You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Guest davelfc

I agree mate,  I employ people that work in shops. You get the odd diamond amongst mongs.

But if you payed 20 quid an hour guess what? No more mongs. Thing is shops cannot afford 20 quid an hour and even if they could most kids are not worth the training investment. Do the research yourself go in get what you want and leave. That's my techo strategy

I rarely purchase from shops, especially tech. I do my research and purchase online. It's unfair most of the time to assume that staff in a shop will know every single thing about a particular item.

However I have a spiffy new router that allows me to have a back up 3G modem in case my broadband goes off. As such some prepaid data sim would fit the bill nicely. I'm probably going to have to go down the route of a monthly contract for a capped low use data sim. 

I still don't think it unreasonable to expect an assistant in a shop, a quiet shop. In fact a shop where there was one customer (me) and four members of staff, to actually listen to what I asked. 

My family wind me up. Its my mums birthday and as as a rule my sister sorts the cards and i throw some money in. Apparently my mum wants to see a play and I am given a price per ticket. I tell my mum I will pay for her and a friend only to find out the pair will cost £50 more than the original price quoted. As per usual I will ask family members do they wish to contribute and get ignored.

Still trying to recoup the for Robbie Williams tickets I spent £180 on

Guest davelfc

v2-TextWalking1.jpg

The Belgian city of Antwerp has dedicated specific ‘text lanes’ similar to cycle lanes, for pedestrians who are glued to their mobile phones.

Just what the fuckity fuck!!

v2-TextWalking1.jpg

The Belgian city of Antwerp has dedicated specific ‘text lanes’ similar to cycle lanes, for pedestrians who are glued to their mobile phones.

Just what the fuckity fuck!!

Good idea if you ask me. The amount of times I've wanted to throw someones mobile phone across the street because they have just walked into me without looking up. It can't be real that though surely? She is that fucking entranced in her phone she has gone out the lines. bitch. 

sticking with mobile phones. my iPhone 5 charger decided to pack up today. we both have the same phone model so I started hunting for a spare charger. I am not kidding, we had 3 more of these in a draw. None of the cunts worked. No fucking one. Had to go and buy one for 25 quid. Apple you robbing twatty cunt fucks fuck off. 

Guest davelfc

Good idea if you ask me. The amount of times I've wanted to throw someones mobile phone across the street because they have just walked into me without looking up. It can't be real that though surely? She is that fucking entranced in her phone she has gone out the lines. bitch. 

Fuck them, so we should give these fucking retards their own lanes on the pavement. Where's my fun in walking in to the pricks? How about a lane for fast walkers, people that are jogging and mothers with prams. Where would it stop?

Put your fucking phone away and watch where the fuck you're walking you dickheads. 

Honestly the kindest thing that could happen to the modern world would be a fucking huge meteorite. 

• Upvote 2

sticking with mobile phones. my iPhone 5 charger decided to pack up today. we both have the same phone model so I started hunting for a spare charger. I am not kidding, we had 3 more of these in a draw. None of the cunts worked. No fucking one. Had to go and buy one for 25 quid. Apple you robbing twatty cunt fucks fuck off. 

http://www.boredpanda.com/text-walking-lanes-mlab-belgium/

They're rubbish, arent they?

I just bought a replacement for my daughter today. I wasnt going to give my money to Apple though and got Sainsburys own brand for £15 and a year's guarantee. Pack yours up, Stig, and take it back

Guest davelfc

Any USB charger will do the trick, you don't need an apple one. 

I use one of these.

51ZZs6TLePL._SX425_.jpg

Cost less than you paid Apple for that charger. 

Is it the cable we're talking about?

Utter fucking pricks on their mobile phones whilst driving. Especially the ones who aren't even concentrating on where they are driving to. Some dopey slag before gapping on her mobile whilst going across a junction confusing everyone as she didn't give any fucker a clue which way she was going - indication.

Fucking dangerous twats, hope they end up in a fireball after driving high speed into a brick wall.

• Upvote 1

Is it the cable we're talking about?

Yeah just the cable. The ends fray really easy but sometimes they just decide to give up doing their job for no apparent reason. The lead for my macbook is on its way out because it is frayed, costs a bomb to replace. You'd think a 1200 quid bit of kit would have a decent lead for it. Does my head in. The world is one big robbing machine. 

You can buy these for about 2 quid on Amazon you dopey twonk.

• Upvote 1

I'm in Philadelphia at the moment and was in a pub last night. Went to order 6 pints of pale ale but the barman informed me that it wasn't pouring well. OK, says I, what else have you got similar?

Do you want something local? Yes, nice one.

Off he goes and comes back with 6 pints, which I duly pay for.

It's really good this, he says, tastes just like pretzels and mustard.

For fucks sake.