You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AC/DC

Bjornebye

• 1 year later...

I was reading about the night Bon Scott died this morning, loads of crackpot conspiracy theories around it but it seems he just drank too much one night & didn't wake up. Apparently this is the last photo of him with the UFO bassist, Pete Way in February 1980, he died on the 19th of that month.

UFO035.jpg

And a recent-ish interview with Alistair Kinnear, who was the last person to see him alive (& whose car he died in).

http://www.bonscott.com.au/kinnear.htm

I know people go on about 2016 being a bad year but what about 1980, Bon Scott, John Bonham, John Lennon & I think Steve McQueen died that year too, most of them in the prime of their life.

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...

Watching Muse last night at Reading Festival and they only brought out Brian Johnson for a cover of Back in Black

Place went fucking mental. I've only just got my voice back.

Nice to see him back on a stage. Just seen it's on BBC iPlayer also.

Just heard mate, class. Glad you enjoyed it you jammy bastard 

• 1 month later...

Friday on My Mind was number 1 in Australia on the day I was born and this guy was barely 20 years older than me. Pretty talented to achieve that.

• 4 weeks later...

I went the gym the other day and it was empty so I plugged in my phone and put AC/DC on full belt. We have a stereo you just use and whatever someone puts on you can’t turn off.

Anyway after a few songs I went around the corner to the cardio bit and there was this old guy, must be in his 70 he comes and walks on the treadmill.

I was most apologetic about the booming music and he said no leave it on it’s great so much so that he never put his own earphones in. He has asked me for a copy. He had never heard of AC/DC.

Universal appeal.

Absolutely gutted. Our kid will be in bits. Not many people are the Real deal but Malcolm Young is comfortably one of the ones who can. Gonna blast AC/DC out after the match until the neighbours duck walk past my window. (I know Angus was the duck walker thats not the point) 

Never really considered them, or Kiss (who I also love but not as much as AC/DC), as a heavy metal band; they are, for me, the quintessential rock 'n' roll band.

How did this get negged? (Unless for the KISS reference) I would not consider them a metal band either. 

Be an interesting poll Bon vs Brian. 

How did this get negged? (Unless for the KISS reference) I would not consider them a metal band either.

Be an interesting poll Bon vs Brian.

That would be akin to having a poll on whether people prefer eating chocolate or dog shit.