You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

12 minutes ago, Code said:

I might not have noticed since its our first Thursday game, but its really shite, same goes for Friday games.

From a egoistical point of view though, I should be all up for it, as it would make it easier to get two games in one trip without too many days off, but its a no from me. 

Aye, Friday games are shite too. I'm not sure how we get them though. I assume they're a movement of one of the other sky games over a weekend, so maybe the Monday night moves to a Friday?

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You are welcome to them next season when things start to come home to roost after they’ve spent 80 million in the summer and flogged half the squad.

You will still be here too Beef and you know it mate.

4 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Have these twats derailed our season by creating bad karma over their unnecessary and greedy desire to put up prices for the fans? And all in the lead up to Klopp leaving us as well. Great timing dickheads. 

I genuinely didn't know that they'd announced that recently. What a time to turn half the fans against the club. Incredible stuff.

Just like the SL announcement they are dense as fuck. Possibly the worst time to announce ticket price increases at such an important time of the season. 

I'm sure it will make for great veiwing on their documentary though. 

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

Just like the SL announcement they are dense as fuck. Possibly the worst time to announce ticket price increases at such an important time of the season. 

Almost as if they are completely detached and don't give a fcuk? Aggravating the match going support and creating bad feeling during a title run in.....genius!

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

You will still be here too Beef and you know it mate.

Wish it was that easy. I didn’t know what to do with myself anfter the match Sunday and then Monday I woke up and just didn’t care.

Even last night although I commented I’m just not feeling it anymore. I enjoyed it at the ground last night but I also don’t really miss it. 

I think I’m more affected by the media surrounding it all and the wall to wall coverage across tv, streaming, youtube, social media and print.

I don’t think we will win it now, somethings not right with the team, they’ve given it a good go and should never have been in the conversation anyway considering.

I just hate footy now, hate it. Oversaturated, greedy, corrupt and bait inducing. It’s actually really bad for your well being, your anger and those around you.

Klopp is the last of old school and it’s probably best to go out with him.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I genuinely didn't know that they'd announced that recently. What a time to turn half the fans against the club. Incredible stuff.

Not sure but maybe all the clubs announcing at the same times ? Prices of other clubs below. N.B. I am not saying I am in favour of the increase.

Cheapest ticket first:

Arsenal 10%/14%

Brentford 9.78%/48%

Brighton 5.3% / 20%

Burnley 5% / 4%

Everton 8% / 7.2%

Liverpool 2% / 2%

City 40% / 5%

Sheff Utd 6% / 4.7%

Spurs 6% / 6%

West Ham 11% / 6.33%

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I'd forgotten all about the TV show. That's going to be great viewing.

For Evertonians and Mancs.

4 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

Not sure but maybe all the clubs announcing at the same times ? Prices of other clubs below. N.B. I am not saying I am in favour of the increase.

Cheapest ticket first:

Arsenal 10%/14%

Brentford 9.78%/48%

Brighton 5.3% / 20%

Burnley 5% / 4%

Everton 8% / 7.2%

Liverpool 2% / 2%

City 40% / 5%

Sheff Utd 6% / 4.7%

Spurs 6% / 6%

West Ham 11% / 6.33%

RPI is running at 4.5%.

I don't know the full story, but staging a protest over really modest price rises does seem like jumping the gun.

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

Have these twats derailed our season by creating bad karma over their unnecessary and greedy desire to put up prices for the fans? And all in the lead up to Klopp leaving us as well. Great timing dickheads. 

The shitshow last night is on the players; the buck stops with them.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Vincent Vega said:

The money that increase will bring in is roughly what we pay Thiago every 10 weeks. He's leaving, how about reducing tickets by 2% instead?

Just because everyone else puts prices up doesn't mean we have to. Maybe be the ones to actually start to show appreciation to the fans? Who knows, maybe it'll catch on.

• Upvote 5

Just now, dave u said:

The money that increase will bring in is roughly what we pay Thiago every 10 weeks. He's leaving, how about reducing tickets by 2% instead?

Just because everyone else puts prices up doesn't mean we have to. Maybe be the ones to actually start to show appreciation to the fans? Who knows, maybe it'll catch on.

I thought we'd frozen prices for a few seasons before now.

17 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Wish it was that easy. I didn’t know what to do with myself anfter the match Sunday and then Monday I woke up and just didn’t care.

Even last night although I commented I’m just not feeling it anymore. I enjoyed it at the ground last night but I also don’t really miss it. 

I think I’m more affected by the media surrounding it all and the wall to wall coverage across tv, streaming, youtube, social media and print.

I don’t think we will win it now, somethings not right with the team, they’ve given it a good go and should never have been in the conversation anyway considering.

I just hate footy now, hate it. Oversaturated, greedy, corrupt and bait inducing. It’s actually really bad for your well being, your anger and those around you.

Klopp is the last of old school and it’s probably best to go out with him.

I think a lot of older fans feel the same . Football is all about money now . Too many games , poor officiating and it’s affecting the quality of football. I left Liverpool during the Thatcher years so all my watching is on telly and I would never miss a game not so much these days.

40 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

I think a lot of older fans feel the same . Football is all about money now . Too many games , poor officiating and it’s affecting the quality of football. I left Liverpool during the Thatcher years so all my watching is on telly and I would never miss a game not so much these days.

Football always seems like a turbocharged microcosm of wider society, and much of that is fucking shit now. 

Football is now a product for 19 year olds to tweet banter about, for people who need their harddrive checked like that Fabrizio character, and for working class and lower middle class people in the grounds to sing songs about poverty about their respective towns and cities. 

Oh, and of course VAR to ensure that any last remaining genuine emotion, any last remaining moments of collective exaltation are eradicated.

It's incredibly depressing. 

• Upvote 6

28 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

Its tough pal. Its funny you end up calling people C***s on here because you are arguing with them but in real life they are probably sound blokes.

The pressure to win and take your opportunity in this sport has been magnified beyond compare because of cheating, so every game is on a knifes edge now. Definitely detrimental to your health.

7 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Football always seems like a turbocharged microcosm of wider society, and much of that is fucking shit now. 

Football is now a product for 19 year olds to tweet banter about, for people who need their harddrive checked like that Fabrizio character, and for working class and lower middle class people in the grounds to sing songs about poverty about their respective towns and city. 

Oh, and of course VAR to ensure that any last remaining genuine emotion, any last remaining moments of collective exaltation are eradicated.

Nicely summarised.

If I could click my fingers & forget all about Football, I would do it in a heartbeat. It is genuinely awful now.

40 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I thought we'd frozen prices for a few seasons before now.

Yes we have.

Season tickets are out for renewal now, the argument about it being stupid to announce the minimal raise now is just daft, it had to be announced now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Its tough pal. Its funny you end up calling people C***s on here because you are arguing with them but in real life they are probably sound blokes.

The pressure to win and take your opportunity in this sport has been magnified beyond compare because of cheating, so every game is on a knifes edge now. Definitely detrimental to your health.

Don’t think you’re old enough to remember Liverpool in 10th in January one season under Sir Bob . They then went on an unbeaten run to win the league , if we sat in 8th now people’s heads would explode on here.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Football is now a product for 19 year olds to tweet banter about, for people who need their harddrive checked like that Fabrizio character, and for working class and lower middle class people in the grounds to sing songs about poverty about their respective towns and city. 

Social media has given a platform to fuckers who , 10 or 15 years ago , would all be Billy no mates.

2 minutes ago, The wanderer said:

Don’t think you’re old enough to remember Liverpool in 10th in January one season under Sir Bob . They then went on an unbeaten run to win the league , if we sat in 8th now people’s heads would explode on here.

Yeah just about, I went to my first games in the early eighties.

But back in those days you could lose a few and still win, you cant now because the game is rigged. When we won the double, which is still one of my favourite seasons we were garbage at Christmas and still came back to win.

The sport is doped now.

• Upvote 1

Obviously football is too expensive, and the owners are billionaire American cunts, but I would reckon 2% increase, which is way lower than the rate of inflation, is not worth protesting about.

If people expect club staff to get pay rises in line with cost of living increases, which I’m sure they do, seems a bit over the top to protest a small rise in ticket price.

1 hour ago, dave u said:

I'd forgotten all about the TV show. That's going to be great viewing.

For Evertonians and Mancs.

I still think this was one of the main drivers in Klopp getting off, he said he'd never agree to this sort thing and they've gone done it anyway.

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I still think this was one of the main drivers in Klopp getting off, he said he'd never agree to this sort thing and they've gone done it anyway.

I still think Klopp was being honest about his reasons for calling it a day.