You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

PFA Player of the Year

Red Banjo

Who will get the nod?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Who will get the nod?

• Gareth Bale
    • Robin van Persie
    • Luis Suarez
    • Michu
    • Juan Mata
    • Theo Walcott

do you not agree that is totally hypocritical for the FA/PFA to ignore context in recent cases and issue bans for using racial language as opposed to actual racism then laugh at jokes including the same words?

Both the FA and PFA are seperate bodies, so what the FA do, and decide to do isn't really relevant to the PFA.

The problem has always been - white people, particularly middle class white people talking about racism. Which tends to be focussed upon what makes them uncomfortable.

My opinion is that it was a disgrace that Paul Elliot was asked to leave his position by the FA and that Reg Hunter would probably have never given Suarez an 8 game ban!

Last year, after the publication of the FA's report on the Suarez case and after 'handshake-gate', I said something to the effect that it wouldn't be long before all those self-serving sycophantic gobshites who jumped on the faux-moralising anti-Suarez bandwagon would make complete tits of themselves in the most hypocritical and completely-lacking-in-self-awareness manner. They would be the same people who wanted Suarez, Liverpool and the Liverpool fans to just accept it and move on, and I made a point of always referencing the term 'moving on' in quotation marks to emphasise what a bullshit vacuous phrase it is and how nobody will let go and will bring up the past whenever it suits them.

That is why the events of the past 24 hours or so do not surprise me one bit. I am absolutely positive that an attempt to bury this has already begun and that we will see one or two statements from those very same hypocritical gobshites that effectively downplay the whole matter and make light of it. One reason they can do so is because the media will allow it, and another reason is that they won't have charges hanging against them to be heard by an 'independent' panel that has already been told to bury the hatchet.

'Moving on'? Don't make me laugh.

Both the FA and PFA are seperate bodies, so what the FA do, and decide to do isn't really relevant to the PFA.

The problem has always been - white people, particularly middle class white people talking about racism. Which tends to be focussed upon what makes them uncomfortable.

My opinion is that it was a disgrace that Paul Elliot was asked to leave his position by the FA and that Reg Hunter would probably have never given Suarez an 8 game ban!

I have no issue with what Reg Hunter does to be honest its just all hypocrisy from governing bodies who have condemed the same thing when it suits them, the PFA and its members have chosen to hang Suarez out to dry without knowing the facts, they're as bad as the FA in my opinion

Edited by fowler9

Last year, after the publication of the FA's report on the Suarez case and after 'handshake-gate', I said something to the effect that it wouldn't be long before all those self-serving sycophantic gobshites who jumped on the faux-moralising anti-Suarez bandwagon would make complete tits of themselves in the most hypocritical and completely-lacking-in-self-awareness manner. They would be the same people who wanted Suarez, Liverpool and the Liverpool fans to just accept it and move on, and I made a point of always referencing the term 'moving on' in quotation marks to emphasise what a bullshit vacuous phrase it is and how nobody will let go and will bring up the past whenever it suits them.

That is why the events of the past 24 hours or so do not surprise me one bit. I am absolutely positive that an attempt to bury this has already begun and that we will see one or two statements from those very same hypocritical gobshites that effectively downplay the whole matter and make light of it. One reason they can do so is because the media will allow it, and another reason is that they won't have charges hanging against them to be heard by an 'independent' panel that has already been told to bury the hatchet.

'Moving on'? Don't make me laugh.

Well the main reason is nobody will challenge them on that. I know you've addressed that by saying the media will allow it. But relying on the media to do anything that doesn't serve their self interests is pointless.

Liverpool football club, issuing a statement directly challenging the hypocrisy of what went on last night would make headlines that would sell papers which the media would at least print. They might then wheel out tonnes of columnists to tell us how wrong we are. But at least, at fucking least we would have fired a warning shot back at them letting them know we won't be walked all over.

If we don't start doing that, it won't end with Suarez if he leaves. We've become an easy target. And they won't let up unless we sting them back,

I have no issue with what Reg Hunter does to be honest its just all hypocrisy from governing bodies who have condemed the same thing when it suits them, the PFA and its members have chosen to hang Suarez out to dry without knowing the facts, their as bad as the FA in my opinion

I agree totally with the hypocrisy - just don't know what good it does us? Notice that Martin Samuel has described John Barnes as one of the most intelligent and insightful people regarding race and racism - to defend Terry! Yet, Barnes was completely ignored last season when talking about Luis - because he didn't fit the narrative.

Well the main reason is nobody will challenge them on that. I know you've addressed that by saying the media will allow it. But relying on the media to do anything that doesn't serve their self interests is pointless.

Liverpool football club, issuing a statement directly challenging the hypocrisy of what went on last night would make headlines that would sell papers which the media would at least print. They might then wheel out tonnes of columnists to tell us how wrong we are. But at least, at fucking least we would have fired a warning shot back at them letting them know we won't be walked all over.

If we don't start doing that, it won't end with Suarez if he leaves. We've become an easy target. And they won't let up unless we sting them back,

a very good idea, one of the few ways the club can fight back, and it should

Very annoyed by the complete cunts who booed Suarez. Absolutely disgusting. Probably the shitter players who can only dream of being as good as Luis.

The treatment he's getting from all sides, the players, the media, the Tory cunt stain of a PM, is appalling and I would not blame Luis one bit if he decides to leave English football.

No real surprise. Players don't like getting bitten, black players don't like to be racially abused so Luis had alienated a significant tranche of the voting caucus.

I posted before that i was bemused by why so many seemed to think this was important. Very few LFC players have won this in the past, and we were never that bothered about it before. It is a member's club vote, no more, no less.

Some are suggesting this may make him leave with bayern the obvious destination because of the Guardiola connection. But the ban is the ban, and the Germans are as sensitive to biting and racism as anyone.Any idea that his previous will be no issue in Germany is mistaken.

We need Luis, he needs us.