You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carra

Believe it or not, there's fans who don't go on forums, who love Carra and Rafa.

They just think both have been brilliant for Liverpool.

I really like both. Always have. I don't understand how you couldn't.

Certainly Benitez really fucked me off plenty of times, especially in that horrible last season, but I still have utmost respect for him and his genuine love of the club and the fans.

Guest davelfc

I like Rafa and I have always been a big fan of Carra. I'd like to see Carra as our manager one day, I think he would be brilliant.

I said earlier that with the cup competitions next season I think it will be an ideal time for Carra to partner Coates and help him on, maybe even Kelly. He's certainly done a good job with Skrtel.

I imagine Carra learnt plenty from playing alongside fellow CL winner Sami.

This knowledge does not leave you, pace certainly but not knowledge.

We would be wise to allow Carra to share this with the youth, from Robinson, Flanno, Kelly & Coates. I think fans don't want to see Carra play in the league for us anymore as perhaps they don't trust him?

We could potentially play 60+ games next season (hopefully) we will need our squad.

I think your math are a bit out, mate.

I just think it was bad timing and irrational. I said so at the time and nothing that has happened since has altered that stance.

Sorry,I was thinking the difference between 90 and 60 k is about half a million a year, it's not is it ! Fail !

No bother, money is a problem, just not sure player contracts are our worst excess and while the timing may be dodgy, I don't begrudge Carra.

I would agree that our greatest strength in our best days was knowing when to let go and we have to ensure sentiment doesn't become a factor in our contract negotiations.

Believe it or not, there's fans who don't go on forums, who love Carra and Rafa.

They just think both have been brilliant for Liverpool.

I love Carra and Rafa. I only come on here out of all the Liverpool forums though, so I assume that means I'm better than most people.

Guest the boy
I'd likee to see Carra as our manager one day, I think he would be brilliant...He's certainly done a good job with Skrtel.

He watches a lot of footy so I agree.

And are you having a laugh? Skrtel has more often than not fallen to pieces when partnered with Carragher. Skrtel only reclaimed his imperious 08/09 form when Agger was beside him. Carragher, more often than not, has been a byword for Catastrophe for years now.

He watches a lot of footy so I agree.

And are you having a laugh? Skrtel has more often than not fallen to pieces when partnered with Carragher. Skrtel only reclaimed his imperious 08/09 form when Agger was beside him. Carragher, more often than not, has been a byword for Catastrophe for years now.

I'm glad you would like to see Carragher as our manager - I previously thought you disliked him for some reason. He's not been great in the last 12 months, but he has not been catastrophic, and neither was Skrtel imperious in 08/09. He was part of a well organised defence.

I like Rafa and I have always been a big fan of Carra. I'd like to see Carra as our manager one day, I think he would be brilliant.

I said earlier that with the cup competitions next season I think it will be an ideal time for Carra to partner Coates and help him on, maybe even Kelly. He's certainly done a good job with Skrtel.

As far as I'm concerned Carragher has always been the weakest centre back of a partnership bar Pellegrino (hence why he was shipped out to left back and right back). He has no finesse when comparing him to the likes of agger and hyypia as he simply cannot pass. The only decent attribute is that he is commanding. Put him in the Stoke team and you would really see how awful he is!

No-one should be untouchable, but at the same time a bit of respect should be maintained for Liverpool legends, and that goes for both Carragher and Benitez.

Legend gets used a lot imo,but its interesting that you class Benitez in the same class as Shanks and Sir Bob.

The fuck are you on about? More of a Fagan for me by the way.

Joe was only manager for a season and even though it was a amazing season,his legend status is more to do with his service for the club.

I just found it interesting you classing Benitez as a legend as Shanks and Sir Bob are classed as managers.

Nothing to cause a argument about I just dont think imo he should be classed in that high a esteem.

He done a amazing job here in his first couple of years,and maybe with the right owners behind him who knows what he could of achieved.

Like I said thats just me perhaps who dosent class him as a legend having been brought up through the Shanks and Sir Bob eras.

I put Shanks and especially Sir Bob on a totally different level to Benitez in many ways.

Brings home the 5th CL Trophy, for keeps.

Not that much of a legend.

Only on TLW.

So you rate him good enough to be ranked as a legend along side the likes of Shanks and Sir Bob.

Sorry if I disagree with that,but I wouldnt call Di Matteo a Chav legend either.

You classed Benitez as a legend along with Carra.

Is right, but you're the one who bought Shanks and Paisley into it. Don't put words in my mouth and they won't get spat back at you.

We've had over fifty managers; I think there's room for more than two of them to be called legends. Benitez gave us back some pride after twenty years in the wilderness. There'll be people telling their grandchildren about Istanbul.

Up there with Bill and Bob though? Don't be fucking daft.

Joe was only manager for a season and even though it was a amazing season,his legend status is more to do with his service for the club.

Fagan's brevity of managerial service belies his status as being only one of three managers ever to have won a treble in the history of the English game alongside Whiskeynose and Houllier.

His treble outstrips Houllier's because it includes the league.

You either do it, or you dont, and to be one of only two managers to have achieved a treble including the league title is indeed the stuff of legends.

That we should have two out of the three treble winning managers is the very essence of what makes LFC great.

Carragher should be shown the door sharpish. Back in the day, Paisley would have looked only at what he is now. He'd have been given absolutely zero credit for what he had once been. This "show him respect" line is one of the reasons we are where we are today.

Fucking crap.

He'd have kept him until he thought he had suitable back-up.

Just because you bitter twats desperately want to see quality in Coates or Kelly doesn't make it so.

Paisley kept Phil Thompson on despite Lawrenson and Hansen being his number one partnership.

So guess what, wrong again.

Snide = skewed judgement, as always.