You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Newest Edition Of FourFourTwo

Lex Anderfield

The newest edition of FourFourTwo has a big LFC feature, makes for some very good reading.

It is a kind of three part layout, the ownership/off field situation, Suarez and then Carroll.

Both strikers come across as dedicated and humble in their interviews, giving the impression their attitudes are right. The words lethal and strikeforce will be used countless times when describing them over the coming goal-den years.

The main article was on John W Henry and the people now running our club. There are various quotes regarding the future and what can be expected. Those involved seem focussed on making us the best club in the world again and not just winning the league, but dominating it.

It appears there is a genuine acceptance that the squad is quantity heavy, quality light. More importantly, though, there is a willingness to change that. Refreshingly, no brash and bold comments which veer into the realms of the ridiculous were made, merely a sincere and informed statement of glory filled intent.

There is to be greater continuity throughout the club, one comment from Damien Comolli that jumped out was, if there is a specific player likely to come through the youth ranks and make it to our 11, then the first team would swerve away from buying in that position.

It lists and mini-features Sterling, Flanagan, Wisdom, Coady and Robinson as ones who are expected to make it. The plan is to have a clear uniform playing philosophy throughout the entire club, with the youth team utilising the same attacking style as the first team.

Further confirmation was given that this should be a big summer in the market. Additionally, Comolli said Suarez was definitely being bought as a partner for FT (could we at last have seen the back of the dreaded net spend?!), but interestingly also said Carroll was the main target for the summer so they moved that plan forward due to the deadline day developments. It was not made clear as to whether the intended purchase of Carroll in the summer was as a replacement for FT as they anticipated/knew of his desire to leave, or whether the big Geordie hero was meant as an addition.

The stadium issue is a real twist in the plot it seems. There appears a real desire to redevelop and remain in the club’s spiritual home, thus casting doubt on the building of a brand new one in Stanley Park. An issue is the council seem enthusiastic towards approved building plans going ahead due to the obvious regeneration potential in such a project.

Respect and acknowledgement of his general greatness was afforded for Kenny by all and the suggestion was made that talks over the extension of his role are already well under way.

Keywords were definitely things like vision, bright, success, even dynasty...

From this article, summing up in a nutshell what will happen...I think we will see:

Kenny installed as manager full time

A mass squad clearout (nice will be given the day off) to get rid of the dross

One big transfer summer to catch us up

The squad places given to emerging young talent as opposed to overpaid, over the hill cack

Much stronger, more lucrative commercial activity

The refurbishment of Anfield

A new era of greatness!

The article is worth a read.

Just to say as well, this was my first thread on a website which I do really enjoy spending time on (don’t let the posts number fool you, I lurk!) so thanks to everyone who contributes.

We should be optimistic, the night is over and dawn is here...

Sounds good.

Any chance of a link or copies of the article?

I'm also a regular FourFourTwo reader and have often wondered how many other people see what's in there.

Quite often their content is not shared with anyone, you seldom see their content reproduced online. And often it's good stuff, informative and intelligent.

There is another thread on here somewhere where the FourFourTwo feature was scanned and copied, only about a week ago. I've been reading this issue and there is another feature on Silvio Berlusconi's arrival at AC Milan - how the club was immediately before then, and how think improved dramatically. It is quite striking just how similar a position to us they were in prior to his arrival, and just how badly things were handled before then. If FSG can have the same positive (or even better) impact here, without the fanfare and interference that Berlusconi revels in, then it would be good times.

There is another thread on here somewhere where the FourFourTwo feature was scanned and copied, only about a week ago. I've been reading this issue and there is another feature on Silvio Berlusconi's arrival at AC Milan - how the club was immediately before then, and how think improved dramatically. It is quite striking just how similar a position to us they were in prior to his arrival, and just how badly things were handled before then. If FSG can have the same positive (or even better) impact here, without the fanfare and interference that Berlusconi revels in, then it would be good times.

Leave the fanfare & interference out, but the Bunga-Bunga parties in & we'll call it a deal.

anyone know where you can get the jacket Big andy's got on on the front?

Try kitbag.com or subside.co.uk

I don't know if you have the magazine but I think it says where you can buy all the merchandise Andy's wearing in those photos.

Apologies if the details had already been put up. In fairness, I did have a look for it before posting the thread, but did not see anything, hence I went ahead.

Thanks to everyone who posted.

WaltonRed - The article says that Andy Carroll is sponsored by Umbro and to visit Umbro.com. I couldn 't see the jacket from the cover on their site, though some similar. Didn't see any other buying information in the magazine itself, so I have sent FourFourTwo an email asking where specifcally the rather fetching item can be purchased from. I will post any response I get.

Yeah agreed its a good read, the main Liverpool article is written by Tony Barrett. There's a great pic of the owners sitting in front of all the players, guess they might of got it of the offal

Edit: this is the photo Picture: Liverpool FC's new American owners introduce themselves to players and staff at Melwood - News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

Apologies if the details had already been put up. In fairness, I did have a look for it before posting the thread, but did not see anything, hence I went ahead.

Thanks to everyone who posted.

WaltonRed - The article says that Andy Carroll is sponsored by Umbro and to visit Umbro.com. I couldn 't see the jacket from the cover on their site, though some similar. Didn't see any other buying information in the magazine itself, so I have sent FourFourTwo an email asking where specifcally the rather fetching item can be purchased from. I will post any response I get.

Just to confirm, got a response from FourFourTwo.

Apparently, the red jacket worn by Andy Carroll on the cover was specially made for him and is therefore not for sale.

• 3 years later...