You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Norwich City vs Liverpool (Apr 20 2014)

WhiskeyJar

My brain is trying to analyze what happened, how they got back into it, how we clung on, but my heart just keeps screaming "WERE GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE TRA LA LA LA LA LA"

Fuck it. It doesn't matter. We won. It's half 7 in the morning here, and I'm breaking out the beer. Fullers for breakfast.

Bluemoon exhibiting Evertonian levels of bitter madness on their Easter fixtures thread. Apparently Everton, Chelsea and now City fans are all-in on the theory that Mike Riley and the referees are fixing the league for us.

Still no explanation as to how the referees are scoring all the goals for us as well.

The bunch of losers, wouldn't surprise me. We're marching on regardless.

Bluemoon exhibiting Evertonian levels of bitter madness on their Easter fixtures thread. Apparently Everton, Chelsea and now City fans are all-in on the theory that Mike Riley and the referees are fixing the league for us.

Still no explanation as to how the referees are scoring all the goals for us as well.

Had a quick look and fucking hell they are worse than any other I've seen I think. Completely convinced that it is their right to win it. Fucking dicks.

Had a quick look and fucking hell they are worse than any other I've seen I think. Completely convinced that it is their right to win it. Fucking dicks.

We've received our share of highly dubious decisions, but then so have they. There's been nothing as blatant as West Ham's goal against us, or the assistant's gift to City at the Etihad.

Have they commented on the two straight red cards Norwich players should have seen today?

• Upvote 1

The saying goes, if you put enough pressure on a lump of coal it becomes a diamond. Our players have never been in this position before with this pressure. They are relatively young and if we win the league they will gain a lot of confidence for years to come. This could be he making of a team that could dominate for years.

This is 70% Rodgers. This is far from a team that plays itself like Man City's does. Without Rodgers we don't do anywhere near as well as we are doing. There's a few players who should be the nucleus, but there's a lot of quality to bring into the first team before we look anything like a team that could actually dominate for a long period IMO.

To me in these types of games we could really use a big strong force who can drive forward in the centre of the park, and retain the ball like a Yaya Toure. Would make a massive difference in these scrappy games where we are being pressed. Simple fact is players like Allen and Lucas are disposessed far too easily (Henderson much less so and it shows how we missed him), and don't do a good enough job of shielding the ball to give time for supporting runs.

Thanks fuck for Sterling, because he won us that game on his own. Mignolet was directly at fault for both goals, the first one is obvious, the second one he didn't have the balls to come out and clear a ball on the edge of the 6 yard box that should be his every time because of the previous mistake. But we deserved it because of how poor we were in attempting to keep the ball.

Numero, you negged for me hoping Sakho will be replaced by Agger? Fair enough if so, I just think he's better. I don't dislike Sakho, and maybe he'll even end up as good as, or better than Agger, who knows. Just think he's too rash at times though as he is now, like I said before. Hopefully this experience will do him good as well.

numero has a massive hard on for sakho. truths is he's fucking Shite like
  • Downvote 1

We shouldn't forget that. No matter what happens this season has been a huge triumph. Far more than I expected.

Agreed totally, was still checking for that long after many were going on about us winning the league, but had kind of stopped thinking about it so much recently. Well done to all involved for getting us back there, it's great to know we're in it again after what we've been through in recent years.

We shouldn't forget that. No matter what happens this season has been a huge triumph. Far more than I expected.

Yes, to get a top 3 finish after being way off the pace the last few years is fantastic. And we've done it in style.

It'd be incredibly hard to take if we don't finish top now but to have a place secured in the top 3 with games left is still a fantastic achievement. 

We've received our share of highly dubious decisions, but then so have they. There's been nothing as blatant as West Ham's goal against us, or the assistant's gift to City at the Etihad.

Have they commented on the two straight red cards Norwich players should have seen today?

No. They've ignored those in favour of concentrating on Norwich.

numero has a massive hard on for sakho. truths is he's fucking Shite like

Haha, I think he's a decent player to be honest. Just think it's clearly difficult for him to be put into the side at a time like this, and he needs to chill out a decent bit in certain situations.

It's a prize fight now. It's about staying on your feet, taking the blows, punching back and being the last one standing.

This. Will help that we won't be playing any more teams fighting for their lives - Norwich left it all on the pitch today.

Yeah I admit to being totally wrong about Hendo too. Thought he should've gone out on loan instead of Suso before the season started! (or even sold? Can't properly remember.) Liked him at first then went off him, but yeah he's been amazing and is clearly missed.