You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Podcasts

chorlton

Except it's bullshit. The number of predators among male feminists is tiny. Percentages equal to say rapists among all men. There are feminists who hate men and categorise anyone that disagrees with them as a predator who is entitled and deserves to be jailed. I'd say current feminism is mostly toxic. Maybe 30% are actually using brains and statistics and the rest are just advancing their own narrow sexusocial agendas to punish people they aren't attracted to.

Like Rico, I’m a right wing wanker, so I don’t see too much issue with that. Likes equality, dislikes predatory behaviour.

You've turned right-wing because the left are utterly stupid now and you're listening to right-wing regards feeding you nonsense. If you read intelligent left-wing blogs like SlateStarCodex you'd become leftist again.

It seems to me like you’ve completely fabricated that. Is it based on anything real?

It's based on my mistrust of most current feminist women to act in anything like a rational way.

People that are actively kind are more likely to be predators as opposed to violent authoritarians? It makes zero sense.

He’s a simplistic cunt who constantly uses broad strokes to claim the high ground in some kind of macho bullshit posturing excercise. Can’t stand him, unless he’s talking about martial arts.

What was wrong, specifically, with what he said though, mate? You know me, I’m left wing, liberal as shit, a devoted egalitarian, but I just can’t see what he has said in that video that caused it to be criticised.

As a wider view of Rogan, I judge him as a talk show podcast host. Maybe that means I give him a bit more leash than I would a politician or an academic, but I think some of your criticism is true but his podcasts are generally very good. He allows the guest to share their view, is inquisitive, shares his view, and is fairly open minded. He’s hyper masculine, MMA type. I expect some of that stuff from him.

Horrendous comedian, though.

I’ve now listened to half of that podcast, there’s a discussion about discrimination against Asians, especially in academia. Not heard much outrage on that.

It’s also funny the reaction to that clip as he clearly says ‘not all’ and ‘I know people’ but gets shit, then over in the JC thread there’s Sect saying ‘the Jewish community always...’ with no pushback whatsoever. I don’t think Sect is racist by the way, but that sentence was.

What was wrong, specifically, with what he said though, mate? You know me, I’m left wing, liberal as shit, a devoted egalitarian, but I just can’t see what he has said in that video that caused it to be criticised.

I don’t think I have much of a criticism of the words he said, although I often find anecdotal bullshit like that to be a bit vacuous, it’s more what I read into the tone of what he’s trying to get across - “anybody who deviates from my macho standard is probably gonna rape you” (probably unfair on my part, but fuck it) - also I’m heavily biased because I view the things he says through the prism of thinking he’s a total cunt. Again, unfair on my part, but fuck it he’s a cunt. Apart from when he’s not, which is probably a lot of the time. But fuck it.

Obviously he’s met some people who are male feminists who are also creepy cunts who’ve possibly raped people, and extrapolated that across the entire range of male feminists who I think, most of the time, are just showing solidarity and probably are not into raping.

I don’t think I have much of a criticism of the words he said, although I often find anecdotal bullshit like that to be a bit vacuous, it’s more what I read into the tone of what he’s trying to get across - “anybody who deviates from my macho standard is probably gonna rape you” (probably unfair on my part, but fuck it) - also I’m heavily biased because I view the things he says through the prism of thinking he’s a total cunt. Again, unfair on my part, but fuck it he’s a cunt. Apart from when he’s not, which is probably a lot of the time. But fuck it.

Obviously he’s met some people who are male feminists who are also creepy cunts who’ve possibly raped people, and extrapolated that across the entire range of male feminists who I think, most of the time, are just showing solidarity and probably are not into raping.

Haha, fair enough. I love a bit of bias if it’s declared.

As a wider view of Rogan, I judge him as a talk show podcast host. Maybe that means I give him a bit more leash than I would a politician or an academic, but I think some of your criticism is true but his podcasts are generally very good. He allows the guest to share their view, is inquisitive, shares his view, and is fairly open minded. He’s hyper masculine, MMA type. I expect some of that stuff from him.

Horrendous comedian, though.

That’s absolutely fair enough mate, he cooked his chips with me when he helped elect Trump tbh. Always found him to be a bit duplicitous and agenda driven since that election cycle and most times I’ve gone to listen to his podcast I’ve had to turn it off after about twenty mins because I just can’t listen to him. I still really like the MMA stuff.

That’s absolutely fair enough mate, he cooked his chips with me when he helped elect Trump tbh. Always found him to be a bit duplicitous and agenda driven since that election cycle and most times I’ve gone to listen to his podcast I’ve had to turn it off after about twenty mins because I just can’t listen to him. I still really like the MMA stuff.

Yeah, there’s some things that turn me off a bit too. His constant ‘try psychedelic drugs, smoke pot, keto ftw’ Views get preachy.

Yeah, there’s some things that turn me off a bit too. His constant ‘try psychedelic drugs, smoke pot, keto ftw’ Views get preachy.

While criticising prescription drugs because they are messing with the mind and we don't know enough about it.