You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There is nothing wrong with our midfield

Pureblood

That performance from him tonight has been a long time coming. You can get away with playing this fucking fraud when you can afford to drop points because you arent good enough to win anything. Tonight though was the prime example if why he needs fucking off.

There was so many things wrong with it I don't even know where to begin. Straight from the first minute you knew what was coming. That shocking pass forward, the failure to pick up his man and then not close the cross down. He's a fucking passenger and is a relic of the torrid football we use to play. The amount of times he was appearing a yard away from players just in the way when we had the ball was laughable. His complete lack of urgency to close down and press when not in possession wasn't funny and is what cost us the game in my opinion. He needs fucking off.

The few times he did get forward he nearly fell his own feet due to the shit falling out of his arse. I've never been as pissed off with him before as I was watching him in that game tonight. All his bad sides accumulated into that fucking mess and he should never play for the club again. Crystal Palace players were walking past him with the ball not even fucking running, WALKING. Fucking horrible crab of a footballer. Separately I thought Joe Allen had a great game.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

That performance from him tonight has been a long time coming. You can get away with playing this fucking fraud when you can afford to drop points because you arent good enough to win anything. Tonight though was the prime example if why he needs fucking off.

There was so many things wrong with it I don't even know where to begin. Straight from the first minute you knew what was coming. That shocking pass forward, the failure to pick up his man and then not close the cross down. He's a fucking passenger and is a relic of the torrid football we use to play. The amount of times he was appearing a yard away from players just in the way when we had the ball was laughable. His complete lack of urgency to close down and press when not in possession wasn't funny and is what cost us the game in my opinion. He needs fucking off.

The few times he did get forward he nearly fell his own feet due to the shit falling out of his arse. I've never been as pissed off with him before as I was watching him in that game tonight. All his bad sides accumulated into that fucking mess and he should never play for the club again. Crystal Palace players were walking past him with the ball not even fucking running, WALKING. Fucking horrible crab of a footballer. Separately I thought Joe Allen had a great game.

If i could rep this one hundred times i would, perfectly summed up.

The issue is we could all see he needed to be taken off and this was in the first half.  Is the like of Alberto (was he even on the bench) so shit he can't get a game ahead of Lucas.  Anyone seen Alberto in the reserves if he even gets a game for them?

Alberto's meant to be more attacking anyway isn't he? Should have been hooked for Coutinho rather than Raheem. Top guy Lucas and shame the injuries fucked him but I think he's a squad player at best in Rodger's set up now, I suppose he could still be carrying a knock but today was ridiculous and we need better.

Not really defending our midfield per se(I still think Gerrard is nothing more than a stop gap DM personally) but our defence has cost us throughout the whole season as even before the game it was City's conceeding less that put them in the driving seat once we lost to Chelsea.

Nothing to do with the topic of the thread but the amount of times Ive seen teams go off the boil once a long run of great form comes to an end is countless and their confidence becomes fragile.

How many people's memories jumped back to the FA Cup Semi Final in 1990 at Villa Park after their first goal went in last night?