You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Oh, so Total Longo’s mate is a liar, is he? 

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Definitely, his mate is taking the absolute piss out of him. 

Bet he's laughing behind Total Longo's back and telling all his other mates what a mug he's made of him.

• Upvote 1

Masters of the Air went with characters that were too All American and unlikeable. Visually stunning and told the horrors of flying bombers in WW2, but should have been much better. 
Memphis Belle had already shown most of those horrors though. 
On the back of this I watched Band of Brothers and The Pacific again, superb shows. 
Episode 10 of BofB, is one of the most powerful things I’ve seen, really gets to the heart strings and makes you cry, not just for the prisoners but for the  shock and dis-belief of the soldiers having to witness that.

• Upvote 1

Not seen anyone mention How To with John Wilson, it’s on iPlayer. 
18 episodes just under 30 mins long. 

It’s a comedy documentary where he starts an episode with a random idea like How to throw out your batteries and he takes to the streets of New York with his camera filming people, talking to people and it veers from the insane to the ludicrous and somehow fits comedy, darkness and sadness into each episode.
A bit like Louis Theroux with a handheld camera. 

The Regime with Kate Winslet and Hugh grant pops in for an episode. 7/10. A batshit dramedy, which is essentially a love story wrapped up in a mental story about a woman running a central European state while being insane. While I was watching it, I kept wondering why I liked it and didn't know. But it was easy to watch (in fact I watched in in just 4 of 5 nights) even if it was a little predictable at the end. 

6 hours ago, diamondjoe said:

Shogun. It's good but Jesus Christ,it's slow. Glacial paced would be an understatement. 

I'd argue that it's good, it isn't. Everyone is a miserable cunt, there's hardly any action, Mariko is a total fucking head buster and Toranaga-sama is a massive incompetent with a sniffle.

Looks great but 2/10

Blue Lights S2 - 8.5/10

Absolutely brilliant show this. Great characters, story and performances. The Irish making some immense stuff lately.

3 episodes into Baby Reindeer, it's captivating and a little scary how mental the stalker is. Don't be nice to weird people is the lesson here.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

It’s really good. It’s gets darker. There’s a bit of an issue of twitter today trying to identify the characters. 

Yeah saw that.

Ironically, the wrong people may get stalked instead. She's obviously mentally ill, she's likely in a mental health unit.

The writer needs calling out probably done it to countless others after an investigation first though, if indeed guilty.

The shows great though, dark but also hilarious at times.

I'm enjoying Masters of the Air far more than I thought I would. Yes,there is a bit of 'The Yanks are coming to Save the Day' to it but being honest they pretty much did!  A few dodgy US accents from British actors but it's well made,well acted (mostly) and the CGI is brilliant. It's just a shame that I know how it ends! Seriously though,Apple TV stuff is becoming the 'Go to' tv series stuff at the moment.

23 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I'm enjoying Masters of the Air far more than I thought I would. Yes,there is a bit of 'The Yanks are coming to Save the Day' to it but being honest they pretty much did!  A few dodgy US accents from British actors but it's well made,well acted (mostly) and the CGI is brilliant. It's just a shame that I know how it ends! Seriously though,Apple TV stuff is becoming the 'Go to' tv series stuff at the moment.

Maybe they'll let the Germans win to surprise you.

11 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Finished Baby Reindeer. Fuck me that was intense. Just brilliant. 

Yeah, excellent show. His acting in episode 6 whilst on stage was top class.

You can't help but to admire the guy to reveal his entire soul and trauma to the world, you can tell he didn't hide anything at all.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the first episode of Mammoth on BBC.

Comedy about a 1970’s PE Teacher who miraculously comes back to life in 2024.

Her out of Car Share is in it, as is the Butler from The Fresh Prince of Bell Air.

I expected it to be shit, I was just killing time. 

Maybe because of my low expectations I actually quite enjoyed it. I will certainly watch at least another episode. 

Could go either way.