You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I started Waco The Aftermath today. The story covers what you might imagine, the trial of the branch davidians and the whole thing with the white supremacists leading up to the Timothy McVeigh bombing h plus some flashbacks to when Koresh joined the compound. It's a good cast too (Michael Shannon, J Smith-Cameron, Gary Cole, David Costabile, Shea Whingham). 1st 2 episodes 8/10. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

It's lost most of it's comedic element and is taking itself too seriously at times. The girlfriend is annoying as fuck too.

I still find it funny and like the current story (without giving anything away).

Watched The Essex Murders documentary yesterday and thought it was pretty interesting. The editing seemed a bit ropey but it was decent viewing. I don't think too many tears have been shed over the scumbags murdered but the events surrounding it have attracted a fair amount of crazies into it's orbit.

On 28/04/2023 at 17:20, manwiththestick said:

Citadel.

New Amazon offering from the Russo brothers.

First episode watched, starts with shite CGI, gets worse.

Swerve.

Watched this first episode as well.

Absolute garbage from start to finish. Looks like it probably cost them 200 million or so to make a full season of this, but you'd think you'd spend SOME of the money paying someone to write a coherent and interesting story! The overall plot is just total mush - super spies who just want to make the world better vs. a coalition of villains whose motivation for terrorism is never even hinted at. Plus the most cliche amnesia story you've ever seen mixed in for good measure.

Swerve indeed.

On 25/04/2023 at 13:09, Barrington Womble said:

i finished it last night, probably a 7.5 for me but raised to an 8 because of keri russell. 

i wasn't too fussed on the ending, simply because of the clumsy way they leave it open for a season 2 we don't know we're getting yet. if they're not sure of a season 2, they need to finish it differently for me. 

I actually chuckled at the reveal of the final episode. Was a solid 7.5/10 until that silliness. I kind of liked the twist, though. Why not, eh?

Outlast

Netflix survival show which owes everything to Alone, the only difference being that this involves teamwork.

I blasted through all 8 episodes in a couple of days simply because the cuntishness was so extreme that I was desperate to see some of the participants being savaged to death by bears.

If you liked Alone then I dare say that you'll really dig this.

7/10

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Outlast

Netflix survival show which owes everything to Alone, the only difference being that this involves teamwork.

I blasted through all 8 episodes in a couple of days simply because the cuntishness was so extreme that I was desperate to see some of the participants being savaged to death by bears.

If you liked Alone then I dare say that you'll really dig this.

7/10

Il’l give this a go as I’ve just blitzed through 9 seasons of Alone in about 6 weeks. 

Highlights being Raymond taking down a musk ox, and people tapping after day 1 when they were full of bravado until your makeshift camp is surrounded by bears/wolves/mice. 

• Upvote 1