You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The financial wisdom of the madhouse.

Sadly, he was not bought for free, but for £35,000,000 and another £20,000,000 + in wages.

Obviously it would have beeen better if we had acquired him on a free......

He was free and West Ham have since kindly offered to pay his wages.

*Sticks fingers in ears Lala la lal la la la la*

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always been baffled by the amount of goodwill shown towards him. Despite seemingly being unfit for the best part of a year he was publically outed by Reina as being the worst trainer at the club and used to meander around the last third basically doing the square root of fuck all. He's lazy and shit, and Rafa or Houllier would have cut his heart out with a spoon.

Biggest regret for Carroll should be signing for the wrong Merseyside club - he's the spiritual heir to Drunken. The people's fans would lap up his handful of unplayable performances and goal in the derby each year, while the lowered expectations would do his confidence the opposite to what an impossibly inhibiting £35M price tag did when he came here.

Given the depreciation on that grotesquely inflated fee, their inability to match it should no longer be the problem it would have been in January '11. Can already see their triumphant club website headline:

"£35 MILLION STRIKER JOINS THE BLUES...(for £7m)"

Always been baffled by the amount of goodwill shown towards him. Despite seemingly being unfit for the best part of a year he was publically outed by Reina as being the worst trainer at the club and used to meander around the last third basically doing the square root of fuck all. He's lazy and shit, and Rafa or Houllier would have cut his heart out with a spoon.

Its cus we paid 35 million for him

We all wanted it to work so we pretended we didnt see certain things

I was the same, then i saw him for west ham and knew he'd never be a liverpool player

Always been baffled by the amount of goodwill shown towards him. Despite seemingly being unfit for the best part of a year he was publically outed by Reina as being the worst trainer at the club and used to meander around the last third basically doing the square root of fuck all. He's lazy and shit' date=' and Rafa or Houllier would have cut his heart out with a spoon.[/quote']

Diouf and Aquilani.

That said, I agree with the first part of your post. Why should we be grateful when the lazy get actually knuckles down and trains properly? He is both lazy and shit.

You have to ask who the buyers would be.

I can't see West ham exercising their option, the likely contenders would be Newcastle, Sunderland and Stoke, with the latter most likely.

I would expect £8m-£5m.

stoke would be his best bet. swap him for begovic.

It's difficult to find a club that would be a good fit for him. He's not good enough for us but probably deserves better than West Ham. Newcastle or Everton would be OK for him I suppose but I can't see him going to either.

He should be brave and go abroad, I think he'd be a success in Italy or Germany.

He's going to end up at Newcastle - for about £15m. It seems inevitable!

Catastrophic signing simply because of the money involved, Aquilani runs him close (very close). What are the odds on Sturridge scoring more in 5 months than he has in 18. Comoli deserved to be sacked for this signing alone, and lumbering Kenny with this fucking joke for last season.

All managers make bad signings, but usually there is a certain level of education about the signings, not £35m for a player who had 6 months in the premiership, and was 22 (not 16).