You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

The BBC won’t let you binge watch box sets, Make you wait a week for the next installment even on i player. I’ve paid my licence fee, I should be able to consume the purchased product in whatever way I choose. Imagine if they sold beer, no more for you this week even though you’ve paid for the whole crate. It’s absurd. 

On 30/10/2021 at 16:05, Tony Moanero said:

It’s virtually impossible to get a decent pie from a supermarket nowadays. I can’t remember the last time I saw a Scotch Pie in Morrisons, Sainsbury’s, etc. Anything from in-house bakeries tends to be cheap and nasty. Pukka Pies were once an acceptable, convenient option but they are a fucking disgrace now. They used to be deep-filled but now there’s little more than a tablespoon of meat and gravy, and the pie lids could double as manhole covers. In recent times there has been a proliferation of so-called gourmet pies - Pieminister, Higgidy, Jon Thorner, etc. Even the supermarkets sell own brand “gastro” pies. These fuckers, almost without fail, contain alcohol, which is fuck all use to someone such as myself who avoids alcohol in food. I can understand steak and ale pies but you don’t fucking need white wine in a chicken and mushroom pie.

Love Scotch pies, haven’t had one I ages.

I’m meant to be, erm, trying to lose weight. Just waiting for the oven to beep and then I’m eating one of these for my tea. 

hollands_potato_meat_family_pie_84023_T1

I’m not having bread or chips or anything with it, which I should be commended for. I’m doing a great job of convincing myself I’m not a fat cunt. Meanwhile I can’t button up most of my jeans. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Captain Willard said:

The BBC won’t let you binge watch box sets, Make you wait a week for the next installment even on i player. I’ve paid my licence fee, I should be able to consume the purchased product in whatever way I choose. Imagine if they sold beer, no more for you this week even though you’ve paid for the whole crate. It’s absurd. 

That britbox fucks me off. We've paid for bbc stuff but If we wanna rewatch we have to pay them 

Went for a walk down the waterfront today from Brunswick down to the Pier Head and back. walked past the exhibition centre and all the weird and wonderful were out in force (comic-con was on). Walking back I oberheard someone say they wanted to meet Opie and Tig (Sons of Anarchy) so I've just got home and had a look who was there today. Click this link, and scroll to the very bottom......

https://www.comicconventionliverpool.co.uk/guests-2021

I'm angry, confused and heartbroken. 

4 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

Incompetent, unreflective, overly ambitious pricks with no real understanding of what leadership is, just buzz words and misunderstood, out of date, practice.

Earn your stripes, learn your lines or your wings are getting clipped.

Moron.

Don't be so hard on yourself Spanner.

I was just looking at the news articles on the telly and there was one titled What did we learn about Adele on Oprah, who the fuck are we? and who gives a fuck about some bird making a record, plus she's in all the papers, I also couldn't give a fuck about your personal life nor do I want to see a picture of you in my morning paper when I'm enjoying my breakfast. 

• Upvote 2

The wife’s been shopping this morning, came back with some nice cooked ham from the butchers.

Offered to make me a sandwich, which did make me a little suspicious, but I gladly accepted.

Ten minutes later she shouts me to inform me I need to butter my own bread. I rolled with the initial punch and made my way to the kitchen.

“Where’s the ham?” I enquired.

”In the fridge” she responded.

I bet she genuinely believes she’s just made me a sandwich. 

• Upvote 1