You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

little things that annoy the shit out of you

boots123

Bought a new electronic magic voice box yesterday.  Worked like a dream for about 3 hours, then in a tribute to the year's blockbuster film, has remained steadfastly frozen since.  Now I've got to get into the recycling bin to retrieve packaging, and haul my sorry ass back to a packed music shop to return it.  Bollocks.

People who use 'lol' in texts or everyday language. On top of that people who use lol for non funny comments or texts, such as "Got to go the shops today, gonna be busy lol!"

Kill them all with fire.

23-face-with-tears-of-joy.png

Seeing this fucking things annoys me more. Especially seeing about 5 of them and the phrase 'can't cope' with a link to some fucking meme or some shit. Funnily enough these people in real life never actually seem to laugh. At anything. Until their mate sends them a snapchat obviously, which is of them with a shoe on their heads or a vine of a bloke pulling faces and talking in silly voices.

Make it fucking stop.  

• Upvote 1

People who use 'lol' in texts or everyday language. On top of that people who use lol for non funny comments or texts, such as "Got to go the shops today, gonna be busy lol!"

Kill them all with fire.

Some cockney I know ended a text to me the other week with 'Looool'. He's 25. I thought he was a sound lad up until that exact moment when I realised he's a twat.

Fucking micropubs. Yeah lets pay 4.50 for a pint because everyone else is. No craic whatsoever, just well-groomed knobheads thinking they'd made it because they're paying more money than the average gadgie at a spoons. 
One opened round here early this year (there's about 6 of them now on the same street) got talking to the bloke pulling the pints about music. Turns out he was going to Glastonbury, asked him who he was looking forward to seeing;

'errrm.. probably the Rolling Stones!'
- ahhh are they playing again this year? I thought they played last year 
'Oh yeah yeah haha, not them.. there's quite a few tbh my mind's just gone blank! .... Metallica?' (he says/asks)

Realising this conversations was going nowhere and he was the type that went to festivals just because, I finished my house cider (the kind that just seems to sit on top of your stomach for ages) and left never wanting to return. Few of mate's buzz of it though and go most weeks. Fair enough there's more quim than your average pub, but when you're surrounded by soft lads chatting about fuck knows what, I think I'd rather just go to a Weatherspoons personally. 

People who disagreed with you for the sake of it. I know people who no matter what you say or recommend will automatically disagree.

I have had people argue with me over the most trivial things and even as you tell them you don't particularly care they still carry on

My ma's fella is like that. Gobshite he is. Also he throws in snidey shit. My ma asked me for a lift to a party they were going to. We'd bought a brand new car that day and when driving to the party I took the way I always go. "Oh going the long way to show your new car off?!" he pipes up. Well er, no. I always go this way, and so does my ma, so either you know a mystical new way or you go the scenic route. He starts spouting off about the way I'm going which is completely wrong, and when I got there in 15 minutes compared to his "the other ways only 20 mins" way he then said I touched lucky because there was no traffic. Arsehole.
  • Upvote 2

My ma's fella is like that. Gobshite he is. Also he throws in snidey shit. My ma asked me for a lift to a party they were going to. We'd bought a brand new car that day and when driving to the party I took the way I always go. "Oh going the long way to show your new car off?!" he pipes up. Well er, no. I always go this way, and so does my ma, so either you know a mystical new way or you go the scenic route. He starts spouting off about the way I'm going which is completely wrong, and when I got there in 15 minutes compared to his "the other ways only 20 mins" way he then said I touched lucky because there was no traffic. Arsehole.

Plus he's banging yer ma. Must smart a bit?

Where the fucking fuck did Superdry, Weird Fish and Animal clothes shops spring up from?

I had the misfortune to visit these shops today looking to buy a coat. First of all I don't want a fucking coat with the name of the shop I bought it from plastered all over the fucking thing and secondly I dont want to pay double the price for the fucking privilege. 

• Upvote 1

Where the fucking fuck did Superdry, Weird Fish and Animal clothes shops spring up from?

I had the misfortune to visit these shops today looking to buy a coat. First of all I don't want a fucking coat with the name of the shop I bought it from plastered all over the fucking thing and secondly I dont want to pay double the price for the fucking privilege. 

Not sure what sort of coat you want, but are there any Open stores in your area (that's the name of the store by the way)? I bought a coat from them last week.

People who disagreed with you for the sake of it. I know people who no matter what you say or recommend will automatically disagree.

I have had people argue with me over the most trivial things and even as you tell them you don't particularly care they still carry on

A fella I worked with was like that, he would deliberately disagree with virtually everyone simply for the sake of being controversial. At one point he refused to make minor amendments to his work that I had told him to do. He then basically argued the toss over mindless shite and even started trying to bargain with me by saying he would do some amendments only if I agreed to ignore some of his mistakes. I basically told him to fuck off and told him to do his job as I was a grade higher than him.

He then decided to take this "matter" to the senior managers who sided with me and gave him a verbal warning for refusing to do his job.

We fucked him off to another department where he suddenly decided one day that he couldn't do what certain managers were telling him to do. I'm still amazed how he hasn't been sacked or had his head kicked in about 600 times.

A fella I worked with was like that, he would deliberately disagree with virtually everyone simply for the sake of being controversial. At one point he refused to make minor amendments to his work that I had told him to do. He then basically argued the toss over mindless shite and even started trying to bargain with me by saying he would do some amendments only if I agreed to ignore some of his mistakes. I basically told him to fuck off and told him to do his job as I was a grade higher than him.

He then decided to take this "matter" to the senior managers who sided with me and gave him a verbal warning for refusing to do his job.

We fucked him off to another department where he suddenly decided one day that he couldn't do what certain managers were telling him to do. I'm still amazed how he hasn't been sacked or had his head kicked in about 600 times.

His names not Tom, is it?

• Upvote 1

Not sure what sort of coat you want, but are there any Open stores in your area (that's the name of the store by the way)? I bought a coat from them last week.

Thanks for that, the nearest store is from me is in Bristol about 180 miles away, but the site looks good. I might chance it and order online

Colloquialisms and slang terms which are so close to being the actual word that they have no reason or benefit and in fact make life more difficult for all involved.

Someone on here recently posted the word 'boxies' instead of 'boxers'. Same number of letters, same number of syllables and certainly no easier to read or say, plus definitely not in any phone or computer standard dictionary.

Down with this sort of thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

People asking for advice then getting a huff on when you give them it straight. 

My mate said something to upset his ex on boxing day, asked what he should do, I told him to just text her and say sorry. He says he's going to buy her roses instead. I told him that was the worst idea I've ever heard, especially considering she's still into him, he says 'nah because she likes them' 

He didn't seem to understand buying a girl that isn't over you fucking roses is something an absolute idiot would do. I told him he might as well tell her he wants to get back together because that's the message she'll get if you buy her fucking roses. He just told me to keep out of it. 

Fucking idiot.