You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So West Brom then.

Dicko

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really pleased with that today. Very good performance from Carroll and signs of some real understanding building up with Suarez, who surpasses superlatives from me. Skrtel and Agger flawless at centre back. Actually I thought everyone played well with the possible exception of Downing, but it is really starting to come together for Kenny's team now and I think we can do very well for the remaining three quarters of the season.

No possible about it, downing is badly out of form, the question is, should Kenny keep playing him?

It was nice to beat the rubbery faced bastard on his own patch, for me he was the face (literally) for everything that was wrong at the club last year !

roll on the bluebirds next week

Still don't get the anger directed to Woy to be honest. Clearly Kenny was the better option from the off and he wound us up with the way he managed us, but he just makes me laugh when I see him getting angry and I don't have no hate towards him. When I saw their fans looking fed up though and thought about what we were like when he was here I felt kind of sorry for them.

He had an awesome strop in the 1st half too, usually think Wenger is the funniest for that type of thing but Woy was absolutely brilliant there.

Really pleased with that result. Only comments i'll make are there is going to be a lot of players looking for game time and I'd like to see them getting some more when we have a match won. It would have been nice to see Maxi make an appearance. We created a lot of chances today again but didn't convert a lot. Some day soon we are going to knock seven past someone.

Still don't get the anger directed to Woy to be honest. Clearly Kenny was the better option from the off and he wound us up with the way he managed us, but he just makes me laugh when I see him getting angry and I don't have no hate towards him. When I saw their fans looking fed up though and thought about what we were like when he was here I felt kind of sorry for them.

He had an awesome strop in the 1st half too, usually think Wenger is the funniest for that type of thing but Woy was absolutely brilliant there.

The turning point for me was the Utopia comment after the derby defeat, we have a crackin (recent) record against the bitters, so to come out with a comment like that just showed he was a feathery loon of the highest order !

Was pleased with the performances of Lucas(he was far more adventurous and direct in his passing than he normally is), Suarez and Enrique. Enrique was our second most dangerous outlet, I thought. Thought the Agger/Skrtel partnership played out exactly as those of who've been advocating it predicted, although West Brom didn't offer a legitimate threat.

I don't think we can play Downing and Henderson in the same team; they're both talented functional players, but neither offer a consistent goal threat or possess enough creativity to make us less reliant on Suarez, in my opinion. That's why I'd like to see us start against Swansea with either Maxi on the right or Bellamy on the left.

Great solid win. Skrtel and Agger were brilliant together and the line was much higher, which is great to see. Enrique and Johnson were also excellent.

One of the things I was happiest with was Adam's defensive play. He made a good number of tackles and interceptions and there was great balance to his overall play in turms of holding his runs and bursting forward.

I think Henderson's developing with every game. Although I'm still unsure about him playing wide right, it's good to see him getting more involved the more he plays.

Suraez was once more fantastic and him and Carroll are really starting to click today. Also, I thought Carroll was very good himself.

The one negative, as has already been mentioned, was Downing. He's in poor form at the minure and nothing seems to be coming off for him. I think he needs rested in favour of Bellamy or Maxi. I am a fan of him though and think he'll come good.

All in all, a very good team performance.

The turning point for me was the Utopia comment after the derby defeat, we have a crackin (recent) record against the bitters, so to come out with a comment like that just showed he was a feathery loon of the highest order !

There were a million things he done to rub us up the wrong way, wasn't there?

[YOUTUBE]m7pZrW9wCZM[/YOUTUBE]

As comfortable an away win as you could hope for really, we were always in control, always threatening and rarely threatened ourselves. The second goal makes all the difference and it`s nice to break the cycle of turning 1-0 leads into 1-1 draws.

Not earth shattering but another step in the right direction. Roll on Swansea.

Comfortable, nice to sit back for a 2nd half without biting my fingers off. Only negative for me is the form of Downing, it's been going on for a few weeks now & he doesn't deserve his place in the team on current form,whereas Bellamy does IMO. Enrique is brilliant, Really missed Lucas last week, good to have him back. My love for Luis grows every week, that attempted chip to the far post which he put over the bar, he was so annoyed with himself I was laughing. I like Henderson, but I think it's unfair on the lad putting him out there, would love to see him in the middle. Just hope Carroll can get a run of games to get his confidence back up now, it must have took a bit of a knock after scoring v the blueshite & getting dropped the next week, gotta give him a good run of games now.

Nice to get the 3 points and Carroll got another goal, so all is well. These are the games we have to win if we want 4th. We bossed the game and could have scored 4.

Gerrard missing again is a concern, I hope the ankle infection isn't serious.

The only complaint would be that we still aren't killing teams off. A goal for WBA would have made for an extremely nervy ending. We have to be more ruthless.