You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers In

Monster Masch

Code you mong, it was nigh on impossible last year to get 4th, but that didn't stop you boring us all to death with a thread on how it was possible and that we could basically win every game left and just get it. The only difference this year is that you quite clearly have an agenda against the manager.

Strange comment.

So everyone who said it was not possible last year had an agenda against Kenny then going by this logic.

Its possible to get 4th as long as we still have a chance top get 68 points.

The difference between last season and this season for me is that Kenny gave me reason to believe we could beat everyone on our day since we did exactly that.

Seeing as we have not beaten anyone in the top 10 this season and are knocked out of both cups I dont have that belief this season.

So I'm going with the more logical approach of saying its not possible.

Strange comment.

So everyone who said it was not possible last year had an agenda against Kenny then going by this logic.

Its possible to get 4th as long as we still have a chance top get 68 points.

The difference between last season and this season for me is that Kenny gave me reason to believe we could beat everyone on our day since we did exactly that.

Seeing as we have not beaten anyone in the top 10 this season and are knocked out of both cups I dont have that belief this season.

So I'm going with the more logical approach of saying its not possible.

bd4.gif

It's a real shame we couldn't secure the points from the last two games.We have looked good for 3rd IMO.Chelsea all over the shop and we would have been the firm side.Not given up hope yet but it will be a hard task to nab top 4.

Shame but there have been some signs of progress and some glaring weaknesses on display.

Encouraging signs overall mind.

We have used a few different formations this seasons, lets see how we have done with the different ones.

4-3-3: 13 games, 4 wins, 4 draws, 5 losses, goal diff 18-20

4-2-3-1: 10 games, 5 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses, goal diff 23-9

3-4-1-2: 1 game, 0 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses, goal diff 1-1

4-4-1-1: 1 game, 0 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses, goal diff 2-2

Its pretty obvious what suits us best, so the question is why have we played 4-3-3 so many times?

Over to you Numero.

You and your posts are so pathetically bad that I am actually beginning to enjoy them.

This I like. The old adage of "give him enough rope" has never been truer. The more he visits this thread in particular the more enjoyable I find his posts.

But he does have a better lifestyle outside of these boards than anyone here, so there's always that to fall back on.

Our league position has nothing to do with which manager we have anyway.

I present as evidence:

25qycrn.jpg

Why is there half positions on that graph?

Reading Dave's match report the other day, I was struck by how much we are kind of being blinded to results by the performance - if you were to pick 3 highlights and 3 lowpoints for this season so far, the lowpoints would include defeats (Stoke, Villa and Oldham for me), and the highlights for a lot of people may actually contain "performances" rather than results.

This is slightly worrying. However, what we have to look at is the bigger picture and the context. This isn't the 1980s vintage Liverpool. This is a team that have been in a twisted mess for many years. The reasons for that (at different times: bad buys / mismanagement / bad appointments / poor investment / player departures) are many as we all know (the only difference people have is how much emphasis they put on each).

So in that context, the fact that we're coming from a place of being a mess, the current Liverpool set up gives cause for optimism.

The best performances are on a par with the best performances from last season, the bad results probably the same.

Did I want Kenny to go? Absolutely 100% no. I was as disgusted as any other true Red who followed the team in the 70s/80s.

Am I happy with Rodgers? I didn't go jumping in early and play my hand (and you being such a brilliant poker player too, Code...watching you squirm on this thread is great entertainment - keep it coming), but I can say that having watched the team for half a season or so things are looking good, and I am optimistic. Yes, I'm happy with Rodgers.

The players are playing well in the most part, I am confident that we are moving forward into a stronger position. Rodgers has a clear vision and strategy. This is all you can ask for at this stage.

It's a long process and Rodgers is in it for the long haul.

PS Code, if you are going to neg me, fine, just don't call me a "bitch" or "cunt" as per usual. It is unbecoming and doesn't fit with that pseudo mild-mannered expert online persona you have created for yourself.

The next time Rodgers does a Q&A session that TLW is invited to, I reckon we should send Code. It would definitely have the potential to descend into violence, which would make for a very entertaining podcast.

You think Rodgers would throw a shoe at me for not respecting his religion?

I think one extreme causes people to go to the other extreme, it's pretty tiresome but you can't get rid of it as it's part of forums. Certain posters have form for this, they should have their medication increased and internet rights removed.

The jury is still out. It was never going to be easy to judge how well we're doing until the end of the season, especially since we started the season effectively handicapped.

There are some signs there since we got Sturridge that we're doing better, still early days and a lot more games to play. I'm neither reaching for the rope or cracking the champagne.

Sensible.

Indeed, we've been handicapped this season and last season.

For me, it's significant that we lost effectiveness after the Gerrard / Lucas combination was broken through Lucas's injury (last season) and we've gained some effectiveness now that they're reunited upon Lucas' return.

Add the fact that we have a proper striker now (I still consider Luis as an attacking midfielder-probably one of the best in the world, currently) and hey presto, results are improving somewhat. However, our squad is still so thin, we are one significant injury away from collapsing

We have used a few different formations this seasons, lets see how we have done with the different ones.

4-3-3: 13 games, 4 wins, 4 draws, 5 losses, goal diff 18-20

4-2-3-1: 10 games, 5 wins, 3 draws, 2 losses, goal diff 23-9

3-4-1-2: 1 game, 0 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses, goal diff 1-1

4-4-1-1: 1 game, 0 wins, 1 draw, 0 losses, goal diff 2-2

Its pretty obvious what suits us best, so the question is why have we played 4-3-3 so many times?

Over to you Numero.

Would love to see a 5-3-2 in there. We'd just kick arse.