You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers Out

Red22

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Wanker. We're suffering from the same thing we have all season. Rodgers send out a team that totally dominated Villa, but is short on quality.

Our 35m superstar striker is on loan at West Ham, our 20m winger is totally unproductive, and our new striker broke his body entering the building.

I long for the days under Rafa, but no manager is going to come in and turn this team around without signings and time.

Rodgers is quite clearly out of his depth. This is what happens when you give the job to Chelsea's Youth Team coach. I wonder what his preposterous dossier says about the current situation? Still, at least he's got Colin Pascoe (who he?) to look for advice from.

This is what happens when you sack established and previously successful managers after one poor season.

He is clearly someone with a healthy ego and that's no crime but, to talk to us about bringing pass and move to the club is so astoundingly deluded and frankly baffling that I am at a loss to explain it. To not deliver on top of that compounds the issue.

There is no reason with this squad that we are not doing better. It's a highly paid squad and full of talent. Certainly better than A Villa.

Every measure that Dalglish was castigated for can be set against Rodgers and Rodgers is found wanting. actually no, he gives great interviews to SKY.

I'm a little annoyed but I'm not an internet warrior, just so frustrated.

Not going to help.

The problems with the club run much deeper and have been present for several years.

He's not doing a great job but he's inherited a pretty poor situation.

Oh god, this canard again. He inherited a team that won a cup, nearly won another and finished seventh. He's taken this 'inheritance' and crashed out of one cup, lodged the club in mid-table mediocrity, been outwitted by most managers except those languishing at the bottom and generally looked hopelessly out of his depth. Bollocks to this kind of shifting of blame. He's fucking shit.

Guest ShoePiss
In what way is the xfactor a joke shop? It's an entertainment show I believe. Why would you plunder a joke shop and in what way does that analogy apply to Liverpool?

Bagsy the itching powder and the whoopie cushion

He's done some good things like bring through Sterling, Suso and Shelvey. But the guy is out of his depth and you can see it in the body language of senior players like Gerrard and Reina.

Gerrard is such a magnificent player and it would be a shame to see his career peter out under Rodgers. He was fortunate to work under a genius of a manager in Benitez but deserves more.

We're a mess at the moment and no amount of BR spin can disguise otherwise.

We need Rafa back.

spaz_logo_hyperactive_anxious_and_spontaneous_mousepad-p144902049235906170envq7_400.jpg

He's done some good things like bring through Sterling, Suso and Shelvey. But the guy is out of his depth and you can see it in the body language of senior players like Gerrard and Reina.

Gerrard is such a magnificent player and it would be a shame to see his career peter out under Rodgers. He was fortunate to work under a genius of a manager in Benitez but deserves more.

We're a mess at the moment and no amount of BR spin can disguise otherwise.

We need Rafa back.

Twat!

Benitez' final season, and his time at Inter, were hardly impressive. Whining about a lost leader from a few years ago is idiotic.

See what the position is at the end of the season eg is rebuilding underway, do we show promise, what was the position in the league etc.

Bad result today on top of three straight wins. If, at the end of the season, change is needed (and changing managers every year will lead nowhere), then look forward, and see if anyone can do a better job.

Or keep wittering 'Bring back Rafa' like a total halfwit.

Wanker. We're suffering from the same thing we have all season. Rodgers send out a team that totally dominated Villa, but is short on quality.

Our 35m superstar striker is on loan at West Ham, our 20m winger is totally unproductive, and our new striker broke his body entering the building.

I long for the days under Rafa, but no manager is going to come in and turn this team around without signings and time.

Totally dominated? You mean possession I assume...unless you were watching a different game to me. You keep trundling out the same bullshit excuses Hank. The fact remains, Rodgers has made a horrendous start to his time here. Questions need to be asked.

Rodgers is well out of his depth, and the writing was on the wall when he got a worse result in his first ever match as manager than Kenny did in his entire tenure. He's achieved nothing as a manager and it wouldn't shock me if he never did. And if there's a more embarrassing chant in football than our fans singing "One Brendan Rodgers", I've yet to hear it.

That said, I'm far from convinced that sacking him would achieve anything. It would cost us a fortune and the penny-pinching shower in charge would just replace him with another Brentalike cliché-spouting empty suit. If you want Shakespeare, changing monkeys at the typewriter is not the greatest tactic.

On my first night of hols in Thailand. Watched the game in the Koh San Road with 4 scousers, 3 of em Evertonians. Boss lads, but getting ripped by 3 blues because we are getting fucked by Villa is not nice.

First half I thought we were unlucky. 2nd half we were cluleless. Gotta be said better ball from Suarez to Gerrard in the first half would have led us being one up for sure.

What makes me laugh is the bellends who called for Kenny's head last year got their wish. Why fucking moan. We are where we are. Get used to it.

Kenny Dalglish on the ball, he was the greatest of them all.....

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Totally dominated? You mean possession I assume...unless you were watching a different game to me. You keep trundling out the same bullshit excuses Hank. The fact remains' date=' Rodgers has made a horrendous start to his time here. Questions need to be asked.[/quote']

Fuck off, you daft cunt. You'll be supporting City next week, so I don't give a duck what you say. He's here for the long term, I doubt you will be.

We are what we were for most of last season under Kenny: a good squad playing good football and creating lots of chances, but lacking a clinical striker to convert that into wins, and therefore not getting the results our play deserves.

Just as it was wrong to write Kenny off before he had a chance to fix that, it's wrong to do it with Rodgers.

People are showing their true colours now. And its not todays result that broke the camels back or any of the previous ones. It's because of who he replaced and because he had the audacity to try and ship out every single signing Kenny made bar one. How dare he try and turn it around.

No decision occurs in a vacuum, it has consequences.

Brendan is only in his second season of PL management and only his fourth in management overall, in the circumstances he is not doing too badly.

Last time around we were looking at the likes of Lambert, laudrup and Martinez alongside Rodgers. Next time around , with the state we are in, it could be a lot worse.

Rodgers appointment was always goin to be a gamble, odds against, but he still stnads chance of doing enough to justify his appointment.

I dont even know where to start.

Senior players were shambolic today. The 2 centre halves were out muscled by Benteke. Their concentration inside the box today was fucking awful.

Gerrard was shit as well.

Bringing Cole on was waving the white flag.

I fucking hope it wasnt the teams Christmas party tonight because if it was they need to hang their heads in shame.