You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rushie got the winner against Sheffield Wednesday at Xmas 1986 .I was in the north stand aged 15 with my best friend (a Owls fan) and when Rushie scored it took a hell of a job not to react incase I got jumped on !

When he joined Sheff Utd he trained just up the road from my house and changed in the old school pavilion that I had used (shower settings,red hot only! ) during my school days.

42 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

With a random bump, I opened this expecting to read he’d died. 

He almost did when he saw Darwins recent finishing! Replace Darwin with Rushie in this team and we would have no 20 sewn up already?

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, redinblack said:

I might have said this earlier in the thread but I cant be arsed checking, but just to restate he is the best No9 I ever saw. Bar none.

Hardest working striker I've ever seen, as well as being probably the best finisher ever.

When he was coming to the end I remember having arguments with mates who slated him every time he played. I used to have murder as they seemed to forget how fucking brilliant he actually was in his pomp.

Maybe I was the one in the wrong for trying to hold onto the past, but I just thought he deserved a bit more respect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Creator Supreme said:

Hardest working striker I've ever seen, as well as being probably the best finisher ever.

When he was coming to the end I remember having arguments with mates who slated him every time he played. I used to have murder as they seemed to forget how fucking brilliant he actually was in his pomp.

Maybe I was the one in the wrong for trying to hold onto the past, but I just thought he deserved a bit more respect.

Some people don't appreciate what they had. I can remember standing on the Kop in the 80s and some players getting dogs abuse.

With the chances we created last season he would have scored 100.

2 hours ago, redinblack said:

Some people don't appreciate what they had. I can remember standing on the Kop in the 80s and some players getting dogs abuse.

With the chances we created last season he would have scored 100.

And the rest.

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

These are his stats for when he was in his thirties and (apparently) on the slide.

For comparison, Duncan "the legend" Ferguson's best league season for Everton was that one time he scored 11.

Screenshot_2024-06-02-23-29-35-59_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

These are his stats for when he was in his thirties and (apparently) on the slide.

For comparison, Duncan "the legend" Ferguson's best league season for Everton was that one time he scored 11.

Still 1 in 4 in his last season when he was barely getting a look in.

I love seeing how into the game he gets when the cameras go on him now, and when you think he was a bloo as a kid!

Kudos to him on nabbing a younger fit bird too.

I was 11. I remember his return being the headline on Granada Reports. Didn't know anything about it until then. My brother and I were jumping around the house like idiots.

I then ran round to the corner shop and there it was, on the front of the Echo.

On 02/06/2024 at 20:49, Creator Supreme said:

Obviously he was awesome..but all careers come to an end, we probably should have pulled the plug on him before we did. 

On 02/06/2024 at 18:33, AngryOfTuebrook said:

No stat-padding pens in there either.

*Glares at Kane and Shearer*

Rush scored his first derby goal in the 1981 home game v Everton in November of that year,a 3-1 win. A fortunate rebound. In the reverse Goodison feature the following season and 12 months later he banged in four in our 5-0 win. I was fortunate to be at both games. What some people don't realise is that in both of those games we had two goals disallowed. Those scores should read 5-1 and 7-0 really!

Everton had players sent off in both fixtures also.