You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

Fifa have rejected Barcelona's appeal against their transfer ban.  Couldn't have rejected that at the start of the window you cunts.

That's pathetic. They've spent the thick end of £200m while the ban was temporarily lifted, can carry on spending and signing who the fuck they like during this transfer window and been fined a paltry £300k (or "a week's Rooney", if you prefer). It fucking stinks. I hope they all catch shithouse aids.

Which is why I said this.

The argument wasn't that they both wouldn't play. I'm sure that would end up happening a lot. It was that Sturridge wouldn't matter because Falcao would be a guaranteed starter. That would be shortsighted. Falcao isn't Suarez and neither is Sturridge. Even though both Sturridge and Suarez played a lot together, we were still playing with one forward a lot of the time and where Suarez didn't struggle as much going out wide as Sturridge did. Having both Falcao and Sturridge having to play out wide at times it wouldn't work out as well and would mean we would have to leave one out in my opinion. To guarantee the one to be left out is Sturridge is shortsighted.

You make some good points and I agree which is why Im not against getting eto'o in for a season, a player that is comfortable out wide but can also fill in for sturridge up front if hes injured.

Id be lieing if I said I don't want or wouldn't take falcao but I do see possible problems with him if he signed on loan like you pointed out, apart from team selection issues there is the fact hes just come back from a big injury, if he breaks down while on loan with us that is 20-25m gone with nothing to show for it.

Sturridge is the future of lfc and keeping him happy is important, if a striker was to come in that would threaten his place Id prefer they were a permanent signing so we don't end up in a situation next summer were sturridge is unhappy and the other striker returns to their team after the loan finishes.

Balotelli shit all over Twitter. Steer well clear, you can have all the talent in the world but means sweet FA if there is no desire, application, a me only attitude and a poor mentality.

I'd have confidence in Rodgers to sort him out actually. Think it was reported that Galliani had said there were no bids from us tho.

Simply put, if the choice is Balotelli or Borini- there isn't really a debate. Fabio is probably a sound lad, he clearly likes it here and his attitude on the pitch is spot on. But we are entering the CL after a long absence and re-establishing our top 4 credentials, at the very least, is the priority. To succeed with this you need a few top notch forwards as goals are the name of the game.

If it's Balotelli or nobody, or Balotelli or Borini - The answer is Balotelli.

• Upvote 11