You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Malaysian Boeing 777 goes missing

Red Banjo

In the interests of the forum I have consulted with my friends brother who is a former RAF pilot and has spent the last 20 yrs working for Virgin as a pilot - he thinks there was a fire caused by the lithium batteries they had in their cargo - which most airlines refuse to transport. Normal fire theory - pilot changed course but was ultimately overcome by fumes - extinguishers put the fire out and plan carried on until it crashed into the sea.

Why was the transponder switched off in that case?

• Upvote 1

A good theory but if it was a fire i would have thought wreckage would have been visible due to the structure being weakened and impact with the water?

I do accept the ocean is massive but I am surprised at no floating wreckage of any sort.

So what's your theory as to where the wreckage is?  That's if you believe the plane is no longer intact.

Btw, I'm not being smart.

And what about that fella who had the phone surreptitiously secreted up his arse ?

Is that not where everyone keeps them? I've been doing it wrong.

Oh, and aliens.

Ant and dec are aliens

Ant at least. You don't get a head like that without being of extraterrestrial origin. I call him "half face head". Because his face only covers half of the front of his head. The rest of it is forehead. Which is more like a twenty forehead.

So what's your theory as to where the wreckage is? That's if you believe the plane is no longer intact.

Btw, I'm not being smart.

I have no idea mate. I am surprised that if it is in one piece that nobody has claimed responsibility otherwise it seems extremely pointless.

Got it!

It was Alexander Armstrong and his lanky mate. (No,not Champ's son. The other one.)

• 2 weeks later...