You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

AC/DC

Bjornebye

I went to Wembley in 2008 or 09 & the whole day was probably one of the best days of my life, I'd have to have gone again.

However, my wife is due to give birth the day of the Wembley gig & I can't risk going to either of the other ones.

Fuck sake.

AC/DC died in 1980.

Anyone who disagrees with this assesment can away & throw shite at themselves.

In less important news, my Dad knows Stevie Young, the cousin who's replaced Malcolm.

Saw them in '79 - Back In Black tour opener at the Sydney Cricket Ground. 40,000 of us got blasted by 70,000 watts. Couldnt hear the kettle whistle in the Bondi Beach flat for three days. Ended up grinding some random chick after the show and 3 pieces of hash chocolate cake.

As the song goes: just Giving The Dog A Bone.

All down hill from there.

• Upvote 1

Saw them in '79 - Back In Black tour opener at the Sydney Cricket Ground. 40,000 of us got blasted by 70,000 watts. Couldnt hear the kettle whistle in the Bondi Beach flat for three days. Ended up grinding some random chick after the show and 3 pieces of hash chocolate cake.

As the song goes: just Giving The Dog A Bone.

All down hill from there.

Ah yes, the famous Tarts & Tortes Tour. 

Bit pedantic but the back in black tour started in June 1980.

Having said that, I don't have a clue what happened last week.

I have to admit here, that the years 78 - 82 are bit hazy ha!!

My recollection was 79, however, I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt on the tour year.

I thought 79 because I married my aussie wife in 80, and I dont remember doing the dirty on her. Ha!

Like I said....hazy times.

According to our kid they never played sydney cricket ground but syndney show ground in 80 or 81.

Decent hash cakes then?

Damn it, he could be right ! Must have been Bowie at the cricket ground...or was it the Hordern Pavilion? No...I saw Quo at the Hordern.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Damn it, he could be right ! Must have been Bowie at the cricket ground...or was it the Hordern Pavilion? No...I saw Quo at the Hordern.

If you have mixed Staus Quo and AC/DC up then you are .... fucking hell can't get my words out

negged incase 

If you have mixed Staus Quo and AC/DC up then you are .... fucking hell can't get my words out

negged incase

No, Ive mixed two venues up. Bowie was at the cricket ground, and AC/DC was at the Showground. Having been thinking about it, I'm pretty sure it was the last live show (at least for a while ) at the showground, on account of it being the loudest concert in Australia, upto that point, ever. There were many complaints.

Ironically, the last song of the set, was "Rock n Roll Aint Noise Pollution".

They were the days when the backline was live and not just for show. We're talking probably a massive wall of Marshall quads with amps to drive them. Which is why I couldn't hear the kettle whistle for three days. Can't revenge neg you, cos Tapatalk don like eet.

• Upvote 2

Well, I have managed to get tickets for Wembley !!

Pretty expensive, but I think it's the last time I'll get to see them.

Will be my 12th time, but I fuckin love them !

rock n roll, as they say.

How much were they? They were about £75-£80 when I saw them at Wembley last time. Not like they need the money.