You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gatland was on the Rugby Club this week chatting about the Lions.

They asked him when the last time he had a back as a captain... he said he has never picked a back as captain. So I think that rules BOD out of the captaincy race.

He said he is only going to take two number 10s as he wants them to have as much action before the tests, but he would probably have another back who was able to play as a number 10 as a third option.

He said some of the England players vs Wales showed they probably aren't ready. Not sure who that is related to - maybe Farrell? or Robshaw?

He also said he wasn't scared to pick young players or ones with little experience.

The rugby club panel were chatting about Wade and saying they all think he has a great chance of going, as he is a real finisher.

They all fancied O'Connell to be on the plane and Gatland said he was going to watch him again this weekend.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sexton, Farrell and Hook as utility player would be my bet.

Yeah I'd be happy with that.

Did Gatland work with Wade at Wasps? Just watched the highlights of Wasps vs Leinster last weekend and Wade was brilliant, so much pace. Reminded me of Jason Robinson.

Yeah I'd be happy with that.

Did Gatland work with Wade at Wasps? Just watched the highlights of Wasps vs Leinster last weekend and Wade was brilliant, so much pace. Reminded me of Jason Robinson.

Don't know the answer to that one. But I'm pretty sure that Gatland will go for experience unless someone is exceptionally promising.

Don't know the answer to that one. But I'm pretty sure that Gatland will go for experience unless someone is exceptionally promising.

I agree with experience.

But I think the weakest part of the Lions Squad is the wingers. North is probably a shoe-in, but even he hasn't been at his best this season. Bowe seems to be getting back to fitness, which would help. But other than those two, I don't see much quality and most Lions tours have a surprise package. I could see Wade being this years.

I agree with experience.

But I think the weakest part of the Lions Squad is the wingers. North is probably a shoe-in, but even he hasn't been at his best this season. Bowe seems to be getting back to fitness, which would help. But other than those two, I don't see much quality and most Lions tours have a surprise package. I could see Wade being this years.

What about Zebo? Surely he will be on the plane.

What about Zebo? Surely he will be on the plane.

Yeah I would have thought so.

Certainly have him over Ashton, who has been poor for a while.

Watched that episode of rugby club last night and their section on the wasps game really annoyed me. Wade is very good attacking yes and has a big future but his defense is hardly international quality in a position where there is already around 7 contenders ahead of him, yet the three of them thought he could/should go as a bolter. Meanwhile there was no mention of Madigan who in the very same game scored 28 of Leinster's 48 points. The guy has a record of 6t 22c and 31p so far this season in the Rabbo, leading the league in the scoring and can play both fullback and 10.

[YOUTUBE]rOPMI54F5Kg[/YOUTUBE]

Shame Williams was hardly good defensively. The Lions should be wanting the wingers to finish chances and he looks like one of the best options to do that.

He might not be a starter, but he is worth a punt in the squad.

But there is already ashton(cunt) Zebo Bowe Gilroy North Cuthburt Visser and Hogg to consider to cover the wings. I wouldn't be unhappy to see him go I prefer wingers like him Zebo and Gilroy but he's got a lot of competition

Yeah lots of competition, no one outstanding though.

Ashton shouldn't go.

• 2 weeks later...