be valid and some will be pulled out of the air and sound stupid because they are. That doesnt equate to your sex. 

On 07/01/2024 at 10:01, Barrington Womble said:

Why should I have to do that? The subscription for sports TV is astronomical. The least I can expect is for a professional product for my money. 

You know these females.......... They are professional. You just dont recognise it. 

On 07/01/2024 at 15:56, Trumo said:

The question that should be asked is: does anyone give a shit about what Joey Barton thinks about anything?

Unfortunately this thread in itself with its responses from a few says he has a large misogynistic following. 

Ultimately the reason why Womens football is behind the "mens" game is money. Women have had to play in parks and training grounds because they havent been funded the same way. They havent had the same exposure. They have been told to get out of the game- Its for men. 

Womens football is on the up because it doesnt involve knuckle dragging morons ruining it for everyone. The level is increasing all of the time with training and all that comes down to is ££. 

My 15yr old daughter is a better baller than 99.9% of this forum and is the only one in her school year (male and female) signed to a professional club. 

Ah but she shouldnt be playing the game or speaking about it- My Bad. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

10 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

So you are able to come on the forum and talk about tactics and who should be doing what and who we should be signing next based on what involvement youve had on the game?

Fuck off. Anyone can talk about football whether you have played Sunday league/Semi professional or Pro. Shit house view points. 

Thought so. 

Because they are misogynistic and hold archaic view points that Football isnt for women. 

This- I dont listen to any pundit- Why? Cause they all talk fucking shite. They are all literally paid to talk about football. Some points will be valid and some will be pulled out of the air and sound stupid because they are. That doesnt equate to your sex. 

You know these females.......... They are professional. You just dont recognise it. 

Unfortunately this thread in itself with its responses from a few says he has a large misogynistic following. 

Ultimately the reason why Womens football is behind the "mens" game is money. Women have had to play in parks and training grounds because they havent been funded the same way. They havent had the same exposure. They have been told to get out of the game- Its for men. 

Womens football is on the up because it doesnt involve knuckle dragging morons ruining it for everyone. The level is increasing all of the time with training and all that comes down to is ££. 

My 15yr old daughter is a better baller than 99.9% of this forum and is the only one in her school year (male and female) signed to a professional club. 

Go back to bed lad.

• Downvote 1

"Ultimately the reason why Womens football is behind the "mens" game is money. Women have had to play in parks and training grounds because they havent been funded the same way. They havent had the same exposure. They have been told to get out of the game- Its for men. "

No thats not true. They have their champions league and their world cups and their leagues televised. The reason they arnt self sustaining is because its an inferior product to the mens game and thats what counts. Its money and marketing, it will never be on par, its also physically a different game.

I can see you are an idealist but unfortunately when you step foot outside your door the world doesn't think the same.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Fowlers God said:

Thought so. 

I come to a forum to talk about football. Nobody would want to pay for my views and neither should they. I absolutely should not be employed as a pundit. I'm no different to anyone who has kicked a ball or gone to the match. 

Pundits are there to bring a value I or others like me, do not, in fact cannot bring. If you don't want to listen to pundits because they are all shite, that is your choice. Happy days. Turn off. However, I pay my subscription in part for them to provide the highest level of expertise they can. I see no reason to hire these women, because they have never played at a level any different to anyone on here. They are no experts on what's happened in front of our eyes, or certainly no more an expert than any poster on here. So they shouldn't hire fellas from the stands, they should hire female footballers unless their experience translates to what they are being asked to comment on. 

Women's football? Sure they can comment on that. In fact they should, because that's where their experience is, it shouldn't have any men on there, because their experience does not related to the women's game. 

It's not misogynistic at all..it's about hiring the most qualified person for the job. That's why they shouldn't hire me. And it's why their appointments are nothing more than tokenism. 

You want to know what holds back the progression of women's football more than anything else? Imbeciles who try to pretend it's the same product as the men's game. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I come to a forum to talk about football. Nobody would want to pay for my views and neither should they. I absolutely should not be employed as a pundit. I'm no different to anyone who has kicked a ball or gone to the match. 

Pundits are there to bring a value I or others like me, do not, in fact cannot bring. If you don't want to listen to pundits because they are all shite, that is your choice. Happy days. Turn off. However, I pay my subscription in part for them to provide the highest level of expertise they can. I see no reason to hire these women, because they have never played at a level any different to anyone on here. They are no experts on what's happened in front of our eyes, or certainly no more an expert than any poster on here. So they shouldn't hire fellas from the stands, they should hire female footballers unless their experience translates to what they are being asked to comment on. 

Women's football? Sure they can comment on that. In fact they should, because that's where their experience is, it shouldn't have any men on there, because their experience does not related to the women's game. 

It's not misogynistic at all..it's about hiring the most qualified person for the job. That's why they shouldn't hire me. And it's why their appointments are nothing more than tokenism. 

You want to know what holds back the progression of women's football more than anything else? Imbeciles who try to pretend it's the same product as the men's game. 

Thats the killer line for me. Tokenism is rife currently, across tv, sport and movies. It doesn't progress anything it just holds it back.

• Downvote 1

Thought so. 

1 hour ago, Mook said:

You've used the word 'baller' there so your rant is pretty much disqualified from any serious debate.

Yeah, we can’t let that go. Fucking terrible behaviour.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Thought so. 

I think you are confusing a debate about the quality of pundits versus the larger debate of where ladies football sits against male football. Obviously it is still some way behind and will be for a while yet due to history,facilities and take up of the game. It will improve but will take more time and effort rather than the tokenism currently on show. The biggest mistake of all is trying to pitch the ladies game alongside the mens game rather than showcasing the female game on its own merits. It shouldn't be 'tagged on' it should be fully supported because its football,its good for the girls and its good for the game as a whole. The bigger problem is not a boys v girls thing,its a rich v poor thing given the appalling facilities at grassroots preventing both boys and girls being able to take up and enjoy playing in facilities they should be able to do safely and frequently.

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

Thought so. 

She’s not better than me lad, even at 56 so wind your neck in and adjust your bra Mary. No place for your sort on here with your uppity leftist feminist agenda, try somewhere else Susan. Maybe a Liverpool women’s forum ya big dosser.

I was a decent footballer but I had to live it vicariously through my daughter as my lad loved Boxing and Rugby more than playing footy. Good luck to your daughter mate.

As far as female pundits I just generally hate most pundits. That said I’d we need them to dress sexier you know the thing, Keane in a kilt, Carragher in a skin tight onesie, Neville  in a bin bag from head to toe preferably then dumped in a skip.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think you are confusing a debate about the quality of pundits versus the larger debate of where ladies football sits against male football. Obviously it is still some way behind and will be for a while yet due to history,facilities and take up of the game. It will improve but will take more time and effort rather than the tokenism currently on show. The biggest mistake of all is trying to pitch the ladies game alongside the mens game rather than showcasing the female game on its own merits. It shouldn't be 'tagged on' it should be fully supported because its football,its good for the girls and its good for the game as a whole. The bigger problem is not a boys v girls thing,its a rich v poor thing given the appalling facilities at grassroots preventing both boys and girls being able to take up and enjoy playing in facilities they should be able to do safely and frequently.

z

I think that they go hand in hand. People are saying that they (Women) cant possibly commentate on the game as they play on parks in front on 10 people and dont know what its like to play the "real" game. 

The only thing that is behind is the quality right? I do 100% concur to that. But look at the quality 10yrs ago to now? Why has it improved? Its money; its exposure; its advertising; its record crowds at wembley.

Tokenisim is something that I agree needs to be looked at to ensure that its not just a quota filled but women are just as knowledgeable about the game. It really is the same; same game; same rules; same pitch; same points; same goals; same everything. 

But also how good is it that the staus quo is being rocked and we dont just have Alan Smith and Matt Le tissier on co commentary? There are pros and negatives for it all. 

But to say women are ruining the game- Thats bullshit. 

Would I go onto support a ladies team? I doubt it because my team is LFC (Mens) but I am sure that there will be generations after ours that do. 

We talk about all the things in the mens game that we dont like; a lot of womens football doesnt have that in there and which is why its a breath of fresh air for some. 

• Upvote 1

z

I think that they go hand in hand. People are saying that they (Women) cant possibly commentate on the game as they play on parks in front on 10 people and dont know what its like to play the "real" game. 

The only thing that is behind is the quality right? I do 100% concur to that. But look at the quality 10yrs ago to now? Why has it improved? Its money; its exposure; its advertising; its record crowds at wembley.

Tokenisim is something that I agree needs to be looked at to ensure that its not just a quota filled but women are just as knowledgeable about the game. It really is the same; same game; same rules; same pitch; same points; same goals; same everything. 

But also how good is it that the staus quo is being rocked and we dont just have Alan Smith and Matt Le tissier on co commentary? There are pros and negatives for it all. 

Would I go onto support a ladies team? I doubt it because my team is LFC (Mens) but I am sure that there will be generations after ours that do. 

We talk about all the things in the mens game that we dont like; a lot of womens football doesnt have that in there and which is why its a breath of fresh air for some. 

I have to say that coaching and reffing girls football is a pleasure rather than a chore. There is merit in publicising that a lot more.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fowlers God said:

z

So this is a completely different take on the rant you had the other day which is baffling. No one in here said women shouldnt play football, you equated the fact that people dont like or think women should pundit on the mens game as some sort of blocker for womens football as a whole.

As Barry put it well, we pay to hear the éxpert' thoughts of players who were prime or world class when they played. That goes for the males too - no one wants to hear women talk about the peak mens game but no one wants to hear Danny Mills or Gabby Agbonglor.