You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

24 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I listen without sound,if possible. I wish I could just use the crowd noise but Sky withdrew that option long ago,probably because it was more successful than an idiot commentator and know nothing pundits.

In the days of card sharing I remember watching a champions league game on Sky Italia were you had the option of listening without some idiot churning out the usual shite it was heaven , thank god Amazon prime offer it now I wish everyone would do it but as you say it was probably too successful. 

Tyler has ruined numerous games for me with his bias and incessant opinionated drivel . He has taken it upon himself to interpret what the viewer is seeing rather than reporting what is happening and giving people the opportunity to form a coherent thought of their own . Unfortunately others have followed and the majority of pundit fraternity are now a complete waste of oxygen. Good riddance to Tyler but regrettably he has left his shitstain in every commentary box in the PL 

When there is a chance and he expects a goal, one thing Drury does do that annoys me is, for example…

AND Salah…

AND Firmino…

AND Nunez…

AND Gakpo…

AND Jota…

He really emphasises the AND, overly anticipating his next word will be “GOAL” or “SCORES”.

Still, it’s better than old sour puss Tyler. 

• 2 months later...
13 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

he's a fucking dickhead isn't he? but otherwise i am finding it mostly less offensive this year with the other pundits. and gary neville was genuinely (but not intentionally ) funny yesterday. 

I don't usually watch him, but fuck me.

"A club like Manchester united scrambling around with FFP, spending like a mid-table club - this is Manchester United!"

"But Gary, only Chelsea have spent more."

"Of course, this is Manchester United! They've got an annual turnover of £500m! This is Manchester United!"

The pundit's brain is missing.

• Upvote 1

I was looking forward Peter Drury joining Sky. His commentary for highlights was really good, he sounded genuinely enthusiastic, good use of language and very clear in describing the moment. A handful of games in and already he's grating on me, describing corners or throw in's like someone had just landed on the moon.