You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

yes or no?  

210 members have voted

1. 1. yes or no?

• Yes i'd love him back
    • No he is a she-male cunt

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres isn't even any good. Why sign a shit player with poor character anyway?

I'd still say he is better than most strikers we'd be able to get but he isn't worth the money we'd have to pay, I think he only comes across as not any good due to what he used to be capable of but he isn't right for us and it won't happen

all of the above is based on his this season form and not the year and a half prior to this, plus any game against us where he has been fucking awful

There is a small part of me that would love to see him back here banging in 20 goals from Jan to May and then turn around and call Chelsea a big Rent Boy's club that has no soul. Can't ever see it though - him being back or banging in 20 goals!!

I'd still say he is better than most strikers we'd be able to get but he isn't worth the money we'd have to pay, I think he only comes across as not any good due to what he used to be capable of but he isn't right for us and it won't happen

all of the above is based on his this season form and not the year and a half prior to this, plus any game against us where he has been fucking awful

His record looks OK this season but he's been largely shite when I've seen him. He just doesn't have an edge.

I voted yes, but I voted with the idea in my head that I wasn't answering "Yes, I'd love him back".

I definitely wouldn't love to have him back. But I'd have him back if we could get him for cheap. i.e. 10 million or something daft like that. At that price I reckon he'd be worth a shot, I've never believed hes turned completely shite. I think hes just at a club he made a huge stupid mistake signing and hes been mentally fucked ever since he realised he made that mistake.

Hes still got probably 4 good years left in him if somebody can spark him back into life. I reckon it would take a move somewhere other than England though.

No thanks. He had a titty lip for a long time until he got what he wanted. His huge sense of entitlement alongside his unproffesional attitude then the utter bollocks he spoke about Chelsea and there great fans after the years they abused him. His a tit, he could of been a legend here but now he's a mercenary plastic, he doesn't deserve to wear the red shirt again. I still have a little romantasism left that the shirt has some kind of value and that's despite degen.

Welcome back Fernando.

fernando-torres-manchester-united-liverpool.jpg

I think it is clear that he has been bulked up to perhaps mirror the Drogba physical approach by the chavs. Hence poor balance and lack of his old pace. If he came back I'd put him on a diet and get back what I have to endure watching on LFC tv. He was stunning. Could it come back? Dunno but it would start by getting the wirey speedster back!

I voted no because I wouldn't 'love' him to come back. Aside from the fact that the fee would still be quite high and the wages would be massive, it was his decision to leave, despite all the cryptic bollocks about how we don't know the whole story. Either tell us or shut up.

Aside from the claims that Kenny told him to sling his hook when Torres tried to retract his transfer request, and aside from the fact the club made his request public very late in the transfer window, and aside from the claims that FSG only sanctioned a higher bid for Suarez once it was confirmed that Chelsea were prepared to meet the £50m demanded for Torres, what I would have done at the time is to still sign Suarez AND keep Torres until the end of the season at least. I'd have told Torres and his advisors that the club will reassess his situation in the summer, but until then, he'd be staying put.

He might well have sulked, or continued to play for a move (as he seemed to be doing in January 2011 when he suddenly found some scoring form), but there are 3 reasons why I would have done this if it were up to me:

1 - We'd have had a potentially lethal partnership on our hands, which would have meant that his transfer value would have remained at the £50m level if the likes of Chelsea continued to hover, since the sum was apparently in the contract he signed after the 2010 World Cup;

2 - We'd have had a potentially lethal partnership on our hands, so Torres himself might have settled down again and decided that he was happy to stay put. Granted, Gerrard got a bit more leeway from the fans when he retracted his own transfer request in 2005 than Torres might have got in 2011, but I think he'd still have got a fair bit of leeway from the fans;

3 - We'd have had time to scout potential new strikers in the summer as a replacement for Torres, and I think it's unlikely the list would have included Andy Carroll if Newcastle still expected silly money. Other strikers might have become available that summer for a much more realistic price. Either way, the 6 months would have bought us time to plan ahead more thoroughly.

If it was up to me, I'd be telling every player in the squad that if they are thinking about a transfer, or are specifically eyeing a move to another Premier League club, it will only be done if any such deal benefits LFC rather than the player.

I would tell the players and their agents that the contract they've signed is an agreement for the player to give his all for the club, and even if the player is motivated by a move away, he will be utilised in a manner that enables to team to continue progressing and picking up results. He might still play for a move, but if it means the team picks up more points and scores more goals, I'd tolerate that. You hear so often from people in the club hierarchy (and from fans) that no one individual is bigger than the club, yet too often, decisions are made to prove a point rather than actually benefit the club.

There is no clear strategy or doctrine in place at the club which tells the players exactly where they stand, and what will and won't be tolerated. I know that different managers might have different levels of leniency, but the way the club handles these situations is so wishy-washy that it allows certain individuals the opportunity to take the piss with the club. Statements about how the club matters more than any one individual are meaningless if situations like this are not handled properly and strategically.