You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

4 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

The Long Shadow. 9/10

Quality true life drama about the Yorkshire ripper. The story told from a victims perspective. Vaguely remember this when it was happening so it was good to get the full story.

Police in Yorkshire fucking up big time, who would have thought that?

We watched the first episode of it last night. 

I vaguely remember it too, stronger memories of the later murders and posters on buses/ trains etc for information.

Those poor kids though. Heartbreaking.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Harry's Lad said:

We watched the first episode of it last night. 

I vaguely remember it too, stronger memories of the later murders and posters on buses/ trains etc for information.

Those poor kids though. Heartbreaking.

Deffo mate, the kids cut me in half, so sad.

Her story was sadly a refection of the times...  fuckin grim and getting lined up to break the unions/working class.

Do yourself a favour and don't read up on it.

5 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

The Long Shadow. 9/10

Quality true life drama about the Yorkshire ripper. The story told from a victims perspective. Vaguely remember this when it was happening so it was good to get the full story.

Police in Yorkshire fucking up big time, who would have thought that?

Watch the Ripper Files on BBC IPlayer. A 3 part documentary on how sexist and incompetent the police were.

It is genuinely enraging

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, redheart said:

Watch the Ripper Files on BBC IPlayer. A 3 part documentary on how sexist and incompetent the police were.

It is genuinely enraging

Cheers mate I will have a look although me and the missus where talking about that last night  Think it was a sign of the police tactics at the time, that and tunnel vision!

On 17/11/2023 at 21:53, Arniepie said:

hyper normalisation

bit of a precursor to can’t get you out of my head.

9/10

I have sat through it three times.  Just when I grasp it, another bit throws me off...!

But as a taster for the uninitiated, two short excerpts:

"Shapeshifting" an excerpt from HyperNormalisation by Adam Curtis

Dream Baby Dream (Suicide) in Hypernormalisation

10 hours ago, razor said:

I have sat through it three times.  Just when I grasp it, another bit throws me off...!

But as a taster for the uninitiated, two short excerpts:

"Shapeshifting" an excerpt from HyperNormalisation by Adam Curtis

Dream Baby Dream (Suicide) in Hypernormalisation

Have you seen can't get you out of my head?

3 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Them hunting the ripper would still have fucked it.

" we have a video of him, in his size 7s hitting a prostitute over the head with a hammer" 

"but does he have a fucking geordie accent?"

"We've matched his semen found on one of the victims, sarge."

"Unless it's Geordie semen, you can fuck off."

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, skend04 said:

Started a couple of shows recently that are quite promising. 

Culprits, a heist show on Disney+ with the delectable Gemma Arterton, and Monarch on Apple TV with the Godzilla universe and Kurt Russell. Easy, don't have to engage the brain too much in autumn/winter, TV. 

I binged Culprits in just over a day.  I mostly enjoyed it. 

Halfway through the first episode of Monarch, I’m enjoying it so far.

5 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Have you seen can't get you out of my head?

I have.  And Bitter Lake is also on iPlayer.  Lots of Curtis' other stuff is on YouTube, too.

Commentary without opinion, unrelated montages of stock footage, great songs...  

He is an auteur.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, razor said:

I have.  And Bitter Lake is also on iPlayer.  Lots of Curtis' other stuff is on YouTube, too.

Commentary without opinion, unrelated montages of stock footage, great songs...  

He is an auteur.

That is truly brain melting stuff there.

The footage he uses and the way he ties everything in is phenomenal 

I need a series of something good to watch that’s just 30 or 40 minute episodes and mindless but good.

probably drama cause most comedy series don’t make me laugh and I just want something I can shove on to help switch off a bit while I have my tea.

don’t care if it’s new or a bit ago, as long as I can find it on kodi easily enough.

hit me.

23 minutes ago, Bob said:

I need a series of something good to watch that’s just 30 or 40 minute episodes and mindless but good.

probably drama cause most comedy series don’t make me laugh and I just want something I can shove on to help switch off a bit while I have my tea.

don’t care if it’s new or a bit ago, as long as I can find it on kodi easily enough.

hit me.

I assume you've seen Mr Inbetween? 

• Upvote 1