You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kevin Keegan is facing criticism after telling an audience of fans he does not like listening to “lady footballers” talk about the England men’s team.

The former England manager made the comments to a room of around 250 people at an An Evening With Kevin Keegan event in Bristol last week and said he had a “problem” with female pundits giving their opinions on men’s football.

5628ca3da9e9fa51770e5c1efb46a2d7b07a9d00.gif

28 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Hes entitled to his opinion 

And he's not wrong either. They're constantly trying to compare the experiences of women who've played most of their career in front of crowds barely bigger than Saturday league, to what male footballers deal with at the very top. There's simply no comparison and their opinion is no more valid than anyone who's played the game. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 05/10/2023 at 01:26, Barrington Womble said:

And he's not wrong either. They're constantly trying to compare the experiences of women who've played most of their career in front of crowds barely bigger than Saturday league, to what male footballers deal with at the very top. There's simply no comparison and their opinion is no more valid than anyone who's played the game. 

The fake "geezer" accents, the overfamiliarity with other pundits "Wrigh'yyyyyy" and add in the women's footballer who is everywhere like shit in a field at the minute, Jill Scott is it? I don't dislike Jill Scott, for the record, I'm just sick of seeing her on everything. She has more redeeming factors though than Captain Tom, when he was everywhere, and that old sod used to boil my piss.

Not for me, Clive. 

• Haha 1

Quite depressing, though not surprising, to listen to Carragher's interview with Neil Jones. He really seems to believe that masses of fans regard Sky as some kind of magical place, and punditry as a rare science which all viewers revere as a crucial means of enlightenment. The fact that most people switch off when the pundits are on or go off for a pee seems absolutely beyond him.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

Micah Richard’s saying “Everton were really good today” on Saturday evening made me laugh. 

He’s half-right. They were good at the defending part of the game and made us work very hard to break them down. 

4 minutes ago, aws said:

He’s half-right. They were good at the defending part of the game and made us work very hard to break them down. 

While true, I don’t count a side having 1 shot on target, an absolute pea roller in the first few minutes, as a good performance. 

Forest, Luton and Brentford will all offer significantly more than Everton did. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Has there ever been a worse telly panel than tonight on TNT? 

Fuck me. 

I put music on at half time & left it on for the second half, fuck listening to that*

*I'm referring to the female co-commentator btw, as opposed to the pundits 

10 minutes ago, Mook said:

I put music on at half time & left it on for the second half, fuck listening to that*

*I'm referring to the female co-commentator btw, as opposed to the pundits 

Joe Cole has just slated the Toulouse defence for not pushing up to the HALF WAY LINE for the Endo goal. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

If anyone ever wonders why Souness got fucked off from Sky. It's because of Gary shithouse

Souness was on Second Captain's live podcast a few months ago and was asked about this. Exact quote from him - "Poor old Gary, he doesn't get much right, does he?"

• Upvote 1